Elkaroo

Judges:

Archnix Hisagi

Prize:

500 DP item + Pinned in Creative Media 

Date:

Due date August 25th

Overview:

Users will write a story based on what happened to them from the start of their journey to the time they reached Pewter city.

Rules:

-All submissions must will be made in the Contest thread. (This one)

-1 Submission per person.

-All submissions must include IGN & title

-No Sexual content.

-Maximum 1000 word

-Minimum 250

-Submissions start immediately. 

Submission Format:

Title

[spoiler] story goes here [/spoiler]

IGN

Discussion Thread

The Little Bug Type That Could

[spoiler] Unlike the typical trainer (who stayed up into the wee hours of the morning prior, playing silly monster games on their handheld) Elviira awoke early on the day she turned ten. She leaped out of bed in a flurry of fabric and accessories, and was ready to depart by the time her feet touched the ground. Today was the day she would begin her life-long quest to become the world's strongest trainer. 

On her way to Professor Oak's laboratory, Elvirra ran into her neighbor, the Professor's grandson, similarly on his way to begin his journey. The old man could never remember his grandson's name, and everyone else usually just called him the kind of bad names you hear in fourth grade, so she wasn't sure of his true name. "Hey Gary!" she cried, making the name up on the spot, "On your way to your grandpa's too huh? I bet you can't wait to get your first Pokemon! What are you going to choose?" 

"Well..." The-man-now-named-Gary said "not that I want to help you, Smelly-Elvi, but obviously it's going to be either Bulbasaur or Squirtle. I want to become the Pokemon master, and the first obstacle between me and my dream is Brock. There's no way you'll beat him with a Charmander unless it's claws are made of metal or something (like that could happen!) and nothing in the wild around here stands a chance against his top-percentage Onix. Now then, if you'll excuse me, I have less unimportant people to talk to. Smell ya later, n00b!" 

With that, Gary was gone. That punk! Elviira thought to herself Who is he to call me smelly? I could smell the sludge bomb in his pants from the other side of town. I'll show him, I'm going to prove all it takes to beat Brock is good old fashioned elbow grease!

And with that, Elviira was gone too. She quickly sprinted to the Professor's lab (a bold move without her running shoes!), where she grabbed the first pokeball she saw, and then dashed away again, but not before giving Gary a swift metaphorical kick to his sensitive area. Racing through Routes one and two, she found herself in Viridian Forrest, ground-zero for bug-catchers and their ilk, and that was where she saw it. The perfect Pokemon to prove to Gary and everyone that no thing, big, small, or wrapped in a layer of string, should ever be underestimated. An infinitesimally small Weedle was inching it's way across the forest floor, no bigger than two or three levels. 

It's too bad she was afraid of bugs.

Screaming like a little girl as it slowly moved towards her, Elviira abandoned all reason, and began pelting the thing with pokeballs before she even sent out her "starter" the Prof had given to her as a gift. Fortunately for her, the last one caught it, and in that instant she knew exactly what she must do. Back-tracking to route 1, she was determined to train this Brave (natured) little tyke to be the strongest and fastest beedrill to ever emerge from that forest. Many hours were spent hunting down mankey and pidgey, waging ruthless war on their kind to ensure the success of her and the weedle she had come to know as Balthazar. 

After many, many moons, and many more rage quits fueled by impatience, the time had come. Her Balthazar had come to fruition as a mighty messenger of malice, and boasted a massive 27 levels, far higher than anything anyone around these parts ever saw. 

Finally, with a self-satisfied sigh and a wicked grin, Elviira set foot into the city of Pewter, home of Gym Leader Brock, and thought to herself Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for my Pokemon are with me. 

[/spoiler]

IGN: Elviira
but you probably picked up on that. 

Edited story for grammar/spelling. I hope that doesn't get me disqualified. :P

Press Start
By Breeder

[spoiler]

I blinked a couple of times. I was awake already. The night before felt like it never would break to day, yet here it is, bright as ever. I glance around. The faint sound of Pidgey chirping doesn't aggravate me as it usually would, rather, it calms me. It's exciting, really, almost as if each one was saying "Take me! Take me!", all as eager to start a journey as I was.
I got out of bed and glanced around. My small room felt even smaller, even quieter, than normal. My mom, who enjoys sleeping on a pull out mattress in the kitchen, was no doubt downstairs waiting for me. She has this impeccable way of knowing exactly what is happening despite my cold silence. I just still don't talk much since Dad... left.
I checked my computer to see what I had for supplies. I was distraught to realize that all my months of hard work had been for nothing, as the only thing I had in there was a single potion. What happened to all the Pokeballs I had saved for that very day, I still do not know. Perhaps it was fate.
My initial instinct was to give up. Just lie back down and go another year. I knew despite there being no mirror, though, that there was a fire in my eyes, and with a keystroke to summon the potion from my computer, I was on my way.
My mother didn't have much to say. I wanted to hug her, but I didn't. I simply left. I regret it to this day like any son would regret not spending every waking moment with their deceased parent.
I left the house with but a potion in my backpack, and decided I would go to Viridian City to buy Pokeballs. I accumulated 3000 Poke over the past couple of years, which would be enough for 10 pokeballs and a few antidotes. At least it was a start.
But, as I walked into that grass, fate decided to take the wheel.
"Wait! Don't go out!"

Within moments, I was within Professor Samuel Oak's laboratory. It was a strange place, and a calm place usually, unless it is 'gifted' by the presence of Oak's grandson. Which, as it happened, it was at that moment.
"Red."
He looked at me and laughed like a hyena, and I take no shame in saying he smelled like one too.
"Don't tell me, Red, you're here to get a Pokemon from gramps? There isn't a point, as long as Blue Oak is around!"
I gave him a glare and he stuck out his tongue like the child he was.
There is one thing I owed to him, though, and that was knowledge. Samuel Oak wanted to give me a Pokemon? Isn't it a general rule of thumb not to take Pokemon from strangers?
Samuel proceeded to explain that the three Pokeballs that were laid in front of us were from an old place that he grew up, far from Kanto. He wanted to give both Blue and I one each, so that as we traveled across Kanto we would be safe. In all honesty, the very thought of Blue traveling anywhere near me sickened me.
He allowed me to pick first. It was an obvious ploy by him so that his grandson could get a type effectiveness on myself, as the three Pokemon within the balls made up the effectiveness circle of Fire, Water, and Grass, but I played along.
I don't know what it was that drew me toward the fire starter. Grass was my favorite type at the time, and water would allow me to surf all over Kanto. Could it have been my subconscious recollecting the fire in my eyes from before, and drawing the connection? I'm not sure exactly, but it drew me to my best friend in time, so I have nothing to complain about.
Behind my back, Blue chose the water type. As I walked away, Blue called after me to battle. I turned around, looked him in the eye, and threw that Pokeball harder than I had ever thrown one since. Right at Blue's head.
He was too fast, though. He beamed his Pokeball right at the one projecting itself unto him, and with a loud crack, they both burst open.
I finally got to see the Pokemon that lived within. A red reptile, cute as could be, but menacing all the same. It simply screamed 'potential'.
Blue's blue turtle stood no chance, as my 'Charmander' (which I decided to dub 'Charlie') got 2 critical hits in a row. Charlie made it out unscathed.
As Blue wept behind me, I decided to go on my way to Viridian City. I wasn't sure exactly where I was going, but anywhere was better than Pallet Town.
I made it to town without running into any wild Pokemon, which I call a true victory. But, just as I was beginning to feel good, I was instantly disappointed, as an old man would not let me through to the forest. I considered going onto the path to the left, but I thought I saw the faint silhouette of Blue, so I passed.
I was eventually stopped to bring a package to Oak from a local merchant. It may have been the end of my journey already, I thought.
I made it back to Oak safely, and delivered the package, only to see Blue there as well.
Oak explained that he wished for us to do something important on our journey. He wanted us to find every Pokemon. Just see them.
I left the lab and ran.
I ran straight through Viridian City, without an encounter yet again.
I ran into Viridian Forest and made it out untouched.
As I emerged from the forest, I knew exactly what I was going to do.
What I was born to do.
I was going to catch every pokemon.
And then become the champion. 

[/spoiler]

IGN: HuntHoot

(I apologize for my cruel lack of proper paragraphs, as formatting correctly through this text editor is a pain)

The Road to Pewter

[spoiler]

The morning had just begun, the sun had just peaked over the horizon. Bands of golden light danced across the purple sky. Each ray seemed to be solar arm reaching out, planning its diurnal course through the heavens.  A seemingly lone Dodrio began to honk his three toned call in the distance. However, there was also one little boy in Pallet town that was clearly ready for the day. The boy rubbed his eyes: not realizing it was already morning. He had been up all night studying for his "GOGOAT", or "Generalized, Optimal Grown-up Occupation Aptitude Test".

The books piled up like a fortress around him. They ranged through a myriad of subjects, everything from: Nurse Joy's book on keeping Chansey coats shining, to Kurt from Azalea Town's books on making Pokeballs from Apricorns, even Blaine's Big Book of Pokemon Trivia. He could barely see the clock in his room. Only the numbers on the top were visible above the barricade of knowledge that had been erected around him.'Maybe I should go make some coffee.' he thought.

