[QoL] Reforming the Secret Bases

caioxlive13

Question

The suggestion is very simple, and are add a feature that allows people to let their secret base as a public zone.

I will explain:
1. How Secret Bases work right now?
The bases works as a extra space to people go and play. They can also be used by team to host tours or train privately. The main difficult is: If a people is not in your friend list, is not a staff member, and are not in same team than you, it can't acess your base. The problem is there is no way to turn around it and this makes impossible to host big events or wars inside one, forcing us to some bad place(Bad due to Bad location to acess, Shape not helping and/or be too small) or the overpopulated Vermilion.

2. What is the idea?
The idea is to all bases have attached together a shareid. And together with the ID will have a password setting option to the acess to your base:  Open // Restricted . This config would be acessible via Secret Base's PC

If is set to restricted, the id will be useless and only people said before could acess your base. This is for the bases the team wants to remain closed, to be used only by them.
If they're setting to be Open, then the things start working: If someone go to the location of your base, and use the ID fixed and Password you set, they get acess to your base. 

3. What are the goal of this suggestion?
For grand tournaments like the Super League, and the World Cup, they would not use this because the hosts's characters are with their a... Foots glued on Kanto region, most vermilion.
But for medium tournaments, they could use the place to host some tours. Also this can promote tournaments with people able to have a Home venue.
Bar100Trashtalk-WorkInProgress.thumb.png.f52926ec6d0e3b6f37bd119ddd78cf02.png
For example, i had this base here, i'd like a lot to offer him to host the Grand Slam, VGC seasonal, Weekly LC, and others individual tournaments.

(Side note: this image is edited to fit all base in one single photo.)

4. Any additional Idea?
Yes: Add a item that could be buyed by 50rp/unit. The item would allow people to expand their base in 20 squares per item and allow 2 extra decorations. Then, it would be linked on the secret base PC and will be consequently given back if you pack up the base.  If this feature gets added, then people could prepare their secret base and make it avaliable for the Team Tournament, and Seasonal, to be held there, promoting rotativety on the Hosting venue. This would give to Developers a break onto the pressure to a better place to the TT be held.

Also, add a "Portable Pokemon Storage" decoration that could be placed anywhere(doesn't counts as a decoration on the 24 decoration limit, has to be placed onto a table) that any people could use to acess a pseudo-Pokémon Center PC.

Edited by caioxlive13
Image linked bugged so i had to upload manually the Image.

10 answers to this question

I think i didn't explained well how the Publicity of the Secret bases would work.
I will explain it better:

When acessing your Secret Base's PC, there will be a extra option before the "Quit" button to quit PC.
This option can be called Base Settings.

When clicking, you'll have the Config Interface, simmilar to the default settings Interface.
The options that would appear is: 

• Privacy

Settings for your base's privacy.
    There you'll have on Top, your ID from 07 numbers, and will be a fixed number.
    Below we would have a Box selection from the Acess list: Closed, Restricted and Open. Restricted would be toggled by default.
    • Closed: You will be able to set exactly who can enter your base. Even friends/teammates could not be able to enter if they aren't on allowlist. Only people able to bypass this is staff members. This is useful for bigger teams like Lava, SIA, Optic, that have a lot of players competing on big leagues like the PokéMMO Super League. Basically with this, they can effectively block a friend to acess their base, useful when that friend is on opposing team of competition, and with this avoid being scouted. 
    • Restricted: This would be what we have today. Only friends, teammates and staffs could be entering your base. This is for teams train privately, for a War or for the Team Tournament.
    • Open: When this option is enabled, people with a password set by you, and the ID of your base, can acess your base without almost any restriction. I'll cover that later.
    • Password: This would be a small box only clickable after you set the Privacy from your base to Open. You set a password with 3-15 digits, numbers of letters. 
      If people has this password and the ID, they can go on your base.

• Blocklist Settings

This is to you set who cannot acess your base through the password method. Keep in mind that they could still access if a staff TP him to the base, this is relevant to bases who will offer for TT hostage if this suggestion gets applied.
    This works exactly like a Block, you can block a people with a reason and then it can't acess the base. As it works like a block, this also means that staff cannot be blocked to enter in base.

