Breeding with OT

Hello.

I would like to breed some alphas to have my OT (without any *)

I thought that for it to maintain my OT I have to own female of a species.

But I checked my pair of alphas with a breeder (didnt bred yet) and he shows that I will get my own OT even though I own my OT male and bought female.

Can anyone explain to me how do I breed pokemon to keep my OT - both normal and alpas (shinies are obsolete for me to be honest, since I play for 1,5 year and got no shiny yet)

I would highly appreciate easy explanation, I think best with all possible pairings and outcomes. THANKS!

6 minutes ago, TrueDemonology said:

Hello.

I would like to breed some alphas to have my OT (without any *)

I thought that for it to maintain my OT I have to own female of a species.

But I checked my pair of alphas with a breeder (didnt bred yet) and he shows that I will get my own OT even though I own my OT male and bought female.

Can anyone explain to me how do I breed pokemon to keep my OT - both normal and alpas (shinies are obsolete for me to be honest, since I play for 1,5 year and got no shiny yet)

I would highly appreciate easy explanation, I think best with all possible pairings and outcomes. THANKS!

the OT* thing is very dangerous for shinies especially cause once you egg hunt and get an OT* shiny and you try to breed it for IVs it turns to UnknownOT

the solution is you have to catch the pokemon you're gonna breed , you should have it as a caught entry in your pokedex with green color

Green : Caught
Blue : Owned (by a trade or bought)

no color : seen

so if you're getting the OT* on your pokemons , that means the pokemon you bred Isn't caught by you in the wild before

11 minutes ago, hamizoss said:

so if you're getting the OT* on your pokemons , that means the pokemon you bred Isn't caught by you in the wild before

What I understand is that if I caught a pokemon (green in my pokedex) I can breed two pokemon that I bought through trade (none has my OT) and it will show my OT?

On 1/2/2024 at 6:25 PM, TrueDemonology said:

What I understand is that if I caught a pokemon (green in my pokedex) I can breed two pokemon that I bought through trade (none has my OT) and it will show my OT?

yeah , except if It's a shiny , it shows UnknownOT

10 hours ago, hamizoss said:

It's not a bug , you probably didn't catch any OT bulbasaur before you start this egg hunt , it should be a caught dex entry to avoid the OT*

And then the whole “if you breed it it becomes Unknown OT” part isn’t a bug either because you get that when the species giver isn’t your caught OT, which is exactly what happens with OT*

2 minutes ago, Doctor said:

And then the whole “if you breed it it becomes Unknown OT” part isn’t a bug either because you get that when the species giver isn’t your caught OT, which is exactly what happens with OT*

yeah and also this ^ , its supposed to be UnknownOT if you don't have it caught on ur dex , that happened with a player before been grinding for a shiny rotom and when i asked him to link it when we were in daycare i was like "dude thats UnknownOT , release"

dude was about to lose his mind cause he didnt know that it turned to UnknownOT until i told him , he said that he went grinding so hard for it and end up like that

21 hours ago, hamizoss said:

yeah and also this ^ , its supposed to be UnknownOT if you don't have it caught on ur dex , that happened with a player before been grinding for a shiny rotom and when i asked him to link it when we were in daycare i was like "dude thats UnknownOT , release"

dude was about to lose his mind cause he didnt know that it turned to UnknownOT until i told him , he said that he went grinding so hard for it and end up like that

UNKNOWN OT shiny loss was a different thing.... buying shinies and using name change mechanic to "VISUALLY" change the OT of the shiny

On 1/4/2024 at 8:47 AM, hamizoss said:

It's not a bug , you probably didn't catch any OT bulbasaur before you start this egg hunt , it should be a caught dex entry to avoid the OT*

Random hatch btw, i buy "nice iv" pokemon and just breed for fun

On 1/5/2024 at 8:27 PM, Exodos said:

Random hatch btw, i buy "nice iv" pokemon and just breed for fun

A prime case of why to make sure your ot dex is done before doing things like this. Will use this as an example for others, ty