moded nintendo switch with android vs getting a ban

That is a good question. I am now also curious about getting a ban from playing on android os on Nintendo switch. If that is the case, what's the ruling on bluestacks (Android emulator) on PC. I think bluestacks would get noticed before a Nintendo switch running Android os. I have two switches that run android and I always thought about installing the pokemmo app to them, without the thought of being banned. If there is a chance of ban, I'm glad that I haven't done so yet. I don't think the pokemmo apk is exploitable without root and a server mod program running in the background. Any apk mods would get snuffed out once you connect to the mmo servers, which is required to play anyways. I would like an answer before installing to any of my Nintendo switches though. I wouldn't login to my account without knowing first. I put too much into it to get banned by not cheating.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Alright so I cloned my PokeMMO android app to play two instances of the game at the same time on my main account and secondary account to be more efficient with my time. I work a lot and don't get to put much into it anymore. I logged into my main account on the cloned app and after five minutes received a three day ban. I really wish I was smart enough to use my secondary account on it, but if I forget or try a different work around and ultimately lose my main account I will never touch this game again. I don't play the mainstream titles anymore, this is Pokemon to me now. I put way too much into it to start over. I wasn't trying to cheat or using any bots/engines/menus, just trying to be more efficient by running them side by side without having to pull out a new system.

Thanks "Rengaret" for the information, I think they believe having a secondary account means we're trying to sell them in their eyes. In reality I just want to get more farming done, but I appreciate knowing not to even attempt it on my Switch now. Like I said that was gonna be my next attempt, as I would've had that alongside my phone or PC and now I'm obviously not going to. I was gonna also emulate Android on my PC and try that as well (good thing I didn't). I wish they had better checks and didn't crack down on people who aren't actually cheating. I mean they tell us to make a secondary account for evolution trading just so we don't have to bother the mods for it if we don't trust people.

So if anybody is going to take from this post:

Do NOT run PokeMMO on Android over another system that Android is not the primary OS of (Nintendo Switch/PC), and do NOT run two instances of PokeMMO on any system using a cloned apk/app/desktop window.Screenshot_20230828_024941_MultipleAccounts.thumb.jpg.bd5a1b2035adf47dfae92cc4cc3e315e.jpgScreenshot_20230828_031155_PokeMMO.thumb.jpg.df20d47585339de866c20f1e44020da6.jpg

Complaining about a Ban for using 2 apps at once, hahahah amazing, Nowadays people use all kinds of cheats in online games and on top of that they consider it normal. 

And  he gets angry hahah. Dude ur fking cheating come on

Missed the times when using a simple rapid fire or a macro leads to a permanent ban in any game

Going off of the list here:

http://pokemmo.com/code_of_conduct/

I see the rule against VMware and Bluestacks (Android emulator). I do not see any rule against running Android OS on a Nintendo Switch, it is still stock OS as long as they aren't running "jailbroken" apps like Magisk alongside it. Nor do I see a rule against running two of the same app alongside eachother as long as neither is through an app that changes/reads/writes code. I wasn't angry (a little upset that I have to wait three days to play again), but I continued this thread to warn others now that we did hit ban for NOT breaking the WRITTEN rules. Plus there is plenty of people with alt accounts running alongside each other on two systems, I don't see why running them on the same system is worse, when they tell us to start an alternative account themselves. You laugh but for people who only have a non-jailbroken iPhone and don't have a PC, a jailbroken switch mightve been their only way to play. Also others might attempt to use their alt account the same way I did leading to a ban. So I'm just here to warn others, considering as how their rules don't mention either of these situations. Maybe you could use another read through their rules as this is my third. 

21 hours ago, razimove said:

this is their check, no dual clients, read rules properly

Can you highlight the part that says no dual clients? I see no VMware/emulators and no third party software that intercepts information. I don't see anything about running two of the same app on a single system instead of two separate systems like everybody else, or any rule against running it on stock Android OS on a system that normally uses a different OS. If you could point those out to me it would be greatly appreciated. I still don't know how/why their checks would ban rengaret unless there was more info he's not sharing, like installing jailbroken apps. I'm still tempted to run my alt account on a stock Android OS Nintendo Switch to test for myself.

33 minutes ago, dkotu said:

Can you highlight the part that says no dual clients? I see no VMware/emulators and no third party software that intercepts information. I don't see anything about running two of the same app on a single system instead of two separate systems like everybody else, or any rule against running it on stock Android OS on a system that normally uses a different OS. If you could point those out to me it would be greatly appreciated. I still don't know how/why their checks would ban rengaret unless there was more info he's not sharing, like installing jailbroken apps. I'm still tempted to run my alt account on a stock Android OS Nintendo Switch to test for myself.

Is considered Client Tampering:

• Running 2 or more instances of PokéMMO at same time on same device
  • Running a instance of MMO not designed for that device(Example: Running IOS on Linux, Android on PC, PC on Android).

• Elizn locked this topic
  • Elizn unlocked this topic

Client tampering? I wasn't changing anything to do with the client/application at all, just running it. I could see if somehow running a second instance changed the code, but it doesn't. Nor does running the program on an OS that it was intended to be run on. Makes no sense.

