PokeMMO Video Contest Winners

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365018245' post='263838']
[img]http://media.tumblr.com/3aa531f2d37a6fbf141c2936b0e1ab91/tumblr_inline_mjkw9sQHdX1qz4rgp.jpg[/img]

What would be the motivation of a professional to do such a thing? Charity? That's not how the world works. If they expect quality, if they expect something decent to promote their product, they need to pay. And they had 2 options, either try to motivate the community to come up with something, or pay a professional, which would end up being a lot more expensive. If they have some money to spare for this, and want to give a bigger prize for those that did a good job, then why not? On top of this, I think that having the community do this is bonus points for them, since people can actually get involved without being part of the staff. And a lot of people ask in here too, "how can I help", well this was your chance, and you got cool prizes for it too.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a reason why 2nd and 3rd prizes are shinies too. I don't think I should say what it is though, but if I'm correct, you guys will find out soon enough, and so will I.
[/quote]

My motivation is to build the game's community because it has given back to me so much. The shiny is a bonus. You deserve it but I don't get motivated by stuff like shinies.

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1365018681' post='263852']
My motivation is to build the game's community because it has given back to me so much. The shiny is a bonus. You deserve it but I don't get motivated by stuff like shinies.
[/quote]

I don't think you understand.

The shiny and prize money is just extra motivation. This is the 2nd time I run, last time there was no prize money, and I still ran.

I probably would too, if the prize was a fixed shiny, like it is on some tournaments. However, with such good prizes on the line, it boosts me to do something even better, to waste those extra hours that I wouldn't if, for instance, it was something simpler. I'd go "it's just a shiny X, I guess it looks fine how it is, let's throw it in there and not care anymore".

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365018904' post='263861']
I don't think you understand.

The shiny and prize money is just extra motivation. This is the 2nd time I run, last time there was no prize money, and I still ran.

I probably would too, if the prize was a fixed shiny, like it is on some tournaments. However, with such good prizes on the line, it boosts me to do something even better, to waste those extra hours that I wouldn't if, for instance, it was something simpler. I'd go "it's just a shiny X, I guess it looks fine how it is, let's throw it in there and not care anymore".
[/quote]

I do understand it's extra motivation, but that is only if you get motivated by it. To some people shinies are just a recolor that may shock people and that's what it is to me. I'd probably freak out if I saw a shiny like any other person but at the end of the day it's not the main thing I'm looking for. I understand that working hard for a reward is the majority of people's motive, but for me, it's for the experience.

[quote name='AestheticsBrah' timestamp='1365017103' post='263800']
Plague, to put it in your language, how would you feel if the winners got 10 31-IV across the board elite comp pokes?
[/quote]

I would be fine with that. I have no problem with professionals being paid for the work they do.

[spoiler]Also for the record I do actually own two shinys right now, I just refuse to be sucked into the cesspool that is the shiny trading market[/spoiler]

What am I reading? People are against loli? I think this is more about people just being fanboys of a certain someone since people being against loli is a complete impossibility.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1365003922' post='263382']
We have a sense of humor
[/quote]
You do? This is a surprise because that too is an impossibility. I have proof.

[quote name='AzizFTW' timestamp='1365250404' post='269150']
Skazord forgot to add the fact that the later you join the game, you will be teased for being a newbie and you are gonna be terrorised by such and such. You won't be allowed in /certain/ teams...
[/quote]
It shouldn't be this way, ones join date does not correlate to their personality, some bad people may join, but so will good people, it's best to treat everyone the same.

Anyway, congratulations to the winners, I thoroughly enjoyed these videos!

Skazord forgot to add the fact that the later you join the game, you will be teased for being a newbie and you are gonna be terrorised by such and such. You won't be allowed in /certain/ teams...
[/quote]

[quote name='kloneman' timestamp='1365250754' post='269155']
It shouldn't be this way, ones join date does not correlate to their personality, some bad people may join, but so will good people, it's best to treat everyone the same.

Anyway, congratulations to the winners, I thoroughly enjoyed these videos!
[/quote]

Even kloneman gets it, and I can tell he doesn't like a bunch of us.

Join date doesn't matter, never did.

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365253266' post='269173']
Even kloneman gets it, and I can tell he doesn't like a bunch of us.

Join date doesn't matter, never did.
[/quote]

NO! You mis-understood me! Join date doesn't matter. But some people will terrorise you for it. That's the people in this game, the whole game started up this way, and it won't be changed. As Klone said, it shouldn't be this way... unfortunately, it is. It's too late to change it now.

[quote name='AzizFTW' timestamp='1365254556' post='269185']
NO! You mis-understood me! Join date doesn't matter. But some people will terrorise you for it. That's the people in this game, the whole game started up this way, and it won't be changed. As Klone said, it shouldn't be this way... unfortunately, it is. It's too late to change it now.
[/quote]

It is you that still doesn't understand.

Like I said, and will repeat it, join date never mattered. If players get "terrorized" ingame or in the forums, it's not because of their join date.

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365254742' post='269190']
It is you that still doesn't understand.

Like I said, and will repeat it, join date never mattered. If players get "terrorized" ingame or in the forums, it's not because of their join date.
[/quote]
Yeah like skazord has said here, people usually get 'picked on' either because of their stupidity or they have voiced an opinion that some people may not agree with, I've seen new players gain popularity with in a month because they are helpful or they are showing respect to their fellow forum users.

[/quote]

I don't recall ever being teased for my join date and I joined pretty late.