[Denied]PokeMMO Newsletter

I would love to sign up for a newsletter that included all the updates/pokemmo related news. I think a standalone signup form for those interested would be handy (newsletter.pokemmo.eu or something) and we can throw our emails in that we wish to receive the newsletter in and then once news comes out we can have it sent to our emails.

Sure I can go to the forums and check each day, but It would be slightly more convenient to have this sent out,

Right, now it would just currently be updates to the game but things such as tournaments, events, etc would all be sent out with it as well. Basically if someone grabbed information from forums, stuck it into a neat, tidy html email format that looked nice and sent it to those wanting it, well that would be just great. I know "featured" tournaments hosted by people such as blockbyblock would appreciate the extra support and playerbase to his Friday night tourney's.

There is plenty of things going on that the general pokemmo playerbase doesnt know about and I think the newsletter idea would be the perfect idea to bring out some of that into the open.

Not sure about e-mail but.. at the other hand I'd love to have some sort of "newsletter" in-game.

Maybe a long with the possible bulletin board that have been discussed before, that would (or could I guess) display fun statistics (who killed most wild shinies, who won/lost most battles etc) about the server and things regarding it.

Would make kind of sense to have simple news or in-game access to information about events/tourneys and things generally going on.

It is easy to read about updates on the forums, but only a few of all players actually does it, which end up global being spammed with "So, what's the update?". It'd be neat to have it accessible in-game.

Sorry if I went off-topic(?), but I consider my idea so small it doesn't deserve a thread on its own, and I guess it has somewhat to do with the title of the thread.

In game/email would be fine either way. I was more thinking email for those not on the game all day and would like to be updated when not at the computer. In game would be awesome as well to reduce global poop spam AND easy to access info.

Lol @Anzhelika, but that's with crap like Adobe which nobody gives two shits about.

No, I approve of this idea, get somebody with the most posts, (Dakaha step forward) :P And then you can easily make a nice Newsletter for those who want to read it, if it's formatted well and looks appeasing then I'll read it no problem, I can a lot to talk about, for example shinies of the week, scammers of the week, upcoming tournaments, Sales of the week.

Come on guys, it's literally staring at us in the face, this is a pretty awesome idea and with work it will be easily made practical.

Your choice, if you deny this then eh, we're the ones who've lost out.

Lol @Anzhelika, but that's with crap like Adobe which nobody gives two shits about.

No, I approve of this idea, get somebody with the most posts, (Dakaha step forward) :P And then you can easily make a nice Newsletter for those who want to read it, if it's formatted well and looks appeasing then I'll read it no problem, I can a lot to talk about, for example shinies of the week, scammers of the week, upcoming tournaments, Sales of the week.

Come on guys, it's literally staring at us in the face, this is a pretty awesome idea and with work it will be easily made practical.

Your choice, if you deny this then eh, we're the ones who've lost out.

My newsletter would be telling people to go away.

What about events/tournaments and other such things? I dont want to know some random post somebody posted in those sections, I want to know about featured things or things sponsored by pokemmo. I guess I could step forward and create the webpage BUT I think it would be inappropriate for me to create the mailing list on a different domain, not to mention sketchy for some.

This is like, so basic yet helpful... pretty much EVERY site has one, why not pokemmo for our news needs?

What about events/tournaments and other such things? I dont want to know some random post somebody posted in those sections, I want to know about featured things or things sponsored by pokemmo. I guess I could step forward and create the webpage BUT I think it would be inappropriate for me to create the mailing list on a different domain, not to mention sketchy for some.

This is like, so basic yet helpful... pretty much EVERY site has one, why not pokemmo for our news needs?

We have a section of the forums dedicated to tournaments, so I don't see why would need a newsletter to include them.

A newsletter would be rather pointless, since everything we need to know is already available to us.

That section is filled with random events and user sponsored tournaments. I do not wish to get my email spammed every time a topic/post is made.

So because Newegg or any other site sends out a newsletter it is pointless because the info is already available to the users? I dont mind you posting your thoughts but continually putting information that is false isnt cool.

Thanks for trying though.

I actually do things during the day besides sitting on the forums or playing on the game and I DO check my email far more than I do than the game/forums. You have to understand not everyone can just sit in front of their computer all day and watch the forums for the latest news?

Sorry for being rude but you have to realize not everyone is the SAME as you. Sure, you may not be interested but others are, and have voiced that. Its a newsletter, you have the option to sign up for it or not, so if you wish not to receive the updates then by all means do not sign up.

I actually do things during the day besides sitting on the forums or playing on the game and I DO check my email far more than I do than the game/forums. You have to understand not everyone can just sit in front of their computer all day and watch the forums for the latest news?

Sorry for being rude but you have to realize not everyone is the SAME as you. Sure, you may not be interested but others are, and have voiced that. Its a newsletter, you have the option to sign up for it or not, so if you wish not to receive the updates then by all means do not sign up.

Taking everything into consideration, I still don't see staff members making a newsletter or hiring people just to write it.

There haven't even been official tournaments for this game yet. If there are, they would be posted in the tournament forum and would be stickied (Thoth has a stickied one but it isn't official).

This is just a waste of resources man, so few people actually read newsletters now.

There haven't even been official tournaments for this game yet. If there are, they would be posted in the tournament forum and would be stickied (Thoth has a stickied one but it isn't official).

This is just a waste of resources man, so few people actually read newsletters now.

Few people read newsletters? Where are you getting this information, or are you just speaking from person experience?

Few people read newsletters? Where are you getting this information, or are you just speaking from person experience?

You're telling me when a game is in beta and you sign up for it, you actually click the newsletter and read it, rather than read patch notes or playing the game for yourself?

When the game is in beta, it is being updated and a LOT of things are going on. Patch notes(AKA UPDATES) would be INCLUDED in the newsletter which people would be able to read when not sitting in front of the computer or on the game. I have a family, a job and a life outside pokemmo and cannot sit here watching the forums. I sometimes do not get to the forums for a few days and seeing an email pop up with all information in one single convenient post is handy for those like myself.