how to stop mienshao

i like cofagrigus (bold nature and max Hp and def investment), but i guess to predict the high jump kick and switch in a ghost is one of the best options or run protect.bold venusaur with leech seed works also pretty good.an other option is to play around trick room.

Edited by MosesBrenner
forgot something to say
4 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

I mean yeah obv that works. But its not like scizor appreciates an HJK.

Don't get hit. He uses u-turn switches into something. Counter his switch then expect mien coming and double switch. Not hard. (Predict a switch.)

Mien is easy to kill just annoying to pin down

Tip is to have something out where he won't use high jump kick

Edited by jerryzoo

I know I've said this before, and maybe Mienshao isn't the absolute perfect pokemon for this little sagely advice, but guys - the days of every single OU mon having a counter/multiple counters is gone. The further entrenched we get into gen 5 pokemon/moves/abilities, and even as we go beyond that, this is going to start coming up more and more often.

With the sheer volume of power pokemon with wide movesets and high base stats, the conversation starts to change from "What pokemon can switch in and force this thing out multiple times a duel" to "are there factors that will limit this mon's ability to wreak havoc all duel long?" For Mienshao, the fact that it's weak to every form of hazards, its stab is pretty favorable to wall and comes with high risk, struggles with 4mss, and that it's relatively frail and doesn't resist a single form of priority, I don't think a serious discussion about its banworthiness is ripe just yet. But again, as we discuss things like this (especially hydreigon coming up) I think we need to acknowledge collectively that no counters=/=instant ban anymore

Edited by Gunthug
7 hours ago, Gunthug said:

For Mienshao, the fact that it's weak to every form of hazards

I would have suggested hazards as a way to deal with mienshao, if not for regenerator.

This might be naive of me, but I thought regenerator made it strong against hazards, as it can switch out and back in and cancel out the hazard damage, if not outheal it?

At least, this is probably the strongest way to deal with hazards that isn't straight up rapid spin.

Edited by Eggplant
19 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

I would have suggested hazards as a way to deal with mienshao, if not for regenerator.

This might be naive of me, but I thought regenerator made it strong against hazards, as it can switch out and back in and cancel out the hazard damage, if not outheal it?

At least, this is probably the strongest way to deal with hazards that isn't straight up rapid spin.

First of all, the strongest way to deal with hazards isn't rapid spin at all, it's defog. Second, yeah regen helps a little with hazards but when you're as frail as mienshao even the chip damage you take coming in can be enough to turn 2hkos into 1hkos - quite significant when you're talking about revenge killing 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.