Option to block “Reactions” on our content from ignored users

Zuladra

Question

Once logged into the forum, the user can ignore the following content from another user:

- Mentions

- Signature

I would also like to have the ability to block "reactions" to have peace of mind when using the forum.

Being able to choose who a player doesn't want to interact with seems fair.

Thank you

Edited by Zuladra

5 answers to this question

Disrespectful behavior has immediate consequences in real life. Not on the internet where there is a sense of anonymity. As a result, some people find a courage they don't have in real life and jump at every opportunity to put others down.

Having the ability to stop unwanted interactions from another player is possible in-game. I don't understand why it's not the case on the forum too?

We do not know the tragedies that the people we meet have to face. Is it so hard to be nice to each other? I still do not understand!

The forum is public and the reactions are public. Every person can register now and send you a reaction. Though I appreciate your concern. 

In my personal opinion when I got a reaction I didn't like it helped me to figure that what I said needed to be reviewed. It helped me grow. The critics online are strong, I suggest you too take it in account before write a post

Some people are just toxic. That's why they have the option to block / ignore in the game as well. So it would be a good addition to the forums.

But unlike game chat which gets lost over time all forum discussion is public and reducing visibility for users is going to be challenging. Also TOC apply and if someone gets extremely mean to you intentionally you can report them to the staff team and they will take care of it accordingly.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:57 AM, MightyMichele said:

The critics online are strong, I suggest you too take it in account before write a post

Yes, criticism is healthy and allows us to redefine an idea. However the message should be criticized, not the messenger. Otherwise it's just a personal attack that benefits no one.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:42 AM, Akshit said:

But unlike game chat which gets lost over time all forum discussion is public and reducing visibility for users is going to be challenging.

This is a very good point and I must say that I have no better solution to offer. Having the ability to hide reactions when we log into our session could be a solution.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:42 AM, Akshit said:

Also TOC apply and if someone gets extremely mean to you intentionally you can report them to the staff team and they will take care of it accordingly.

Yes, I wanted to find a way to protect ourselves from unwanted attention with simple tools.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks guys.

Edited by Zuladra