He entered the kitchen to find that his mother had bought him some new shoes, and she had made him a huge breakfast with all his favorites. He quickly ate everything he could, put on his new shoes, and headed out the door. He went to Oak's Lab, and received his first Pokemon. He chose Squirtle as his first Pokemon, knowing that the Tiny Turtle Pokemon would be a great asset throughout his journey. Oak then asked a favor of him, since his grandson was no where to be found; deliver a package from Viridian PokeMart to him. The young man agreed, and followed further instructions- by going to Oak's home and receiving a Town Map from Daisy Oak.

He had been to Viridian once before, when he was a boy. His mother took him to a famous pond filled with Slowpoke. All he could remember was watching them fish with their tails for hours.. Walking through town, he saw trainers with all kinds of Pokemon. Some he recognized, some were completely unknown to him. He wandered through town: until he saw a large white building with blue trim and a sign that read "PokeMart". He walked inside, passing by various Pokemon related merchandise. The shopkeeper looked up at the sound of the bell and asked if he was from Pallet town. He replied that he did live there, careful not to reveal that he had been born in the Sevii Islands. The shopkeeper asked if he would deliver a package for him to Pallet. He informed him that Oak had charged him with that very task. Without asking anything about the package, he left.

On his journey back, he noticed that the ledges made the return trip even faster. They also allowed him to bypass the grass. But as Pallet grew closer he wondered...What was the GOGOAT? Had he studied the right subjects? Was the time he spent worth it? More determined than ever to pass, he quickly made his way through the small town and re-entered the laboratory. Walking up to the Pokemon Prof., he handed over the parcel.

Oak took one look at the fledgling trainer and knew exactly what he was thinking. The GOGOAT, was just a way to make soon-to-be-trainers learn everything they could, and then do something without knowing the reason. The important thing is that the trainer doesn't give up. Oak opened the box,then pulled out some packaging material to reveal a sleek new Pokedex. Five Pokeballs were also in the box. He told the young man about filling the Pokedex, and about finding his place in the world. Pointing him in the direction of Pewter, the old man sent him on his way.

Again -heading north- the young, Sevii Island-born trainer walked through the tall grass. Hearing a rustling in the brush, he got his new Pokemon ready. He saw it: a Pidgey. Using the knowledge he had gained through weeks of study, he sent Squirtle upon the wild Tiny Bird Pokemon. With a squarely aimed Water Gun and a Pokeball, the Flying type was caught! He made it through the rest of the Route without incident; and came upon Viridian once again with new vigor. Walking into the PokeMart; he informed the shopkeeper of the completed delivery, and purchased two Potions-using money he had been saving from doing chores around the house. He quickly exited the store, and made his way farther north. Coming upon Viridian Forest. 

Upon entering Viridian Forest, he wandered through the maze of trees and grass. He looked up to see the sunlight dancing through the leaves, casting dark green shadows on the brown, mottled forest floor. Everything swayed with a single consciousness. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something gleam: it was a Repel. He quickly sprayed himself with the aerosol can in a uniform fashion, being certain to evenly spray his entire body.. The concoction inside made him cough, but if it had a smell he wouldn't know- he couldn't smell. He headed through the zigzagging maze until he saw something: light, sky, the end of Route 2. He was so close to his first badge he could taste it!

A thought crossed his mind as he made his way past a small patch of grass, 'What if two Pokemon isn't enough?' So, he sought out more wild Pokemon. This time, it was a Caterpie that had wandered away from the safety of the forest. It was probably looking for new sources of food. He sent out Pidgey, but was careful to not use a Flying type move for fear of making it faint. He also sought out a Rattata and captured it without harm. Beginners luck, he guessed. With these Pokemon, he was finally ready. Pewter -nay- the rest of Kanto spread out before him, and so did endless possibilities...But that is a story for another day.

[/spoiler]

IGN: Oluthon

Kantolian Psycho

[spoiler] I live in the small house on the west side of Pallet Town.  On the second floor.  My name is Doctor Quantum.  I am 10 years old.  I just received my first Pokemon, and I believe in taking care of it. I give it a balanced diet and put it through a rigorous training routine.  If my Squirtle is a little wore out, I give it a potion before continuing my training.  I'm very good at it now.  After I use the potion, I battle through hordes of wild Pidgeys, Ratattas and others of the sort.  When I caught my first pokemon, a pidgey, I used a standard Silph Co. Pokeball, nothing special.  I proceeded to train both my Pidgey and previous companion, Squirtle.  We journeyed through Viridian where we met an Old Man.  I didn't like that old man.  He treated me as if I was incompetent.  After I made it through Viridian, my Pokemon had already reached level ten, I came across the entrance of a large forest.  It was called Viridian Forest.  On my way through, I battled many weak trainers.  I remember thinking: "It's almost as if they're programmed to be so weak".  I shrugged it off and continued, eager to make it to my destination.  Though many of the Pokemon along the way were enticing, I felt I had the pokemon I needed to beat any challenge that made its way towards me.  I reached the end of the forest. A sigh of relief washed over me. "Finally out" I said to myself as I exited the forest.  Soon I would be in Pewter.  Soon I would crush my first Gym Leader.  I then stepped into Pewter, where my journey really began. [/spoiler]

IGN: DrQTM

Be The Best.
The Fearow's call brought with it the first rays of the day, but this was no ordinary day this was the that day of the year when the 10 year old's from the town on Pallet would be allowed to start their Pokemon journey.Blake woke up eagerly that day before his alarm could even ring he was out to Professor Oak's lab to get his first Pokemon."So You Need A Starter Pokemon ,Have anything in Mind ? " Asked Oak.
Dragonite , A Dragonite's good said Blake , My My we're getting ahead of Our Selves arent we That Dragonite is a rare pokemon and you have to be lucky just to encounter one on your journey ,Im not gonna give you something that would ruin the experience.
Awwww but but but......
No buts , i have just the pokemon in mind for you said Oak as he gave Blake a Bright red pokeball .Blake wandered back into the town with his new Pokemon in hand to see what it was and as Oak instructed him he went to the Field to meet his new friend, I choose you he said as he let out the pokemon , Charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Roared The beast as a Brilliant Orange Charizard Torched the fields as he was confused where he was, Back at the lab Oak is finishing up with his New trainer work, Ahh its all done all the starters have been taken except ........well how is this possible someone forgot a charmander,well i remember everyone getting one oh my as he recalls he was retreiving a pokeball from the transporter box from PKMN trainer Ash and well the rest.........
Back at the field Charizard's begun to calm down and now it sensed Blake , Blake was amazed "I know i didnt ask for you but wow Proffessor Oak is Cool !, So Charizard Since Im your new master lets go win some badges eh " And then Charizard flew Blake to Pewter ,.
The End

IGN:StriderXD

Wild Adventure has Started!

[spoiler] Hello there! Welcome to the world of Poke...wait a sec...this isn't my script! This is Oak's script! Hey writer, you gave me the wrong script! *recieves correct script* Thank you. Ahem, now then. Hello there! I am the Narrator. Today I shall tell you a short story about a young boy's adventure through tall grass, cities, and forests. Now, let us start the story!

Ah~ Pallet Town. A small little town famous for the world renowned Professor Oak living there, along with his grandson Gary Oak and his granddaughter Daisy Oak. Beside the Oak family's house lived a mother named Delia and her son Alphus. They lived in a house similarly built to Professor Oak's. On the second floor was Alphus's room.

Sunlight shone in the room and in the face of the young boy, waking him up in a most annoying way. He opened his eyes to see his TV in front of him with his Wii controller in hand. Apparently he had fallen asleep while playing his recently bought Mario Kart Wii.

He did his usual morning routine and headed downstairs. He reached the bottom of the stairs and saw his mother sitting in her usual chair around the table. She saw him and smiled like a mother would to her baby. She held up a pair of running shoes and told him to try it on. It was a perfect fit. She then lectured him on how to use the special features of the shoes and told him how proud she was to be his mother.

Alphus ate the breakfast that she made with gusto while Delia kept asking if he wanted more,which he said yes to until he was flat out full. He put on his new shoes and headed to the door to leave, but not without looking back one more time. He saw his mother smiling and waving at him goodbye, but he could see the tears forming around her eyes. He hugged his mother and promised that he would visit as soon as he could. She smiled and reminded him that'd he be late for his first Pokemon. He nodded and left to Professor Oak's lab.

He went in the lab and recieved his first Pokemon, Charmander. He picked Charmander because the fire on the young lizard-like Pokemon's tail reminded him of his flames of youth-*cough*Sorry I meant- drive for success! He thanked the Professor and as soon as he was about to leave, his rival ,Gary,challenged him to a battle using his Squirtle. Alphus won by a critical hit and Gary vowed that he would beat him.

He then went to Oak's house to say bye to his older sister figure, Daisy Oak. Daisy congratulated him and gave him a Town Map to make the journey easier. He went through Route 1 with his Charmander following behind, encountering a few Pidgey and Rattata here and there. He arrived in Viridian and healed his Pokemon in the Pokemon Center. He thanked Nurse joy and left to Pewter, only to be blocked by an old man in his way. The old man was in pain and Alphus tried to help him but the old man would just moan and groan.