• Admin Settings

This is to you give permissions to people of your base. Those permissions can only be edited by you.
    The perks you can give would be: Base Editing and Blocklist Settings. Any perk can be revoked by the owner only.
    • Base Editing: People with this perk is able to edit your secret base's layout. They are limited for the decorations you have. 
    • Blocklist Settings: It gives acess to Blocklist Settings and let Admins block people. They can't unblock who the Owner blocked.

I've always thought that secret bases had a lot of potential and that the staff never exploited them well, but it's important to understand if the staff didn't do it due to lack of time or because modifying a feature like this is impossible or simply disastrous (for regarding bugs and glitches that will come) for the game

On 8/5/2023 at 11:39 PM, druido890 said:

I've always thought that secret bases had a lot of potential and that the staff never exploited them well, but it's important to understand if the staff didn't do it due to lack of time or because modifying a feature like this is impossible or simply disastrous (for regarding bugs and glitches that will come) for the game

It's not impossible but it's a feature that will take some time to develop. However, since devs can't add any new region for now due to the next be Kalos(self-explanatory, program a 3d map on a 2d game is not something that will take small time, i think 5 years at least.) they can focus on some quality of life improvements.

Will be glitched as f*** when they release? Of course, 100%. But we can report the glitches and with time they get fixed. They have done a lot of progress allowing friends to be there, the most difficult feature that are allow multiple players is done.

Edited by caioxlive13

Well, i was thinking, some decorations for the Secret base could also be added with this Rework:
 - A Trophy Statue, that would have decoractive purposes. 

- A Trapdoor, to use connected to some Desk. It blocks the way to go, like the desks do, but if the owner interacted, it opens, making them able to pass.

Also, a option could be added to Privacy Settings:
 Offline Basement Loader: If toggled on: People can acess your base anytime. If toggled off: People can only acess your base if you're online.

Johto is finally there, admins are burned out due to the events they need to develop in 4 months.

However after this, on April-May 2024 the feature can be thinked about. Kalos is impossible for now due to it be 3ds map, and devs won't add by hack rom(because this would force them to give the rom needed and this could give a reason to mrs. Nintendo shut down PokéMMO.), so now we need to think about QoL features

Edited by caioxlive13

although the idea of improving the secret base is very important to me, however I must say that it would be better for the staff to concentrate their efforts on the development of dungeons for pve content

in any case I reiterate that it is a nice idea and I really like the idea of implementing new supplies and enlarging the area

On 9/21/2023 at 12:03 AM, druido890 said:

although the idea of improving the secret base is very important to me, however I must say that it would be better for the staff to concentrate their efforts on the development of dungeons for pve content

in any case I reiterate that it is a nice idea and I really like the idea of implementing new supplies and enlarging the area

Like i sayed, this is a feature that staff can think about, due to be impossible for now a new region. Dungeons are also a feature of that type, but honestly at this point Dungeons maybe gets discarded, because the whole idea of dungeons was to release non-ubers legendarys, and devs found other ways to release them(events and roaming legends.)

To me, personally, it seems like a very good idea to improve the secret bases, and yes, it seems to me that they did not use them very well. I like secret bases, since it gives you a place for yourself and for friends, and that, that is, your own house in which you can socialize with your friends, and thus talk with the normal chat, without whispers.

But, if the idea is very good, I hope they improve it in the future.

Hello, caioxlive13

It is important that admins are also interested in improving the player's quality of life in the game, this idea is very good. I vote in favor, just like this idea there are other smaller ones, I think if they dedicated time to these smaller things (taking as an example the implementation of johto as something big) the game would be more enjoyable.

Regards.

3 hours ago, SrRodriguez said:

Hello, caioxlive13

It is important that admins are also interested in improving the player's quality of life in the game, this idea is very good. I vote in favor, just like this idea there are other smaller ones, I think if they dedicated time to these smaller things (taking as an example the implementation of johto as something big) the game would be more enjoyable.

Regards.

Yea, and now devs have that time avaliable to dedicate to smaller things. Again, johto's develop ended and any change resumes in bug fixes, dungeons at this point will be discarded, and kalos is impossible for now. They can implement non-official formats. They can improve secret bases. They can program Sinnoh Battle Frontier. They can do the small features and they have the time to do that, not now due to overflow of events, but on mid-2024.

Edited by caioxlive13