More Colorable Vanities

Aidenjc

Question

Hey all, the capes that came out are a very cool design but I am just not a fan of the colors. I was just wondering is there a reason anyone knows why they would not make them colorable? I will say they are a larger vanity and maybe putting more than two options could take lots of time, but I think tons more players would end up buying limited vanities if they could choose the color they wanted. Let me know and hope to see more in the future!

2 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Aidenjc said:

Hey all, the capes that came out are a very cool design but I am just not a fan of the colors. I was just wondering is there a reason anyone knows why they would not make them colorable? I will say they are a larger vanity and maybe putting more than two options could take lots of time, but I think tons more players would end up buying limited vanities if they could choose the color they wanted. Let me know and hope to see more in the future!

Well aside from wanting some sort of 'standard of quality' with the colors of the design (which is the primary reason some items are not made colorable), many limited vanities use special layering such as the 'night' layer, which parts of them able to glow - something which is true of the recent capes/hats.

Due to its darker nature, the color black does not fare well with being allowed to be 'glow-able', as you can see here:

image.png.c36a40e33ac780f76fab3131409f10ba.png

and this is another reason we don't allow any parts of an item which glow to be colorable.

52 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Well aside from wanting some sort of 'standard of quality' with the colors of the design (which is the primary reason some items are not made colorable), many limited vanities use special layering such as the 'night' layer, which parts of them able to glow - something which is true of the recent capes/hats.

Due to its darker nature, the color black does not fare well with being allowed to be 'glow-able', as you can see here:

image.png.c36a40e33ac780f76fab3131409f10ba.png

and this is another reason we don't allow any parts of an item which glow to be colorable.

I see and had no idea about this thanks for the response Darkshade!