Seeing no way to pass through, he went to the PokeMart to stock up on Potions and Poke Balls. When he entered, he heard the Sales Clerk call him. The clerk asked him if he could deliver a package to Professor Oak and he agreed to do it. He quickly left back to Pallet, jumping over the ledges to make the trip shorter. He went in the lab and gave Oak the parcel. Oak thanked him and gave him a Pokedex and 5 Poke Balls for all the hard work.

He left the lab(again) and headed to Viridian(again). He saw that the old man was okay and out of the way so he went straight for the forest. But then he realized, people said that Pewter City's Gym Leader is a Rock type user. So with some asking around, he went west to search for a Mankey. He found one on the second encounter and sent out his Charmander. One Scratch and Poke Ball later, Mankey was his first caught "wild" Pokemon.

He quickly healed his Pokemon and headed to the forest with two Pokemon caught. He battled the trainers and the occasional Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna and Metapod in there. He had picked up a repel earlier but he wanted to train his Pokemon first. After about ten minutes battling and running, he saw the exit for the dreadful forest. His Charmander now Charmeleon was poisoned and was slightly tired but was okay. His Mankey had fainted after a Bug Catcher's Weedle got a critical hit on it and poisoned it.

He quickly ran to the exit and light engulfed him. Fresh air, a road and light green colored trees! He was finally out of the forest! He slowly walked to Pewter and saw the city in all its glory. Pewter city badge, here comes Alphus.....right after he heals his Pokemon. *Alphus has fled to Poke Center*
[/spoiler]

IGN: Alphus

Good luck to the others competing in the contest!!! :D

Title: supr awsom fanfiktion XD
[spoiler]it wuz a brite saturdai mourning (because mnday sucks lol XD) nd I wuk up but i wuz l8 2 get mi 1st pokeymon (OMG!) so i went 2 gt my pogeymon but profsor moat wsnt hme bt my rival gay moat wuz beng a meenie (OMG GAY MOAT SO MEAN DX) so i wnt 2 gras bcuz lol so random XD bt profsr moat cam nd tld me it was dngerus so i went 22 hs lab wit him. mei  strtr wuz squirt bcuz hes so qt i wil never volve him he wil alwys be cut <3 bt nyway gay moat wntd 2 fite me cuz he meenie but i bet him bcuz i am secret poky mstr prtending 2 be new (XD dnt tell any1) bt den i wen 2 viridian bt i cldnt bi bals (lol i sad bals XD) soo i hd to give profsr moat his parchute or watevr it is nd dn i gut my pokedex so i cn gt pokeys (but i scrt poky mstr so i dnt ned it lol) so dne i culd go 2 pooter ceety wer gym 1 is (c i r mstr XD) nd get mi 1st boodge. bt on duh wai i fund pikachew (OMG SO QUUUTE XD XD XD) nd i hud to catch it so i use pogeybawls but it do lots of damage 2 bubba (i namd squirt bubba lol so random) bt it ws k i got pikaaa he so trunk J  but den sudnly i fougt meenie bug guy (OMG SO WEIRD BUGS?!) nd he fout me L he hurt buba bad nd i crid but my teers md bubba heel nd be so stronk nd beet meenies nd den i made it to pooter bcuz bubba savd duh day!!!! :D the end[/spoiler]
IGN: Senile

Not Quite Senile, But Close

[spoiler]It isn’t the destination; it’s the journey that matters. Just starting out is always hard. The journey is too fresh in my mind to be nostalgic about it. I mean, I see why old timers are nostalgic. There is always that need to smooth over the rough edges in your memory. The mind has that wonderful ability to forget the bad and emphasis the good as we get older. I suppose it’s a survival instinct. I mean, if we relived the trauma of the past every day, well, I suppose id have never left my room.

But I did. I woke up that day in early September full of enthusiasm. I kicked the covers off in my eagerness. And why shouldn’t I be excited? I knew what to expect didn’t I? I glanced at my tv and game console. I’d played the games for years hadn’t I? And my good friend was already out there. Heck, he had already started on his Pokémon journey and had a whole day start on me as well. I was eager to begin my own journey. No, I was eager to catch up to my friend!

I was so eager, I can almost be forgiven for my perfunctory good bye to my mother. But there is no forgiveness for what I did next. Running out in to the tall grass, without a pokeball? Such a noob mistake! Thankfully Professor Oak rushed in and saved me from my foolishness.

To my chagrin, Gary was at Professor Oaks lab too. My face turned beat red. I hoped he didn’t know about my silly mistake. I was glad when Professor Oak gave me first choice. Well, mostly glad. You see, I had always planned to pick Charmander. But now, with the decision right in front of me, well, it became so hard to decide! Suddenly match ups began occurring to me. I found myself second guessing my decision. And I was well aware what Brock had in his gym. Suddenly choosing Charmander felt like another silly mistake. I must have hovered near the Squirtle pokeball for a very long time.

But in the end, it was Charmander. I mean it always was in the cartridge games I had played. And now that I was heading out on a my poke adventure, my Charmander was at my side. I should have known Gary would be eager to battle. To him, pokemon are just tools. For me, they are friends, companions. I would have liked to gotten to know Charmander better before jumping into a battle with him. But, if Gary needed a lesson in manners, I was happy to oblige him. The look on his face when he lost was well worth it. Type match ups weren’t a big deal at this level but I knew they would be later, and the look on his face told me so did he.

Oak sent me off on an errand straight away. After stopping by and picking up a map from Gary’s cute sister, I was finally on my own. I stopped by to say goodbye to my mother again. And I was happy when she healed Charmander. I wanted him to be at full health for the journey. In the games, I knew pidgey and rattata were jokes. But now, with no way to save and reload, somehow it felt very dangerous. Somehow these ‘weak’ pokemon were a very real threat. I guess that’s why games and real life differ.

I have to brag on my Charmander a bit. Yes, it was the tall grass in my back yard. Yes, they were just pidgey and rattata. But the way my Charmander mowed through them I knew I was going to be in good shape. Every rattata I saw, I saw Brocks face, and every pidgey I faced my pokeball holding knuckles itched for a shot at Camper Liam. I was on my way. I was on my way and singing ‘On the Road to Viridian City’.

Well, I was on my way after dropping off Oaks parcel. I hate to sound like a noob, or a small town boy, but Viridian was the real deal. It was huge. It was amazing. There was so much going on, so much to do. I wanted to buy every heal and every pokeball at the Poke Mart! But first I rushed Charmander over to the PC. And there she was, Nurse Joy. She was just as nice as she was in the games. Everything was the way I thought it would be. Except for the people! So many people! I was walking around like a tourist with my eyes wide open and my jaw on the ground. And everywhere I went, trainers swarmed around. They were in the Poke Mart when I picked up Oak’s parcel, they were coming in and out the PC like me. I didn’t feel alone anymore. I knew I wasn’t the only one on a poke journey, I could see so many people just like me in Viridian. And the sight of them made me realize, I’d have to work faster and harder to catch up to my friend!

I rushed back to Pallet and gave Oak his package. I barely paid attention to his instructions about the poke dex. I knew what a poke dex was, I thought. Apparently, this dex was different from the one in the games, but I didn’t learn that till much later. I stopped by and saw Mom again, I checked in with her. I let her know I was doing well, and got my Charmander healed again. I knew the journey to Viridian was pretty easy, but no sense being cocky about it. Its always wise to heal when you can. I wanted to keep Charmander safe and happy as possible. I used to worry about that a lot, in those early days. And with a low level pokemon, who could blame me? But I was ready. I was on my way to Brock and Pewter City![/spoiler]IGN MajorHarper

How I got my venomoth I have today before I found out how good it was...

[spoiler]

On my first alt run I had a terrible time. I got on pokemmo, waste 30 minutes trying to think of a name for a character. Name my rival after someone I despise. Pick charmander; rage after my rival lands three critical hits in a row on me. Get terrible luck on route 1 where everything crits me (no joke), make it viridian city, do the usual go get the package and head back, but in in PC I was offered a free pokemon that the person got from someone else. It happened to be a venonat that was EV trained already OT was Boti. I was told it was crap because it was serious natured, but I was a nub and it had giga drain so why wouldn’t I take it? Viridan forest was easy since I had charmander; it got to lvl 14 by the end. So then I tried out the venonat and it WOULD KEEP TAKING FREAKING NAPS and nothing else. So I boxed it and got owned by brock because my charmander was gentle natured. After like my third defeat by hax I pulled out the terrible venonat to try using it and all it would do against brock is tackle twice then wouldn’t listen to me the rest of the match. Charmander then came in after the venonat died and got a couple crits and pulled out a victory. Moral of story is that alt runs are terrible if you don’t trade a pokemon over for it.

[/spoiler]

IGN: govictory

Title: We all go down the same road, But reach many destinies. 

