About the same speed Pokémon in the battle

I think that two Pokémon attack each other at the same speed should receive damage at the same time.

For example, if two dragons are same speed and shooting "Draco Meteor" at the same time, it is reasonable to die together!

Edited by Shawn3K
2 minutes ago, Shawn3K said:

I know, so I proposed random unreasonable

Hmmm for example if just two Hydreigon was left in a duel(and the same Ev&Iv set of speed),This battle will be ended in a draw,as far as i know the battle of Pokemon need to have a winner(So was tournaments),RNG is important during PVP too ngl.

23 minutes ago, Mikyii said:

Hmmm for example if just two Hydreigon was left in a duel(and the same Ev&Iv set of speed),This battle will be ended in a draw,as far as i know the battle of Pokemon need to have a winner(So was tournaments),RNG is important during PVP too ngl.

You are right, and there will be many cases like this. In the last two pokemon, see who caused more damage (calculate the remaining HP, and the random damage of the attack) to calculate who is the winner.Do you think this is more reasonable?

Edited by Shawn3K
1 hour ago, Mikyii said:

In that case the result of a duel will be the same as the random of who attack first I guess(Lucky boi win) :D

no no no ,It’s very different. First of all, who heep the more HP is the key, and Choose the time when to die with the opponent's same speed Pokémon.

Random speed, one die, one live This is very unfair.It seems that you are a rookie.

Edited by Shawn3K
1 hour ago, Shawn3K said:

no no no ,It’s very different. First of all, who heep the more HP is the key, and Choose the time when to die with the opponent's same speed Pokémon.

Random speed, one die, one live This is very unfair.It seems that you are a rookie.

I do understand what you say.means that after that round even if one of the pokemon can live but still with a not healthy HP instead of full HP right

5 minutes ago, Mikyii said:

I do understand what you say.means that after that round even if one of the pokemon can live but still with a not healthy HP instead of full HP right

Not completely, in the final calculation of damage, whoever has more HP can resist more damage can be judged to win, but it does not matter, this game is random, random shiny Pokémon, random PVP, random luck, random everthing.

2 hours ago, Shawn3K said:

this game is random, random shiny Pokémon, random PVP, random luck, random everthing.

Well you see, it was like this in the base games. Pokemon has RNG as a key factor & a lot of games do. If you don't like it go play something else.

Edited by FameCreator
14 hours ago, FameCreator said:

First up, wrong section. You are suggesting something here use the suggestion box section. Next up, this would completely change the PvP meta & this is not how the original Pokemon battles work. So, they won't change it.

Discussion has a wide range of implications, including suggestions. As for whether I should go to the suggestion box to formally make suggestions to the official, or just as a topic for everyone to discuss, that is my choice.Thank you.

And I'm talking about whether it is reasonable, not suggesting, pay attention to understanding. But this may be my poor English issue.  c:

Edited by zu19133
14 hours ago, FameCreator said:

Well you see, it was like this in the base games. Pokemon has RNG as a key factor & a lot of games do. If you don't like it go play something else.

Otherwise, according to your logic, the suggestion does not belong to the discussion, then you should not suggest me to play other games in this section. c:

But communicating with you is still very valuable. You have improved my English a little bit.Thank you.

3 hours ago, zu19133 said:

Discussion has a wide range of implications, including suggestions. As for whether I should go to the suggestion box to formally make suggestions to the official, or just as a topic for everyone to discuss, that is my choice.Thank you.

And I'm talking about whether it is reasonable, not suggesting, pay attention to understanding. But this may be my poor English issue.  c:

Hello, I don't want to argue. You have a response from a SGM, that's all I said "It's not going to get implemented". 

Sorry if what I meant turned out rude, my bad.

21 minutes ago, FameCreator said:

Hello, I don't want to argue. You have a response from a SGM, that's all I said "It's not going to get implemented". 

Sorry if what I meant turned out rude, my bad.

It's okay, and thank you for your reply. But even if you want to argue,it's easy for me. c:

PS: So SGM gave me a reply here, and did not necessarily ask me to go to the suggestion box, and the difference from you may be that you are not SGM. Have a good day ! C:

Edited by zu19133
10 hours ago, Rache said:

Speed ties work this way because it's how they were in the original games. Unless it changes in a future generation, we won't be altering this mechanic here. It would have a very large and unnecessary impact on the competitive scene, completely changing the way people play in these situations.

I'll add on this to say that pokemon moves are very much designed with the speed ties in mind. Many moves simply can't exist when simultaneous turns are possible. Some examples:

- Sleeping moves. If Pokemon speed tie, what happens when one mon uses a sleep move?

- Substitute, when does the damage happen when pokemon move simultaneously? The damage has to either come before or after, it can't be in the same moment as Substitute.

- VoltTurn, applies for both switching moves. When mons move simultaneously, how do you determine which pokemon gets damaged?

- Explosion/Memento etc vs moves  that need a target to take effect (like Defog). If you want to defog away hazards, but you speed tie with an exploding mon. Do you manage to defog? Technically there wouldn't be a target.

These are just some examples, but there are many more cases where Pokemon only works when there is a first move and a second move. 

• Lin locked this topic