[Denied] no trading Pokemon below lvl 5

the title explains it all, you shouldn't be able to trade Pokemon below lvl 5. it is impossible to get accurate iv's off them and this will force all the lazy people to lvl them up and allow you to get a more accurate idea of what you are buying. and sellers a idea of what they are selling. by the time you get to isle four for breeding you are able to lvl up a lvl 1 Pokemon in seconds with exp share so it wont increase breeding time by much. and noobs who this is a problem for shouldn't really be trading at that point anyway. 

*EDIT changed to lvl 5 because people think lvl 10 is too extreme for some reason 

What about if people wanna trade for little cup tournaments? :(

breed your own, with little cup you cant check the iv's anyway so you just breed good parents, get a good nature, and hope for the best. at that lvl it doesn't really matter anyway. 

I think that if someone doesn't care about IVs, he should not be restricted in any way involving them, and from what I've seen, a large portion of the population doesn't even know they exist (the poor heathens). I'm against this.

I think that if someone doesn't care about IVs, he should not be restricted in any way involving them, and from what I've seen, a large portion of the population doesn't even know they exist (the poor heathens). I'm against this.

but then when those "poor heathens" start breeding and many knowledgeable people as well they try to sell lvl 1 pokes and refuse to lvl them up and narrow the iv's that are probably bad. now the rest of us can either entirely stop trading with these heathens or gamble or have the CM/GM's make this a thing.

Competitors aside, this is really unfair to new players. Discovering the game for the first time and being unable to trade anything would just be plain offputting. If competitive players care about IVs, they'll ask the seller to narrow them or take the risk and narrow them themselves.

If you're terribly concerned about IVs, and don't want to get scammed, I've got two tips for you.

1. Trade for Pokémon at or above level 20
2. Get them your damn self

I don't see why we need to combat the trading of Pokémon with poor IVs... some people aren't in the market for IVs. Some people who ARE in the market for IVs also happen to want to fill their Pokédex. Those same people might be trading for items, etc.

And besides, level 10 is nothing. You take it to Cerulean cave, walk in the door, EXP share grind for ~2 battles, and boom, level 10+. Wouldn't it make more sense to prevent trading Pokémon with less than 31 IVs in any stat, anyway? That way, nobody would get scammed, and you wouldn't have to put in the extra effort of battling with an EXP share on one to two times.

Competitors aside, this is really unfair to new players. Discovering the game for the first time and being unable to trade anything would just be plain offputting. If competitive players care about IVs, they'll ask the seller to narrow them or take the risk and narrow them themselves.

i'm not saying don't let them trade, just no Pokemon below lvl 10 which is nothing. also in 2nd gen you weren't allowed to trade until several gyms in. this is not a great challenge for them

If you're terribly concerned about IVs, and don't want to get scammed, I've got two tips for you.

1. Trade for Pokémon at or above level 20
2. Get them your damn self

I don't see why we need to combat the trading of Pokémon with poor IVs... some people aren't in the market for IVs. Some people who ARE in the market for IVs also happen to want to fill their Pokédex. Those same people might be trading for items, etc.

And besides, level 10 is nothing. You take it to Cerulean cave, walk in the door, EXP share grind for ~2 battles, and boom, level 10+. Wouldn't it make more sense to prevent trading Pokémon with less than 31 IVs in any stat, anyway? That way, nobody would get scammed, and you wouldn't have to put in the extra effort of battling with an EXP share on one to two times.

i am not worried about being scammed, im not saying no trading bad iv pokes only no below lvl 10 which you your self said is nothing, and all those things are fine im not saying only trade comps either

i'm not saying don't let them trade, just no Pokemon below lvl 10 which is nothing. also in 2nd gen you weren't allowed to trade until several gyms in. this is not a great challenge for them

Lv10 isn't nothing when you just begin. The first rival battle is against a lv9 starter, and newbies don't have any grass they can train in that yields instant level ups. That aside, often in Viridian Forest there are people who spend ages looking for Pikachu, give up, and ask. Then other people give them the lv3-5 Pikachu they want so badly. Nobody would bother if they had to train the damn thing first against the lv5s they can encounter at that point. That's just one example of how unnecessarily cruel this would be to newbies. While it is true that you can't trade early in some of the handhelds, that's gym based and not level based. Besides, this is 3rd gen and also an MMO. New players should be encouraged to trade, and if they can't trade anything without having to train it first, it would go completely against the nature of an MMO. This level restriction would be a bother for everyone else too - fossils are lv5, as is Togepi. Abras are usually lv8. You're only creating unnecessary effort for everyone.

The only way I could possibly not despise this suggestion is if Pokemon had to be a minimum level of two, and even then that's just unnecessary effort if you're only giving the baby Pokemon to someone else for egg moves, Pokedex data, or if it's simply a gift to a regular player (Bagon etc). Overall the suggestion is pointless and unnecessary. As I previously stated, if you care so much about IVs being narrowed, either ask the person to level it up a bit, take the risk and trade, or simply don't trade.

Lv10 isn't nothing when you just begin. The first rival battle is against a lv9 starter, and newbies don't have any grass they can train in that yields instant level ups. That aside, often in Viridian Forest there are people who spend ages looking for Pikachu, give up, and ask. Then other people give them the lv3-5 Pikachu they want so badly. Nobody would bother if they had to train the damn thing first against the lv5s they can encounter at that point. That's just one example of how unnecessarily cruel this would be to newbies. While it is true that you can't trade early in some of the handhelds, that's gym based and not level based. Besides, this is 3rd gen and also an MMO. New players should be encouraged to trade, and if they can't trade anything without having to train it first, it would go completely against the nature of an MMO. This level restriction would be a bother for everyone else too - fossils are lv5, as is Togepi. Abras are usually lv8. You're only creating unnecessary effort for everyone.