[spoiler]So begins my journey, much like it did before, over 8 years ago, Things are brighter, more colourful and more detailed. The people are the same as they used to be and so am I, But never the less I spring into action determined to do what any other ambitious coming-of-age pokemon trainer would. I spring out of bed, throw on my outfit and set out to the nearest Pokemon lab, as today is the day i get my pokemon, where i get a new friend, a new family member, we will work together to overcome all odds. Of course the choice is obvious as to who i will choose. between all the pokemon one stands out, unique and unafraid, While the squirtle hid in it's shell, and the charmander hid in fear of its fire being extinguished, The Bulbasaur looked at me with eyes full of hope, filled with longing for adventure and fun! We set out, side by side, into the unknown. We will fight many more than we did that day. they are weak, and we were weaker, But we will overcome these odds to become the very best. As we emerged from viridian's labyrinth-like forest there isn't long now. Soon we will find ourselves at the first gym, the first stepping stone, to becoming champion we knew it wouldn't be empty like viridian's, we knew that ahead of us was our toughest fight yet. Brock the gym leader fought with wisdom and experience, which we did not possess. But we weren't scared, in fact, we were happy. we would finally be able to know if we could do it. Make or break. And if we lose, we will just keep trying. For you see this is not the end of this story. No... It is the just the beginning![/spoiler]

In-Game-Name: Matoka

Off To A Rocky Start

[spoiler]It was 7-o-clock in the morning as my mediocre clock created that same irritating clanking noise as it usually makes every morning, but today was not any ordinary day, today was the day i became a pokemon master! nothing was going to stand in my way. i bend my back upwards rubbing my eyes, stretching out the old hammies, i leaped out of my bed without a moment of hesitation but as soon as i did the first of many "incidences" occurred, my right foot stepped on my rubber pysduckie and i slid back hitting my head on the side bed frame, incident one. i curled into a ball and rolled around on the floor for a few second but i wouldn't let this little misfortune discourage me i had a big day ahead of me. I ran downstairs greeted my mom and jolted out the door and into professor oak's lab knowing full well that i was late. i enter Oak's lab and looked around, no Professor Oak insight so i asked one of his helpers but too my dismay the aid informed me that he had gone out to research some rattatas on route 1, i thought to myself "oh for crying out load." incident two, but i didn't think much of it. I zoomed out of the lab in a effort to find Oak, i approached route 1. Before nearly stepping into the bushy grass lands a loud but stern voice was calling me, it was Professor Oak. He had me follow him back all the way to the lab, holding my wrist like i was some kind of child, and scolding me to being so reckless, incident three. Now that oak was back and it now it was time, time for me too choose my first pokemon, he had me pick from what three remained, a charmander, a squirtle, and a bulbasaur. my instincts told me to pick charmander so i did and then it happen. incident number 4, a loud obnoxious creature known as a Green enter the lab, he apologized to oak for being late otherwise known as his grandpappy and snatched the ball next to me. i made a smug remark about his shallow greased up hair and next thing i know he challenged me to a battle. i accepted it and he threw out a squirtle which i think he choose by dumb luck by the way. Seeing how this was our first battle we knew only the bare basics so Professor Oak had gave us pointers on battling. to my surprise squirtle nor charmander didn't know how to use there elemental attack so we were on were on even footing. our pokemon scratched, tackled and growled at eachother but in the end that phony's pokemon defeated charmander. He taunted me and my charmander, incident 5. before he could finish gloating professor oak stepped and asked both of us to run a favor, he wanted us to go the nearest town which is Viridian and get a package from the poke-mart. Green said his traditional catch phrase "smellya later gramps" and barged out of the lab, i soon followed after. Walking through route 1 with Green was the worst, we got abushed by wild pidgey every 3 seonds because he didn't want to walk and when we weren't battling his hairspray was making me gag more then ever, incident 6. we finally got the mart though i wasn't sure if i was going to make it back alive with that walking chemical plant around. we talked to the clerk, mentioned professor oaks name and he gave us both a small package, i decided to ditch green who was looking at selection of ERMGERD YOUR NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS...hair spray. i made it back to the lab and handed the package over and suddenly the atmosphere changed, my eyes started to water and my nose started to burn, it was like someone was cutting onions in front of my face. "i'm back gramps" everyone seem to noticed it as cover there mouths with their arms which makes me wonder how he and Proffesor Oak were immune to that stank. Professor Oak cleared his and said he had a very important question for us. he unraveled the packages and held up in his hand the pokedex 1.0. the speech was long so i'll just give you a tl'dr, he asked us to travel across kanto to fill in the pokedex we both agreed the moment he was simultaneously and gave us 5 pokeballs each. I went home and told my mom then again with the long speeches heres another tl;dr, she told me to be safe and packed me a lunch along with 3000 poke dollars and i departed to start my journey. i ran into the distance breezing through route 1 until incident number 7 happened, i stubbed my toe on a rock, jerk forward, faceplanting into the ground when all of the sudden a mass of wild pidgies swarmed me pecking at me and biting. before i could even reach for the pokeball that had charmander they all fled, my bag torned, my clothes ripped and my lunch gone. Atleast i still got my cash i thought, i can just buy more supplies at the the poke-mart, i brushed myself off and ran to Viridian before they decided to come back and do something awfuller to me. when i did make it there i immediately went to the poke mart to buy new bag and new cloths along with some more food which i ended up ultimately spending most of my money on things i previously had not moments before i left home. i decided to go to check out gmy, my charmander energetic for a battle but me being unlucky as all mighty lord the gmy just happened to be closed, incident 8. i looked at my map and saw their happens to be another gmy in a place called pewter city not too far from here. On route 2 i encounter one of those flying little devils but charmander was able to beat it down easily, i throw a pokemon as the pidgey tries to flee and long story short, charmander learnt ember and it too me 5 attempts before i caught him, soooo now i'm out of pokeballs and i can't buy anymore because i barely have any money left... GREAT....JUST GREAT, incident 9. I had this feeling it was gonna get worst as i went into the dark, scary Viridian forest, at that point i wouldn't be surprise if it did so I ventured deep inside i meet many strange pokemon like a the humble caterpie which at first looked adorable but got quickly annoying and even stranger people apparently obsessed with either shorts or bug pokemon, made some money along the way before getting out of that place as quickly as i got into there, got 2 healthy, loving pokemon along with me to aid in my journey and now for the first time in my quest to be the very best things are looking up for me so remember no matter how bad things get their is always hope, i arrive at the threshold of pewter city and marvel at its beauty.
THE END [/spoiler]

IGN: RedTalon

The Elder Scrolls: Kanto

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

This is only "funny" if you've played skyrim

[/spoiler]

Oh, there once was a pokemon trainer named GloriousWalrus
Who came riding to Pewter from ole Pallet town

(pause)

And the braggart did swagger and brandish his pokemons

As he told of bold duels and nuggets he had made

(longer pause)

But then he went quiet, did Walrus the Glorious
When he met the pokemon-trainer Vegan, who said;

(shorter pause)

"Oh, you talk and you lie and you drink all our potions
Now I think it's high time that you lie down and faint!"

(pause)

And so then came clashing and batteling of pokemons
As the brave lass Vegan charged in, full of zeal

(pause)

And the braggart named Walrus was glorious no more-
When his ugly red head rolled around in the pokecenter!

[/spoiler]

IGN: GloriusWalrus

A perfect start!

[Spoiler]The Pidgeys woke me up. I liked the sound of their singing, but someone didn't..."Shut up, bird-trash!" My brother loved to sleep, the only thing that was always in his way were the Pidgeys. My sister came trough the door..."Good morning, ready for the adventure?" I and my sister Caty were twins, and our brother John was a year older than us, but our Mum didn't allow him to go one year ago, after all, there were those weird things happening in Viridian City... We packed our stuff. Most of mine was food, most of Catys was clothes. Her backpack was like 2 times bigger than mine! After Mum said goodbye we went straight to Professor Oak. He already waited for us, carrying three Pokeballs. "So, did you already decide who you're gonna start with?" Well, and then we began fighting about it, because we all said "Squirtle" at the same moment... But then John got the squirtle, (we played Rock-Paper-Scissors) i got Charmander and Caty Bulbasaur, she wanted it after Prof. Oak told us it's female. John was already gone when Prof. Oak also wanted to give us our Pokedex'. John also had a bike, we didn't, so I had to travel together with Caty. 

After some hours of walking through Route 1 we became hungry, so we started a picnic. I laid down my backpack and started to unpack my sandwiches, when suddenly one of them disappeared. It took a while until I finally found The thief, a male Nidoran. It immadiately attacked me. So i got out my Charmander and fought it. One thing I found out about my Charmander was that it was a retard at aiming. Many Embers missed. And it seems its claws aren't very sharp because scratch didn't do much damage either. And at the end i caught it, meanwhile my sister caught a Spearow just by feeding it...

Viridian City was finally near and we arrived at the Poke-Center. We healed our Pokemon and went on. Since the incident last year the arena in Viridian was closed so we moved on to Viridian Forest.

