Legendary Rework

Pedrobr5067

Question

Good afternoon, firstly I never liked how this mechanic of legendary pokémons was added to pokémmo, so I propose a solution to this problem.

Number 1: 

allowing each player to catch their own legendary pokemon, eliminating the fact that they are unique and allowing them to remain on the PC like regular pokemons, and removing the need to battle all the time to keep the legendary pokemon. However, players who have legendary pokemons in their team will not be able to fight with other trainers, unless they have legendary pokemons, and if a player is friends with another player, they will be able to fight each other, even if the other player does not have legendary pokemons, but that would only be possible through an option that allows this, otherwise the friend of the other player who has legendary pokemons would be subject to the same conditions as players who are not his friends.

Number 2:

Legendary Pokémon would not be allowed to enter tournaments nor would they be traded or sold in the GTL

Number 3: the legendary pokémons would be readjusted to come with ALL the perfect Ivs, and the legendary pokémons that can breed could only do this once, if the player loses the legendary pokémon that came from a legendary pokémon reproduction, he will be able to breed the legendary pokémon again.

Well, that's what I think greatly improves pokémmo in relation to legendary pokémons.

5 answers to this question

no ty

Number 4: Make Legendary Pokemon be rare wild encounters (1/100,000+?)

Number 5: Make the player do a quest/event similar to how Shaymin was introduced

The developers are handling Legendary Pokemon just fine IMO

20 hours ago, Jossy said:

Rather than improve, it would ruin the pokemmo as it is, the mechanics of the legendary ones are fine

I didn't quite understand how it would spoil, I think it would be cool for each player to be able to capture the same legendary, just like in the original games, and I also mentioned restrictions above so as not to spoil the PVP or the game market.

I agree because I've found myself completing the story and being a bit underwhelmed by how they implemented legendaries. Rayquaza is still on the top of sky pillar saying "this function is not yet implemented" seemingly for years. The king-of-the-hill style PVP game which is made out of rayquaza is cool despite its flaws, but the game feels a bit unpolished when storyline functions operate like this. They could at least make a boss battle like the Giratina fight, or make it catchable but untradable and unusable in battle only as a collection piece. I've also felt this way about finishing the Heatran quest just for there to be nothing in the room. It's not like I expected to be able to own and keep a legendary to use in PVP or anything like that, just to at least not be confused as to why it's completely empty at the end of Stark Mountain. Overall, while I agree that the king-of-the-hill style PVP game for the four legendaries adds more replayability than just being able to catch the legendaries, I think they could at least implement the storyline legendaries in more fulfilling ways.

Edited by drakesstepson