Add Egg Move Donors to the Pokedex

Zymogen

Question

Should you have to do a chain breed for an egg move, it would be incredibly helpful to be able to quickly consult the Pokedex itself to see which Pokemon donate the moves to the recipient instead of having to search it up on websites like Bulbapedia, especially since such websites sometimes don't include the Gen 3 breeding chains. 

Preferably, entire chains should be added for maximum efficiency, however I can understand that that would take a long time to construct considering there may be multiple breeding chains per move; therefore I suggest possibly adding either just one chain or detailing single Pokemon, and if it's a chain breed you can then use that to work backwards. (I'm not sure I worded that clearly so I'll demonstrate):

For example, this could be shown when hovering over Rapid Spin on Shellder's Pokedex entry:

Spoiler

88c3821ee421f44a3dcf8c44ba3d2ff1.png

The idea here being that you could either see the whole chain or then go onto Tentacool's Pokedex entry so that you can see what breeds Rapid Spin onto it. 

The only (somewhat) con I see with this is increasing the size of moves' hover menus in the Pokedex, however an increase in length of two-or-so text lines is minor considering how large they are as it stands.

Should you find any more flaws or have any further criticisms, let me know.

Thanks for reading 

*NB: If this has already been suggested and/or is currently being worked on, let me know. 

Edited by Zymogen

2 answers to this question

I highly support this idea. However, instead of the info being revealed as the player hover the mouse on the move, it could be displayed on an extra column besides the TYPE.

No feeling like to edit images so, something like this:

Level / Name / Taught by / Type / Power / PP /Acc.

Also, +1 is not enough for this. 

On 9/28/2016 at 11:01 PM, pachima said:

I highly support this idea. However, instead of the info being revealed as the player hover the mouse on the move, it could be displayed on an extra column besides the TYPE.

No feeling like to edit images so, something like this:

Level / Name / Taught by / Type / Power / PP /Acc.

Also, +1 is not enough for this. 

Interesting idea, I like it.