Once we entered we heard a voice we knew very well. "Hey, how are you doing?" It was our brother John. He had a Pokeball in his hand. "Are you ready for a fight, sister and brother?" Caty was first. She chose her Spearow, John chose his Squirtle. "Spearow use Peck!" With enormous speed Spearow charged forward and was near to Peck Squirtle when it suddenly hid in its shell. Spearow cried out loud. It must have hurt, the shell must be very hard after all. "Squirtle, HYDRO PUMP!" We both were shocked. Squirtle Began charging something. "Spearow, try to avoid it!!" Squirtle stopped charging and opened its mouth.... and some bubbles came out of it. Spearow was that surprised that it flew right into them. It fainted. "Hey, that was a dirty trick!" My sister was furious. "Now you, bro" I was excited. My first battle with a trainer. I chose Charmander, I wanted to practise with it anyway. What new Pokemon does he have? He threw the second ball and revealed a............... Mankey. First I laughed because it looked so stupid with its non-existing torso, but soon it was clear that it was more powerful than I thought. We had a long fight, but my Charmander lost at the end because he used such tricks again. He shouted "use Earthquake!" And I fell for it! (Facepalm) He laughed at us, but we didn't care. He always laughs at us when we do something stupid. "Well, bye!"

And there we were, Pewter City!

My sister had to take pictures immadiately. When we finally arrived at the gym I was very nervous, my sister told i can try as often as I can, but it would have been so shameful to lose 2 times in a row.

Brock said he wanted a fair battle, because some brat used tricks before. (I was sure it was John) So we started.

First my Nidoran fought with his Geodude.

It had a whole load of defense, and Brock also used that very well. Nidoran shot many poison stings, but they weren't very effective. Geodudes Tackles did more damage, but finally, Geodude was poisoned. Then, with the help of the poison and a whole load of Pecks Geodude finally fainted. I decided to draw back Nidoran and to choose Charmander. When Brock brought Onyx all my hope disappeared because of the small amount of damage the Scratch and Ember attacks did. Onyx used Tackle and Charmander took a critical hit to the face. It seemed it was the end when Charmander stood up and jumped onto Onyx' head. Charmander started attacking Onyx' head with scratches, but i knew they wouldn't do anything, but Charmander didn't give up, until suddenly it's claws started to glow. It looked silver... And Charmander hit Onyx' head with the Metal Claw. Onyx' eyes suddenly turned completely black. It fainted. After that battle i got the badge and i gave all my pokemon some good food. But the journey wasn't over yet, it will take a long time........

(Sorry for grammar mistakes as such, english isnt my native language :))

[/spoiler]

IGN: Locay

The Sensation of excitement!

[spoiler]A fresh breezy wind greeted my face as I awoke from my early morning slumber. I got dressed in such a hurry, as I opened the window the gentle warmth of the bright yellow sun touched me with emotion, today was the day...the day I start to embark on a new chapter in my life. "Bye mom i'm not sure when you'll see me again but i'll do my best to stay in touch" I left my house door and for the first time I was finally feeling grown up, Pallet town was pretty dead, not a sound of life about, I think I'll go and explore the first route. My feet where encrusted and surrounded in tall long grass until a man suddenly came out of nowhere and pulled me back, it turned out to be Prof.Oak a top Pokemon researcher, He took me back to his lab where he said I could choose from 3 starter Pokemon in the Kanto region. Bulbasaur looked quite nervous, Squirtle seemed unhappy but Charmander, the elegant fiery glow in it's eyes and it's passion to win it was perfect! Prof.Oak also asked me to get a parcel for him at the Poke'mart in Viridian city this was exciting! Although my rival Gary Oak the Grandson of Prof.Oak also received a Pokemon and he chose the Squirtle. Just as I was about to leave Gary challenged me to a battle, I somehow won I think Charmander new I believed in it. So back to the first route, There's so much long grass around here, Wow a Pidgey! Oops I forgot I don't have any Poke'balls. Some of the long grass started to get steeper as if I was climbing a hill, next to the grass where moderate size ledges which was an easy shortcut back home. Viridian city lived up to it's name the red/white building gleamed off it's beauty as it stood out in front of me, The nurse inside said that she can heal my Pokemon back to full health at any time so that's a relief now off to the Poke'mart. I wanted to buy some Poke'balls but the clerk wouldn't give me a chance to speak as he gave me the parcel and sent me on my way in a flash, I suppose I can get back to town quicker using the ledges I saw. I was back in Pallet now, I walked into the familiar laboratory and delivered the parcel he requested and then gave me a Poke'dex a high tech encyclopedia and five Poke'balls, of course Gary got them as well but I'm not bothered. While going back through route one I saw somebody familiar, it was the clerk from the Poke'mart! As i spoke to him he kindly gave me a potion to heal my Pokemon if they are in danger of fainting and you're not near a Pokemon center I thanked him and went along on my happy quest quietly pursuing my next destination of Viridian forest. I've arrived, the dense green murky forest stood before me as I silently sneaked in as the forest let my presence enter, Well this will be good as there's trainers in here time to test my skills. The first trainer was a bug catcher as all of his Pokemon where bug types well luckily I had a type advantage so he was easily defeated, the next trainer was the same although his Pokemon seemed somewhat tougher with defensive skill so the battle wasn't easy but Charmander surprised me by learning Ember it's first Fire type move, I was so proud of Charmander. Just found an antidote I think it cures the Poison condition so I'm lucky to have found it but it's strange I wonder if somebody maybe accidentally dropped it while walking, who know's but finders keepers for the moment. Aha! I think I can see the way out of this twisted maze but before that I have one more challenge, a trainer stands between me and the light from up in the distance. He was pretty good but Charmander managed to overpower him and steal a stunning style victory earning me granted access to the way out. I finally can now see the glaring sun again as it roars down on me, now I think there's a Pokemon center here-Oh it's Pewter city site of the first gym or should I say the first Big step into my ever-growing Adventure![/spoiler]

IGN: hydroimpact

The Brightest of Lights Flicker

IGN - Vigilantex

[spoiler]

Foreword - So I took a slightly different route with my story. I hope it still meets the requirements as I chose to reflect instead of portraying a chronological series of events. Alas, here is my take and I hope you enjoy.

It wasn't supposed to be this way.. not like this, and especially not now. And yet as I stood there, my knees shaking and weak in total disbelief, it was all I could do to catch myself before the dusky floor of the Pewter City Gym had risen to catch me.

Where had I gone wrong? Was I not cut out for this? Had I been so foolish to think I had what it takes to be a truly great Pokémon master? It was just a week ago from today that I set out from my humble roots in Pallet Town, but even before that day I knew, I had convinced myself this was my destiny, this is how I would make my mark. I would travel the Johto region in the footsteps of great Pokémon trainers before me and solidify my legacy in this great world of ours.

Images fleeted before my eyes. I recalled the first moment I laid eyes on Squirtle. I didn't need to see the other pokemon Professor Oak had to offer, I knew he was the one. I remembered our first battle with my childhood rival Davis, and my first taste of victory. And up until this point, defeat had seemed like something I would never have to experience. So foolish, so very foolish.

It had never crossed my mind to capture any other Pokémon. Squirrtle was all I had needed. We had battled our way through every obstacle thus far with relative ease and confidence. We had dispatched Bug Trainers and Hikers with an accompaniment of five or even six Pokémon in their party. And yet, we persevered, just me and Squirtle. So what went wrong? Squirtle had been so flawless, so dominating...

And then it hit me. It wasn't my pokemon that had failed me, it was myself. Walking into Pewter I was so confident in my ability as a trainer, that I didn't even take the time to visit the Pokecenter. We had just battled our way through the Bug Forest, I should have known that Squirtle was tired. I could even tell in the first battle on our way to Brock that he wasn't at full strength, but in a strange way, it was as if Squirtle was trying to hide it from me. I thought he was just trying to be tough because he really wanted to win, but now I see, more clearly now than ever before, that though he was incredibly exhausted. He hadn't been fighting for himself, he was doing it for me.

The shame I had felt was too much. I didn't even resist when a few tears crept slowly down my cheek. Squirtle had been my only friend on this journey, and I had failed him. I wasn't cut out for this. My Pokémon, my firend was hurting, and I couldn't be bothered by his wellbeing for the sake of winning. And as I sat there, arms folded over my eyes, all I could manage was to mumble over and over "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry Squirtle."

And that's when I felt a nudge against my right arm. I looked down only to notice those same familiar eyes. Nudging my arm away so that he could fit his large yet little head beneath it, he shook his head disapprovingly at my obvious sadness, and with his last bit of strength muttered "Squirtle."

"You did good kid, that's a great Pokémon you've got there. Did you come all the way from Pallet town with just him." - Brock

I nodded, as words were still beyond me.

"I see. Well that's quite an accomplishment. Look kid, losing isn't the end of the world. Do you think I got where I am today without losing every once in a while? Being a Pokémon trainer isn't about always winning, it's about your bond with your Pokémon. And I have to say, I haven't seen a bond like you and your Squirtle have in quite some time." - Brock

The gym Leader reached out his hand and helped me to my feet. I took one last look at Squirtle, and returned my friend to his pokeball for a well deserved rest.

"This isn't the end of the road for you, if anything, this is just the beginning of your own great journey. The potential is there, but it's up to you to realize it. Winning/Losing.. there are important lessons to be learnt with each battle. I wish you the best Coresant, you have a bright future ahead shall you choose to seek it. Even the brightest of lights flicker sometimes"

And with that, I left Pewter Gym. I had entered with my head held high, and my expectations only slightly lower than my ego. Despite the whirlwind of emotions I had just endured, I was only all the better for having dealt with them. This was the life of a trainer, the life I had chosen. Hardships are to be expected and will eventually occur. But I'll make it through.. we will make it through. And so I set off with my trusty friend to train harder, to become stronger. Look out Brock, Pewter City Gym leader.. I'll be back.

