[Official] Friday Night Fifties (Monthly: Feb)

Strych

[quote name='DoctorPBC' timestamp='1361342756' post='204601']
dissapointed at the lack of time given for people like myself to book work off. Im gonna try but doubt I can make this one either.

Sad
[/quote]

Does somewhat suck. I work 2:30pm to 2am and have zero chance of being able to sign up for this one. And I primarily only compete in this and the 100s tourny. Oh well. Missing one won't kill me.

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1361345828' post='204614']
Does somewhat suck. I work 2:30pm to 2am and have zero chance of being able to sign up for this one. And I primarily only compete in this and the 100s tourny. Oh well. Missing one won't kill me.
[/quote]

I work every friday from 3:45 to 1:15 EST =(. I have missed everyone because I work Wednesdays and Sundays too.

[quote name='DarkPlague2863' timestamp='1361364563' post='204706']
This 5:10 PM EST sign-ups and sign-ins aren't going to become the new standard are they? Because it's a joke, and a bad one at that. Stop making us have other people sign in for us because we're employed please.
[/quote]
No. We had to work around the times when an SGM is available for this particular event.

[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1361365658' post='204716']
Wait...Whirlpool...? We have Whirlpool available?

Also if time is such an issue why not ban Calm Mind and other Set ups, along with Tanks? Make it a Sweeper Tourney
[/quote]
I'll add to that, maybe a minimum base speed.

[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1361365658' post='204716']
Wait...Whirlpool...? We have Whirlpool available?

Also if time is such an issue why not ban Calm Mind and other Set ups, along with Tanks? Make it a Sweeper Tourney
[/quote]

I really hate banning competitive moves like that. That's like banning units in an RTS, it's not like there isn't a counter to them. Whirlpool/Fire Spin/Sand Tomb were also banned because we identified a bug with them which could cause an unfair advantage.

[quote name='Omen' timestamp='1361333730' post='204510']
InB4 people start demanding 128 person tournaments because they weren't part of the first 64.
[/quote]

not gonna happen, last time we barely had 32 people come on the 64 man tournament.

It's fine for this tourney, but would it make more sense to have the registration occur in the evening? I have a class on Thursdays from 2:30pm - 7:00pm, and I'm sure many people have commitments on a weekday afternoon.

Just a polite suggestion, that I would prefer to see a registration occur in the evening.

Edit: Made this post thinking only of American times, of course it is difficult to schedule a global event conveniently for everybody

[quote name='Duragi' timestamp='1361397883' post='205258']
Question: Do we have to keep the same teams every round, or can we switch a pokemon here and there?
[/quote]

We've never been restricted on switching pokemon between rounds in these tournaments, so I'm going to guess the answer is we can switch.