14 minutes ago, dkotu said:

Client tampering? I wasn't changing anything to do with the client/application at all, just running it. I could see if somehow running a second instance changed the code, but it doesn't. Nor does running the program on an OS that it was intended to be run on. Makes no sense.

I once got a 3 day ban for "client tampering" when I swapped from my laptop with a running vpn for Netflix to my PC with out vpn. Never understood why they called it that way. I just assumed they thought I was account sharing because for the system it had to look like I was jumping between countries (laptop vpn was in Germany and my desktop in Spain). 

5 hours ago, dkotu said:

Dude.. Are you OK?

You can't duplicate the client, it's like cheating... It's common sense, it's something so basic and common in any online game, you can't do that.

No I understand not to do it again and everything. I just don't get why it's a problem, but powering on a second system and playing on both side by side isn't? It's accomplishing the same thing so why crack down on one and not the other? Why would this method get a ban if it's completely alright to do the same thing in a different way?

Edited by dkotu
2 hours ago, dkotu said:

No I understand not to do it again and everything. I just don't get why it's a problem, but powering on a second system and playing on both side by side isn't? It's accomplishing the same thing so why crack down on one and not the other? Why would this method get a ban if it's completely alright to do the same thing in a different way?

You are also not allowed to play on two separate devices

23 minutes ago, cmantheninja said:

I mean at the same time

you still can.

The rule are:

• Having one account - Allowed
  • Having multiple accounts - Allowed
  • Having more than one device with same account - Allowed
  • Having multiple accounts on same device - Allowed
  • Having multiple accounts running at same time on one device - Not allowed
  • Having one account running at same time on multiple devices - Not allowed
  • Having multiple accounts running at same time on multiple devices - Tolerable, you can go with this, but not abusing it, like... Running 5+ alts and dedicate all to shinyhunt.
  • Having a device running MMO with rigged buttons - Not allowed

23 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

I once got a 3 day ban for "client tampering" when I swapped from my laptop with a running vpn for Netflix to my PC with out vpn. Never understood why they called it that way. I just assumed they thought I was account sharing because for the system it had to look like I was jumping between countries (laptop vpn was in Germany and my desktop in Spain). 

You have waited before the login? or like, was using your VPN'ed Laptop and swapped to a PC with like, 30 minutes? If yes, then there is a reason why is considered client tampering: You cannot travel too fast from Germany to Spain, is impossible to a human go that fast, so they wrongly assumed that you shared account with a people on Germany.

Edited by caioxlive13
2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:
  • Having multiple accounts running at same time on multiple devices - Tolerable, you can go with this, but not abusing it, like... Running 5+ alts and dedicate all to shinyhunt.

This is a gray line because they don't want players doing it. PERIOD. The only reason it is a gray line is because it is hard to prove. If you do decide to do this and they have reason to believe you did this you will be banned. Then you get to complain that you did nothing wrong and get mad at the devs

9 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

you still can.

The rule are:

• Having one account - Allowed
  • Having multiple accounts - Allowed
  • Having more than one device with same account - Allowed
  • Having multiple accounts on same device - Allowed
  • Having multiple accounts running at same time on one device - Not allowed
  • Having one account running at same time on multiple devices - Not allowed
  • Having a device running MMO with rigged buttons - Not allowed

You have waited before the login? or like, was using your VPN'ed Laptop and swapped to a PC with like, 30 minutes? If yes, then there is a reason why is considered client tampering: You cannot travel too fast from Germany to Spain, is impossible to a human go that fast, so they wrongly assumed that you shared account with a people on Germany.

Yeah ik why they banned me, I just don't know why they called it account tempering. 

But the ban was so fast it was an automated system banning me. 

I didn't even waited 30 mins, it was more like 1 min. 

Will it got banned if any player run different account on different client on the same device?

On the PC, Pokemmo client does not has anything to prevent multiple instances.

So how ridiculous it is when someone gets banned for this and the reason is "client tampering".

6 hours ago, MaskJhin said:

Will it got banned if any player run different account on different client on the same device?

On the PC, Pokemmo client does not has anything to prevent multiple instances.

So how ridiculous it is when someone gets banned for this and the reason is "client tampering".

You're lying, on PC it has, if you open a second window of PokeMMO, it will tell you "An user is logged in", so no, you can't log into 2 accounts at the same time.

20 hours ago, cmantheninja said:

This is a gray line because they don't want players doing it. PERIOD. The only reason it is a gray line is because it is hard to prove. If you do decide to do this and they have reason to believe you did this you will be banned. Then you get to complain that you did nothing wrong and get mad at the devs

Max limit I've read before they'd investigate it's 5~, but still it's not feasible to play that many, at most I have done 3 and it takes too much attention, so 1 or 2 it's the sweet spot.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:44 AM, dkotu said:

There's no issue with having your phone logged into an account and your computer with another, or even when using 2 phones.

Issue is on the same device having 2 clients active.

You broke like 2 rules, not running PokeMMO on native OS (Android on Switch), and used 2 clients on the same device and even screenshot them yourself for proof.

Learn the ToS next time bud instead of just accepting them ASAP