[/spoiler]

XelaKebert: The Beginning of a Journey

[spoiler]

It was a dark and stormy night when my adventure began. I had taken too long to get ready and was rushing through the streets of Pallet Town to reach Professor Oak’s lab. “Ah, I see you finally made it, Xela,” said Professor Oak, “If you had been just a second late, I would not have had a Pokemon to give you.” “I’m sorry professor,” I said, “Next time I’ll remember to have everything packed earlier.” “No worries,” said Professor Oak, “Now, which Pokemon would you like as your companion?” “Bulbasaur,” I said. “Excellent choice my boy,” said Professor Oak, “Bulbasaur is a fine Pokemon and will make an excellent companion.” “Thank you professor,” I said. “Don’t mention it, Xela,” said Oak, “By the way, would you be willing to run an errand for me?” “What do you need,” I said. “Well, I placed an order for a research item and it was delivered to the General Store in Viridian City, and I am too busy to pick it up,” Oak said, “would you pick it up for me?” “Sure thing professor,” I said. Skipping forward a little bit; the package contained two Pokedexs and I was asked to help complete one. Of course I couldn’t refuse the opportunity to learn as much about Pokemon as I could. I eagerly accepted the task of completing the Pokedex and began my journey filled with much joy and exuberance.

As I was traveling down Route 1, I ran into my friend Ila. She told me that she had just caught a Pidgey and that they are easy to catch. I thanked her for the advice and began to search for one. “Finally,” I thought, “my first chance to capture a companion for my Bulbasaur.” I was crawling around through the brush searching for a Pidgey when suddenly, a rat like creature appeared. I checked my Pokedex for information on the creature and found that it was called, Rattata. “Alright,” I thought, “a chance to make my Bulbasaur stronger.” As the Rattata drew near, I reached for my Pokeball. ”GO BULBASAUR,” I said, “USE TACKLE!” My Bulbasaur began to run furiously towards Rattata, but just as it looked she would land a solid blow, the Rattata jumped out of the way and bit her. “Bulbasaur,” I shouted, “are you alright?” My Bulbasaur shook off the blow and stared angrily at the Rattata. “Alright,” I shouted, “try using tackle again.” She began to charge at the Rattata a second time, but no dice; the Rattata manged to dodge again. “Crafty critter,” I thought, “I’m going to have to rethink my strategy.” This time I noticed that the Rattata had turned its back on me. “Now’s our chance,” I thought, “if I attack now it just might work.” I looked at my Bulbasaur and she nodded. With that she began to charge at Rattata, this time striking a solid blow. The Rattata appeared shaken and I knew that I could get a second blow in before it could have a chance to retaliate. “Use tackle again,” I shouted. My Bulbasaur turned around and charged at the Rattata again. She struck a second solid blow and the Rattata was knocked out. “This Rattata would be a great addition to my team,” I thought to myself. “Go Pokeball,” I shouted. The Pokeball struck and encircled Rattata, closing it within and in seconds, I had captured my very first Pokemon. I never did find a Pidgey that day, but I gained a great partner in that Rattata. I eventually reached Viridian City for the second time.

After stopping for some well deserved rest with my two Pokemon and restocking my supplies, I was ready to forge ahead to Pewter City. I checked the map for the quickest route and found that I had to travel through the Viridian Forest in order to reach Pewter City, a formidable task to say the least, but I was ready. I set out along Route 2 heading towards the forest. Having heard from some locals that Virdian Forest was known for having loads of bug Pokemon, I was eager to explore its vast expanses. Looking ahead, the woodline loomed over of me, like staring into the gaping maw of a monster. I stopped on the edge of the forest for a moment to admire the vast glory of nature; I took a deep breath, and continued my journey.

As I was walking along I heard something rustling in the bushes. “It’s just another Pokemon,” I thought to myself, “it could make another addition to my team.” ‘Hey you,” shouted someone as they lept from the shadows. “Who me?” I said. “Yeah you,  I was hunting for Shroomish here, but you’ll have to do for now,” he said as he reached for his Pokeball. At that moment, I knew what I had to do. “Go Bulbasaur,” I shouted. “Go Mankey,” he said. As we started intently at each other, I knew that this was going to be a difficult challenge. “So this will be a 1v1 battle with no time limit,” he said. “Fine by me,” I said, “Bulbasaur use growl.” At that precise moment my Bulbasaur let out an Earth shaking growl that would have had any other Pokemon shaking in fear, but the Mankey remained unfazed. “Is that the best you got?” the stranger asked, “You’ll have to do better than that if you want to beat me. Mankey, use scratch.” The Mankey lunged towards my Bulbasaur ferociously, intent on scoring a direct hit. “Bulbasaur, get out of the way,” I shouted as the Mankey drew near. Bulbasaur managed to jump out of way at the last second; avoiding any damage. “Now use tackle,” I shouted. Bulbasaur immediately broke into a ferocious charge and delivered a skull rattling blow to the Mankey, knocking it out. “Oh no, Mankey,” the stranger shouted, “Are you ok? Take a rest.”  The stranger recalled his Mankey and said, “My name is Ransel Kcorb, that was a great battle.” “Thanks, my name is Xela Kebert,” I said, “it was nice meeting you, but I need to get to Pewter City. I hope to see you again.” After a few weeks of crawling through the thick brush in Viridian Forest, I managed to arrive in Pewter City, stronger and more determined than ever before.

[/spoiler]

IGN: XelaKebert

[spoiler]

Ila is pronounced Eyela

[/spoiler]

a pokéman journey:

[spoiler]

bimps woke up. “yay i am finally 10! i can get my pokémon license!” he said, ecstatic and eager. “I WONDER WO MY STARTER POKEMAN WILL BE, MAYBE MMMM PIKACHU HE GOOD HE CUTE HE FIIIIINE” he said, being the uncultured swine he is. he got up out of bed, put on his clothes, and cart wheeled downstairs. “good morning swe-” “♫ I WANNA BE, THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAAAS♫”. “calm down bimps, you need to eat before going off” “k”. he ate his turkey sushi as fast as he could. “k bye” said bimps mom. bimps cart wheeled out the door, and into the grass. “STOP!!” professor oak said, who just woke up. “EH THERE IS DANGEROS POKEMAN DONT GO IN YOU MIGHT DIEEEE”. bimps followed oak to the lab. his rival, willard was already there. “what took you so long, i want to pick my pokemaaaan” “shush willard, you’ll get it eventually” bimps then asked “WHERE’S PIKACHUUU” then oak slapped him. “YOU CHOOSE FROM ONE OF MY THREE STARTER POKÉMON AD YOULL LIKE IT, GO CATCH YOUR DAMN PIKACHU IN VIRIDEAN FOREST.” he picked charmander because, once again, hes an uncultured swine. “hmm, i guess ill pick squirtle then” said willard, triumphantly. bimps was about to leave and go adventuring. willard then battled him, and charmander know was a scar because squirtle is a tank i guess. while no one was looking, willard stole bulbasaur.

bimps feel face first on the grass, and when he looked up he saw a pidgey. he ate it. he then ventured on into viridian city, he knew what pokéballs were, so he went into the pokémart. “HEY, YOU KNOW A GUY NAMED PROFESSOR OAK?” “yeah whatcha want” “TAKE HIS PARCEL ABCK TO HIM, HE LEFT IT HERE” “but i do-” “TAKE IT” he through oaks parcel at bimps. bimps ventured back to pallet town, and willard was there making a fake pokéball for the stolen bulbasaur. “wtf do you want bimps” “HEY CAN YOU TAKE THIS TO YOUR DAD K BYE” and bimps also mugged oak and got a pokédex.

once he got back to viridian, bought some pokéballs, and caught some horrible Pokémon. he looked around, mugged some more people, and remembered the elite four thing. “HM, THEY HAVE  NO CHANCE AGAINST MEEEE”. and died. his charmander reincarnated him somehow. he, feeling sad, continued with his journey. he got into bug forest, and trained up his pokémans, and caught a weedle. “WHERES THE PIKACHUUUUUUUS?!?!” he then mugged some trainers.

he got out, and realized: he was there.

[/spoiler]

ign: Bimps

The journey of the unknown charmander.

[spoiler]

It was an ordinary and peaceful day, when it all began.
Pr. Oak let us out of our pokeball, my two fellow pokemon and I, looked at us right in the eyes and said solemnly :
-Today is a great day for you, my little ones. I'm waiting for two trainers to come. Which means that two of you will go with them, on a fantastic and wonderful journey ! They are beginners, but I am sure they'll do their best to take good care of you. Be nice with your new trainers !
Then he called us back in our balls, then it was the waiting. Waiting and anxiety.
Which ones of us will be chosen ?

Wich one of us will have to stay here, watching the two others in their happiness to see their dream coming true. Wich one will be left behind, with Sadness and Disappointment as new fellows ? Wich one will have to wait again, for a new trainer, and until when ?

