Surf Cosmetics

Espaahhh

Question

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I wanted to bring up something that has been on my mind and, surprisingly, I haven't seen much discussion about it here.

One of the aspects I absolutely love about Pokemmo is the diverse range of cosmetics available. While there are some fantastic bike cosmetics, I couldn't help but notice the absence of a surf cosmetic.

Considering we've had the awesome experience of riding Lapras as a mount, I can't help but think surf cosmetics would be a fantastic addition to the game.

I believe this could be a great opportunity for both players and server funding. I can't be the only one who envisions surfing in style.

Let's not miss out on this potential addition that could enhance our gameplay experience and contribute to the overall creativity of Pokemmo.

All credit for the art goes to JynxedOnes.

Cheers,

Espaahhh

image.png.b3be54ab9be0990d99f1c8d961597eba.pngimage.png.070f51cc0aa2279ad82311c34896616c.pngimage.png.8bdc9738ed0f4eebcd29cc2b5c524a41.pngimage.png.26d53a14ef03f4d20b4b6dbd7e544368.pngimage.png.5896ebeb1fa3a0f1921e0959e3b9fe8a.pngimage.png.b56f09ad789b150e1097a3474126b03d.pngimage.png.95b05755332c166ca4bfefefc4842fae.png

image.png

Edited by Espaahhh

5 answers to this question

I would love to see this happen, BUT

Having pokemon mounts (either surf or ground) will never happen because they cannot distribute art featuring pokemons or any other copyrighted graphics. They must either use the graphics in the ROM or distribute their own original art.

Also, the default surf model in NDS regions is a 3D model and not a sprite. So adding surf mount requires to somehow manage this problem (either distribute 3d model or adapt 2d sprite into the 3d world).

Edited by Bitdrifter
typo
7 hours ago, Bitdrifter said:

Having pokemon mounts (either surf or ground) will never happen because they cannot distribute art featuring pokemons

If they make their own mount art isn't that fine ? There are already many vanities "featuring pokemons", is there a difference between that and showing a pokemon mount ? 

Cool suggestion though 

17 hours ago, Poufilou said:

If they make their own mount art isn't that fine ? There are already many vanities "featuring pokemons", is there a difference between that and showing a pokemon mount ? 

Pokemon names and design are the intellectual property of Nintendo even if you draw them yourself. There are vanities in the game that are heavily inspired by pokemon but I believe they're different/original enough to get away with it.