The only way I could possibly not despise this suggestion is if Pokemon had to be a minimum level of two, and even then that's just unnecessary effort if you're only giving the baby Pokemon to someone else for egg moves, Pokedex data, or if it's simply a gift to a regular player (Bagon etc). Overall the suggestion is pointless and unnecessary. As I previously stated, if you care so much about IVs being narrowed, either ask the person to level it up a bit, take the risk and trade, or simply don't trade.

this is mmo, practically the entire game is grinding, why lvl 3-5? why not 10? i have lvl up pokemon for noobs before, as stated above lvl up to lvl 10 is nothing by then, and lvl up the babies it takes literally seconds!

this is mmo, practically the entire game is grinding, why lvl 3-5? why not 10? i have lvl up pokemon for noobs before, as stated above lvl up to lvl 10 is nothing by then, and lvl up the babies it takes literally seconds!

MMOs promote interactions with other players, which your suggestion is discouraging. Major grinding comes later when people build their competitive teams. What about the people who play for fun and not competitively? Why punish them by not letting them trade their lv3 Pikachus if they want to trade their lv3 Pikachus?

While it is easy for you to level up Pokemon for the so-called "noobs", it's not easy for them to train every Pokemon to lv10 just to trade it. They don't have the Tangela patch. They don't have the E4. They don't have lv20+ wild Pokemon. This suggestion is absolutely unreasonable to them. Punishing them (and everyone else) for your paranoia is pointless and ridiculous.

believe what you wish, however the idea is to promote fair trading not punish noobs and there have been trading lvl restrictions before this on mmo as well to protect people from making bad deals do to lack of information ie cant trade starters until lvl 50. 

Starters and other one time pokemon couldn't be traded until lvl 50 a while ago, that was to retain their value, since they are quite valuable. The restrictions were reduced/removed since breeding came, since their value dropped and there was no point in having trade restrictions.

Anyways, i completely agree with Rachel, this is not only pointless, but makes the start hard for newbies and alt runs, and may discourage them. No one who has common sense in trading isn't going to sell/buy lv 1 pokemon, they will know about IV/EV and know how to narrow them before trading.

believe what you wish, however the idea is to promote fair trading not punish noobs and there have been trading lvl restrictions before this on mmo as well to protect people from making bad deals do to lack of information ie cant trade starters until lvl 50. 

Whether intentional or not, it is certainly punishing them. The restrictions that were on starters, Eevees and Hitmons were to prevent farming them easily, NOT to prevent bad deals. Starters still can't be traded until lv25 now since it's much easier to get them through alts that will never be touched again than to slot grind for them.

Starters and other one time pokemon couldn't be traded until lvl 50 a while ago, that was to retain their value, since they are quite valuable. The restrictions were reduced/removed since breeding came, since their value dropped and there was no point in having trade restrictions.

Anyways, i completely agree with Rachel, this is not only pointless, but makes the start hard for newbies and alt runs, and may discourage them. No one who has common sense in trading isn't going to sell/buy lv 1 pokemon, they will know about IV/EV and know how to narrow them before trading.

common sense seams to be a rarity in pokemmo. you cant assume people are smart. and you can still trade pokemon for alts

common sense seams to be a rarity in pokemmo. you cant assume people are smart. and you can still trade pokemon for alts

You can't assume people are dumb either. People who compete almost certainly know about EVs and IVs. People who don't compete for the most part simply don't care. It's not like you need perfect Pokemon for a regular playthrough.

so people i just had a conversation that went something like this:

me~do you have X pokemon with X nature

dude~ yes

me~ what are the iv's

dude~ they are all lvl 1

me~ well i cant check iv's at that lvl can you lvl up to 10 so i can check

dude~ no 

me~ <_<

this is why no trading at lvl 1

so people i just had a conversation that went something like this:

me~do you have X pokemon with X nature

dude~ yes

me~ what are the iv's

dude~ they are all lvl 1

me~ well i cant check iv's at that lvl can you lvl up to 10 so i can check

dude~ no 

me~ <_<

this is why no trading at lvl 1

Don't trade, this dude doesn't have common sense. If you're looking for decent trades you're better off looking on the forums. The negative effects of this idea outweigh the positive effects IMO, again, there is absolutely no point to this, it's just mean to newbies, discourages trading

Don't trade, this dude doesn't have common sense. If you're looking for decent trades you're better off looking on the forums. The negative effects of this idea outweigh the positive effects IMO, again, there is absolutely no point to this, it's just mean to newbies, discourages trading

it's not just this guy it's a million of them and the forums are huge and still only a small fraction of the players, and what noobies has ever traded something and found out he got the better deal later on when he learned a bit? 

I understand that it may have some benefits, However i personally am strongly against it since a thread i made is all about a community made event where we donate level 5 pokemon to new players, If this was put into effect this would be impossible so i will have to say no.

I understand that it may have some benefits, However i personally am strongly against it since a thread i made is all about a community made event where we donate level 5 pokemon to new players, If this was put into effect this would be impossible so i will have to say no.

that is actually a good idea.......how about lvl 5 then?

Seems pointless. You're basing it on the argument that people cant get confirmed IVs are Lv1. You can't get confirmed IVs at Lv5 either. Only you can ever truly know the real IVs because you used either Veekun/ArchCalc or w/e.

When the other player trades, he can't see the real IVs, he will also get a big range. And he won't buy it anyway.