The fate was quickly decided. Late in the morning, as I was worriying, I heard new voices. One from a boy, the other one from a girl. And after a few minutes that looked like an eternity... I was called out. I was still in the lab, but I was in front of my squirtle fiend, Bob. Its trainer was the Pr. Oak's grandson. Mine was... a girl in green. Green eye, green hair, green clothes... I was amazed she didn't choose Todd the bulbasaur.
And without further ado, the battle began. Thanks to my speed, and the Tail Whip attak of my opponent, I won.

My trainer and I went out of the lab. The weather was bright and sunny. Then she said :
-I'm Leanis. Nice to meet you, Charmander !
I complained :
-I am a charmander but not the only one ! My name is...
But she didn't hear anymore. She was already on the Road 1...

The travel to Viridan City was fast and pleasant. We fought no strong pokemon, only some pidgey and rattata. We met some other trainers, but they didn't pay attention to us, taken by their own fights against wild pokemon. But I have to admit I was a little tired when we reached our goal.
And what a city !

It wasn't the biggest of Kanto, but there was so many people ! New trainers, experienced trainers... Some were fighting in the street, others were trading... Some were followed by cute pokemon, others by big and ferocious-looking pokemon... And I even saw some shinies...
Some were shouting things like “Want to Trade...” “Looking for...” I even heard a :
-Fresh fish ! Fresh fish ! Cheap fish ! And their antidotes !

Leanis decided to buy some ball to add some fellow to our team. Unfortunately, the shopkeeper had no pokeball anymore. Instead of that, he had a package to deliver to Pr. Oak. What a delightful shopkeeper. Utilizing his customers like that... The travel back to Pallet Town was a formality. The good part of that detour is that my trainer got a pokedex. And a map from an inhabitant.
At least we didn't loose our time...

Back to Viridian City, Leanis could at last buy some balls. Then she looked at me, blinked and say something weird :
-Time to play the noob !
Then she headed to a guy who was shouting that he was handing over some pokemon. She came back to my side two minutes later and said proudly :
-Look at that ! A new fellow ! Go !
The ball released a male duskull. I felt it was stronger than me, but not a lot. I said to it :
-Welcome in the team ! My name is...
-Names are a futility, as death make us all equal in oblivion.
-Er... Nice to meet you too...

And finally we headed to Viridian forest. The name of that forest was an euphemism. The forest was green, viridian, jade and emmerald colored. And it provided us three companions.
The first one was a caterpie...
“Hi, my Name is...
-Don't burn me !” .
The second one a pikachu.
“Hi ! My name...
-I'll kill you all, you cursed trainer !”
And the third, after some hours of search, was a shroomish. (“Don't burn me” again). Named respectively Caterpie, Pikachu and Shroomish. So original...

And eventually... the night was beginning to fall and Leanis decided to camp with us all. She was very excited.
-It's the first time I camp !
But the excitement didn't last long....
Finding a good spot to camp was difficult. “Too much mud. Too much bugs. Too wet...”
Then, she had to cook... and light up a campfire. She tried by knocking two rocks against each others, grumbling things like “It looked easier in films... Ah, I get it ! Or not...”
Finally, I decided to help and used Ember.... and burned her eyebrown.

And then she had to sleeep. She clamed : “Time to sleep ! It will be awesome to sleep under the stars !” with a victory pose.
But the floor was too hard.
Then she turned and turned again. And again.
Then there was a root hurting her back.
Then she had to satisfy a natural need.
Then she heard a far away shout of a pidgey and screamed.
Then she heard something moving in the near bushes and screamed.
Then she saw the red glowing eyes of Duskull and screamed.
Then we started to gamble of what will be next.
-Then she'll find a bug in her sleeeping bag !
And joining the move to the speech, Caterpie crawled in her sleeping bag. She screamed.

The next morning, we arrived in Pewter City. We, pokemon team, were sure we'll have a lot of fun henceforth, traveling around the world with that so ungifted but lovely trainer. Oh and by the way...
My name is...

[/spoiler]

IGN : Leanis

(998 words exactly. Hope you'll like it. And good luck everyone !)

[spoiler]Pokémon, I 'Choose' You!

Dear Dairy,

Once again, I woke up in the same boring environment. The same bed, the same smell in the air. The worst of it all is that stupid floral on the roof. I've never been fond of my family, not that I have much of one. My mother expected a girl and my father died in the war. I don't have any relatives who live close to me. At the end of the day, I'm pretty lonely.

My room is fairly plain. All I have is a broken computer, a outdated console and a bunch of dust-covered books. Nice going, mum. Teenagers love books. I've considered just ditching this place and going to live somewhere else. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I can't do anything by my self. That's another thing that gets on my nerves. I hate relying on people, but I have no choice. Looking back on my past, I'm glad I decided to leave the house that day.

My mum wasn't in the house for some reason. She probably would have ignored me anyway. So, with nothing to lose but a selfish attitude, I headed outside. The gentle breeze brushed against my face, pushing my long, black hair to one side. Back then, I was just a kid who thought I was invincible. With no fear, I took a step forward into my journey that awaits.

"WAIT!" shouted some old guy as he ran towards me. I was often scared by the presence of others ever since my brother disappeared.  At that time, more and more children were vanishing without a trace. I was ready to scream with both fear and anger at the same time. This old man, I realized he was the professor of this small town, so I was a little more at ease. He told me that he had a gift for me, and to follow him. I hesitated because I was not entirely sure this man was someone who I could trust. Eventually, I followed him. I'm glad I made that decision.

His lab was a rather small, run down building with not much too it. He said one thing and one thing only.

"Daryl, I'm sorry for the events that recently occurred." He said in a deep and serious tone. He then proceeded to say "May this small gift bring
some brightness onto the bad news."

I didn't have the slightest clue what he was talking about, but I accepted as any kid would. It was a Pokeball containing a Pokemon. I didn't really care for the stupid thing. I thought I could make some money if I sold it. I headed outside to see someone waiting for me. To this today,
they have been my greatest enemy in life. His whole appearance irritated me.

Everything about him from his torn trousers to the fierce look he carried. Not to mention his backwards cap. He looked at me and laughed.

"Hey, twerp, battle me!" He said.

I knew I couldn't win, but I accepted anyway. The first and only Pokemon he sent out was Raichu. I still had no clue what I had, so I tossed the Pokeball into the air and hoped for the best. It was a weak looking Pokemon that I have never seen before. I didn't even know it's name. How was I supposed to issue commands?

"Ralts, huh?" He said with a cocky attitude.

It only took one attack. I went to pick my Pokemon up and walk away since there was no hope. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning came from the sky, striking us both. After that, I 'blacked out.'

I woke up in some building with burns around my body. It was like I was in a warm hospital. A old lady stumbled over to me.

"Thank goodness, you're alright!" she claimed in a grizzly voice.

"W-Where a-!" I tried to speak, but coughed up blood and passed out once again.

I woke up again with no one around me. The TV was turned on. I glared at it to see a reporter on some urgent news.
The broadcast was short and contained a message that forever changed my life.

"Earlier today a local resident, Becky Dixon and Pewter Gym Leader, Brock, were both killed in a mysterious assault. More news to come
later."

A single tear leaked down my face. I swore to get revenge but what can a little kid like me do?

[/spoiler]End of chapter one, I guess. Not like it's going to be continued. Not much of a journey, either. It passed some time away which was nice.

Anyone who can guess why I chose the unfitting title that I did wins cookies.

IGN: oldmanrowley

Spoilers for if I continued the story.

[spoiler]The man who had the Raichu was Ash.

My brother, who was working with a evil organisation killed Brock and Becky.

The story was told next to professor Oak's grave.

In the future, My brother and co. take over Hoenn.

Oak was on the verge of death anyway from a mysterious disease caused by something not yet decided,

My brother, you could call him Merle, is seen as a good person by the public as they are unaware of his crimes.

When Daryl, kills Merle, Daryl is seen as a enemy by the world of Pokemon and engages in a final battle with many Gym Leaders and E4 members in which he is killed.

Somewhere a long the line, Ash either dies or comes back to his senses.[/spoiler]

Note: I was planning on the 'The Walking Pokemon' but that wouldn't go too well.

Savior

[spoiler]A lone spotlight cut into existence, illuminating only a sliver of the damp, dark room. Snapping back into consciousness, the first thing he noticed was a gaping hole where his memory should have been. What was happening? Where was he? Who was he?

Muffled speech emanated from the darkness in what he could only hope was a corner of the room. An outline of a man crept into the light’s view, elderly but clean-shaven, sporting a kind yet determined demeanor. “What is your name?” said the old man, echoing the exact thoughts of the one he had just addressed.

Fighting a splitting headache, the man strained to think, an unusually difficult task given his surroundings.

I have no idea who I am, or who you are. Please tell me where I am! Please tell me how I got here!

With some effort, those words materialized in the brain and began their short but crucial journey to the mouth. His lips, upon receiving the message, relayed the following: “….”

“Alright, I’ll call you ‘Blue,’” the old man offered, calm smile still intact.

