put back the limited items, and new

SergioAnibal

Question

Personally, I think it would be great bet more people would buy reward points as the gi turtle, hair matches the electrical storm, and that would be the idea to get the sets. As the case helmet knight, I like it too, but I think there is no knight armor, or even a sword; I hope my suggestion taken into account. Thank you.

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

i disagree about bringing back past limited items, but new ones sound good.

Bringing back past limited items would definitely increase donations toward the game since people would definitely try to buy multiple electric storm hairs or whatever. I'm not really sure if the devs even need the boost, but if they're ever in the need of money, then they can probably just rerelease some of the limited vanities. (I assume they would care more about money than how rare some random vanity is)

21 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Bringing back past limited items would definitely increase donations toward the game since people would definitely try to buy multiple electric storm hairs or whatever. I'm not really sure if the devs even need the boost, but if they're ever in the need of money, then they can probably just rerelease some of the limited vanities. (I assume they would care more about money than how rare some random vanity is)

but would people buy a "limited" item that is probably going to come back? a big part of the value is their will only b X amount of them. if devs keep releasing new limited items people will keep buying them thinking this is their one and only chance to have it and that the value will inflate over time. if they re release limited items, the trust in the value of the item will be lost like some of the holiday items in runescape that get re-released each year. 

TL:DR re-releasing limited edition items will hurt the value of current and future limited edition items resulting in one short term money increase but long term decrease in sales of limited edition items.

edit: another analogy. steam sales. every year about a dozen time a year cs go goes on sale on steam. because of this people will not buy at it at full price, because they know "hey i can wait a few weeks till the next sale". often people will wait till the next next sale if they think it'll go lower. while this makes sense for the buyers, it hurts valves profit margins. however valve also owns steam so by adding items to get people to buy they are generating profit when people buy other companys games and valve gets a %. now steam has a lot of games and when people put money on steam it's often in the 20-100$ range, which they spend on other steam games besides the 2-5$ on sale game. so besides attracting people to steam the service they are also attracting money into the steam walled garden. money they immediately get even if you dont spend it for years or ever. pokemmo would not generate any of these benefits by lowering the value of the vanity items.

Edited by fredrichnietze