[Money Guide] Community Pickup Guide (2nd Edition)

12 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I have a small request, can you separate new documentations from the old? The reason that this is being asked is due to me having to check what I did and didn't document. The post can be something like this....

Route 29: .........

--------------------------------------------

New Findings from old post

Route 29: ........

You do not have to do this, but it would be nice if you could. Either that, or feel free to make a new post about it.

What do you mean by that? I didn't get it, sorry.

If that helps: I've been checking what items have already been updated on your list, and those that I've already sent myself so I don't post duplicates (if I did it was a mistake). And I only edit a post of mine if it's the last post on this thread. If it isn't the last post it won't be edited anymore (unless I find I've written something wrong, like a typo, then I'll just fix that).

33 minutes ago, Totila said:

What do you mean by that? I didn't get it, sorry.

If that helps: I've been checking what items have already been updated on your list, and those that I've already sent myself so I don't post duplicates (if I did it was a mistake). And I only edit a post of mine if it's the last post on this thread. If it isn't the last post it won't be edited anymore (unless I find I've written something wrong, like a typo, then I'll just fix that).

If you do plan to edit your old posts, can you make a line to indicate that you found something new?

Example:

Route 29: Potion, Super Potion, Poke Ball

-----------------------------

(Your edit so you do not double post)

Route 29: Antidote, Great Ball, Rare Candy

It makes it easier to document.

Edited by Bestfriends
Edited example for better clarification.
8 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

If you do plan to edit your old posts, can you make a line to indicate that you found something new?

Example:

Route 29: Potion, Super Potion, Poke Ball

(Your edit so you do not double post)

Route 29: Antidote, Great Ball, Rare Candy

It makes it easier to document.

I actually don't plan to edit the old posts anymore. My method has been like this:

- I play until an item is found in battle;

- I stop playing, take a screen shot and come here;

- If my last post isn't the last post on the thread, I start a new one (or if my last post has reached the max File Size, then I'll start a new one to put the new screenshots). If my last post is the last post of the thread then I'll just edit it to avoid 'spamming' posts. All of my posts before my last one won't receive any additions anymore.

- Rinse and repeat until either the post reaches Max File Size, or someone else posts in between, which then will make me start a new post. Or my pokemmo session comes to an end, which means I'll only have new info many hours in the future.

Considering this, what should be the best approach for both of us? What you suggested might become clunky because I only put one item/screenshot per edit, so this means my posts will have like many many lines of duplicate text, like:

---

Example (for the careless reader, the following list is 100% made up, look at the OP for true info):

Route 29: Potion

Route 29: Antidote

Route 30: Great Ball

Route 29: Leftovers

Route 29: Metal Coat

Route 31: Antidote

Route 29: Burn Heal

---

And the locations are in no order whatsoever because I'm using 2 accounts that aren't necessarily in the same place at the same time (you can see that by the order of screenshots in each of my posts, as the screenshots are in cronological order and show locations changing back and forth all the time), and sometimes my gf sends me a screenshot of hers too (adding up to 3 different accounts in different locations), so the order doesn't make any sense.

I'm here to help, this list of yours already guided me for years in pokemmo, so I want to help populate it now that I got the chance. Let's see if we can find a better approach for both of us.

1 hour ago, Totila said:

I actually don't plan to edit the old posts anymore.

I'm here to help, this list of yours already guided me for years in pokemmo, so I want to help populate it now that I got the chance. Let's see if we can find a better approach for both of us.

This part of your post would make quite a difference because I keep having to check back and forth on my guide to see if you edited a post or not after having documenting all of your findings. If you want to make a post and do not want to double post, then feel free to hold onto those findings for tomorrow. Separate posts make item documentation a lot easier because I do not have to monitor the guide constantly to see if you edited your post or not. As of yesterday and the day before, I had to constantly monitor the Pickup guide to see if you made any edits to your older posts.

51 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

This part of your post would make quite a difference because I keep having to check back and forth on my guide to see if you edited a post or not after having documenting all of your findings. If you want to make a post and do not want to double post, then feel free to hold onto those findings for tomorrow. Separate posts make item documentation a lot easier because I do not have to monitor the guide constantly to see if you edited your post or not. As of yesterday and the day before, I had to constantly monitor the Pickup guide to see if you made any edits to your older posts.

I dont separate anything just because im sure you are going to see it the next day or some hours after the last edit... but i can separate the things if you need to, i dont see the need of doing it since i quote the section im researching myself...

Also, i only take note of the pokemon pick up items i get. Sice thats what the guide is about. And i dont want to be repetitive with the items you obtain in a single place.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Koryuuji
2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

From my end it would take more time for me to save those screenshots for a later post (there are 2 PCs involved), and it could be more prone to mistakes. I'm also very forgetful, so registering things the moment they happen is the best approach for me.

I could use a draft post, this way I update it instantly, but only post it at the end of the day. But a quick look around the editor and I couldn't find a draft functionality here, maybe you know how?

Or if a draft isn't available, I might label my ongoing post as Work In Progress, this way you'll know I'm not done yet with that post, and you may postpone updating the OP's list. I then can change the label to Post Done so you know when it's ready to be updated.

Either of these 2 approaches works for me, what do you think?

On 8/31/2023 at 6:16 PM, Totila said:

Or if a draft isn't available, I might label my ongoing post as Work In Progress, this way you'll know I'm not done yet with that post, and you may postpone updating the OP's list. I then can change the label to Post Done so you know when it's ready to be updated.

Either of these 2 approaches works for me, what do you think?

That sounds like a plan, and thank you for your documentations.

I dont think i see Dragons Den as a location on the list but i could be bugging regardless..
This is what ive found so far at Dragons Den with lure popped surfing in the water (note: i found the super repel with super rod)

Potions: Super Potion

Repels: Super Repel

Balls: Great Ball, Timer Ball

Berries/Seeds: Haban Berry, Rindo Berry

Other: Dragon Scale, Super Lure

Spoiler

image.png

(^fishing with super rod)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

On 1/16/2020 at 9:57 PM, Bestfriends said:

Petalburg Woods:

Potions: Potion

Repels: Repel

Balls: Poke Ball

Berries/Seeds: 

Other: Leaf Stone, Revival Herb, and Miracle Seed

Documentation Credit: Thank you @Icymountain and @Koryuuji for your info.

I have found a plain spicy seed, should i suppose you can get every other plain seed here?

Research progress: Plain Spicy Seed, Plain Dry Seed, Tiny Mushroom.

Edited by Koryuuji
New Items!
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.063d4711933076a8b87d78bf99d4af8d.pngimage.thumb.png.dc6da76f9ab12ce263279e3a96a4528f.pngimage.thumb.png.fb1e1812ed1d05a0a660e029f0527142.pngimage.thumb.png.c19c566bc9fa4ae74addc5f1cf67523b.pngimage.thumb.png.080952206840f75c11506c5df847f257.pngimage.thumb.png.87152abc745750621df9f831347cbdf0.pngimage.thumb.png.b2080c540530b8904fd4a46bbea5dd05.pngimage.thumb.png.f2c5d3e1f2695cab04958cda855a8143.pngimage.thumb.png.1c774da3df434364b507a547bf36d7e1.pngimage.thumb.png.e3d9364fbe8d0f8d64825853af3f7f04.png

Post Done

As far as I can see, on Kanto, Five Island itself lacks an entry on this list. I'll share the items I find here. These were all surfing.

Pearl, Super Potion, Stardust, Poison Barb, Miracle Seed, Great Ball, Super Repel, Potion (player found), Poke Ball (player found), Repel (player found)

Edited by Totila