Horrified, ‘Blue’s’ mind spun into a controlled nosedive. Slowly, the eerie scene around him began to rotate as his consciousness drifted away once again. He could hear the elderly man continuing his rather one-sided discussion, but the words were incomprehensible. As the darkness descended again, a lone image flashed into ‘Blue’s’ fragmented mind: a young girl, dressed in overalls and a pink shirt, frolicking playfully in a familiar backyard.

Sarah.

Fittingly, the last thing ‘Blue’ had seen before he passed out was the first thing he recognized since he had awoken.

- - -

The cheery tones of an alarm clock woke him from his slumber. He appeared to be in a child’s room, albeit one oddly lacking in decoration of any kind. For some reason, an old computer sat in the corner, and was that a SNES on the floor? And where was the alarm clock? The eerie sounds droned on, penetrating every fiber of his being.

Where am I this time?

Disoriented though he was, ‘Blue’ simply could not shake from his mind his vision of that girl. He knew now that this was no longer about him. Operating purely on instinct, he ambled slowly down the stairs to the room below. A woman sat at the table, her vacant gaze fixed on the wall. He had so many questions, if he could just talk to someone, maybe he could start gathering answers. Once again, though, his voice evaded him. The woman turned and began to utter something, but ‘Blue’ was already out the door, desperately seeking fresh air and an escape from that dreadful music.

He emerged into blinding daylight. When his vision finally adjusted, he realized he was in a small town. To the south, he could see only water. To the north, he could see only grass. To his left and right, high walls towered above. And to his horror, the music hadn’t ceased; it had only changed. ‘Blue’ contemplated searching one of the nearby houses for information, but decided against it. What good was he without the ability to speak?

Feeling his mind begin to spiral again, he desperately ran for the northern grass, which presumably represented his only escape from this place. Hitting a full sprint, he started to hear what sounded like growling emanating from the mysteriously high stalks. Out of nowhere, a firm hand on his shoulder stopped him in his tracks. Whirling around, ‘Blue’ locked eyes with a familiar face. Staring back at him with that same unwavering smirk was the elderly man from before.

“Blue! Don’t go out there, it’s unsafe! Wild pokemon live in tall grass!”

Pokemon?

The old man guided the dazed ‘Blue’ with him to an enormous laboratory. Once inside, ‘Blue’ struggled to absorb the information hurled at him. The man’s name was ‘Professor Oak,’ he had gathered, and the creatures he referred to were monsters that inhabited the entire world. Only by using a monster of his own would he be safe. Still reeling, ‘Blue’ absently selected a strange red and white ball from the table next to him, received a set of instructions from the professor, and left the building.

Am I going insane? he thought to himself, carefully making his way north through the tall grass. Or is this some kind of game? Either way, it doesn’t matter. She’s the only thing that matters.

With this realization, something inside him changed. ‘Blue’ was no longer the awestruck shell of a man that woke up in a strange room in a strange town. Suddenly his movements became more purposeful, his actions driven by a deep sense of affection, and strangely, guilt.

On he trudged through the treacherous terrain, meeting task after task with impeccable acuity and resolve. Strange creatures, like those out of a child’s nightmare, leapt out of the shadows of the grass, but with the flick of the wrist ‘Blue’s’ own monstrous companion dispelled them with a blast of flames. A new city brought new surprises, but he refused to be phased, completing the professor’s task then promptly journeying further north.

‘Blue’ didn’t know his real name, or how he had gotten himself into this situation. He didn’t remember his past, he wasn’t very sure about his present, and he certainly didn’t know what the future held. Yet as he approached the end of a very strange forest, what ‘Blue’ knew for certain was the only thing that mattered.

I will find you, Sarah.

- - -

The girl strained against the strong ropes connecting her to the oversized chair, but it was no use. To her left, three men huddled around the archaic screen, observing the man’s every movement. Raising a crude phone to his mouth, one of the men spoke.

“He’s through the forest, Boss. You really think he’ll pull this off?”

A thunderous voice echoed through the other end of the device.

“He has no choice.”
[/spoiler]

998 words.

IGN: Gunthug

Title: The Boy Who Search for Friends

[Spoiler] Day and night, day and night.

Fighting and fighting. never knowing whats going to happen.

here comes a kid with wishes and aspirations to become a pokemon master.

It was a start of a journey that i wouldn't expect that got me hooked up.

As the same Oldies, Prof Oak offered starters, I picked Charmander. the journey that was on a stand still begone moving again.

As moments later my rival challenge me to a duel. ( I won of course) As i step out of Prof. Oak's  house I started my Journey. Weird because it was my first time seeing many people playing a MMO Pokemon(none the less it was entertaining, we were all there for the same thing -- it was the love for Pokemon).

I traveled and walked along the grass, got my first encounter of another POkemon (Ratata) it was a rat pokemon ahahah. I was amused that every aspect of the game was full of enjoyment and pleasure. As i got to Veridian there were alot of people (Screaming LF WTT - - Shinnies and TMs and Pokemons) i got surprised. a lot of them were old dudes. which was really entertaining.

I head north until i got to the forest and there i trained my  charmander to become a charmeleon, expecting that Brock and his pokemons  are all ground and rock type. I trained until my Charmeleon learned Metal Claw to be used in the upcoming battle ahead of me.

Now everything was set,  I was at the center at Veridian( now started to travel up north and over  the forest to Pewter Gym). 

As i was delayed in the forest, encountered a lot of grass Pokemons, I encountered an Icon of the POkemon World ( PikachU!!), Lucky i had some pokeballs in the bag-pack.

Finished with the duel and catching Pikachu that would be useful in the later part of the game. I just got out of the Forest and Headed straight to Pewter Center to heal my pokemons.

Entering the gym nostalgia came across me, remembering what it was like to only play Pokemon with friends in a connector, and now it was the net that provided us with interaction and socialization.(Thankful of PokeMMO that it develop a format that could be downloaded and played with a lot of people around the world 24/7)

Done with the first minion in the gym, I face Brock head on (battled my heart all the way) it was a real pain that if he used earth quake my pokemon would instantly die so i what i did was kill as fast as i could. Just attack and attack until i win. Luckily I won, not to mention i only had 3 pokemons with me a ratata, a pikachu and charmeleon.

Fast Forward>>>> Now Im finished with the E4, Sevii Islands  and only completing my Pokedex..

Looking back i was only a little trainer now im one who flies and travel the lands with my trusty pokemon beside me....HEHEHEHEHEHEH

(FInished the Gym and Brock then started my next Destination to greatness.....) 

[/spoiler]

IGN: Arkylous

The Road to Pewter City

The first thing I heard that morning was the sound of my alarm clock. For a few seconds I did not even think of leaving my heavenly bed but then I remembered. How could I be so stupid to forget! I was 10! That day I was going to start my Pokémon journey! I had always dreamt of being a trainer ever since I was a kid. I leapt out of my bed, banged my hand down on my alarm clock and gazed out the window. ‘’I can’t believe this is actually happening!’’ I whispered quietly to myself. ‘’Today I’m going to become a Pokémon trainer with Pokémon a pokédex and everything. I put on my favourite blue jeans and purple t-shirt. I quickly brushed my red hair, grabbed my bag and rushed down the stairs. ‘’Well someone’s up early’’ declared Mum. ‘’Now eat up I made your favourite, pancakes.’’ I gobbled my breakfast up. ’’Don’t eat so fast!’’ said Mum. ‘’ You’ll get sick!’’ I ignored her and ate the last of my pancake. ‘’Well I’d better get going. Bye.’’

I ran out the door towards professor Oaks lab. I walked in bet couldn’t see him anywhere. I asked his assistant. ‘’He said he was going to do some research on route 1’’ he replied. So I set off for route 1. I stepped into some grass but something was different about this sort of grass. ‘’STOP!!!’’ someone cried. ‘’Wild Pokémon appear in the tall grass!’’ I spun round to see Professor Oak. ‘’You better have a good excuse young lady’’ he said. ‘’S-sorry’’ I apologised. ‘’You see I had no idea wild Pokémon appear in the long grass.’’ Then he said ‘’ Never mind. Now why don’t we go back to the lab for your very first Pokémon?

Soon we were back at the lab. Then my rival, Harry, appeared. When we were kids we used to fight over who was going to be the better Pokémon trainer. ‘’ Sorry I’m late’’ he panted. ‘’You see-‘’. ‘’Doesn’t matter why your late said professor Oak. ‘’What matters is that you’re here now but since you were late Jayme will have the first choice. Now who will you choose, bulbasaur a grass type, squirtle a water type, or charmander a fire type. I thought for a few seconds and then I chose.’’ I choose charmander. I declared. ‘’A very wise choice’’ said the professor. ‘’ And now what about you Harry? Who will you choose?’’. ‘’ I’ll have squirtle,’’ he said. ‘’ Ok,’’ said professor Oak. ‘’Now here are your pokedexes, pokeballs and badge cases. Have a nice time exploring the Kanto region and come and visit every so often so I can see how much progress you’ve made.’’ I was just about to leave when harry challenged me to a battle how could I refuse.

Harry sent out his squirtle and I sent out charmander. ‘’ This is so cool!!!’’ I thought to myself ‘’my very first battle!’’ ‘’Charmander use growl’’ I said. My charmander let out a horrifying sound. Squirtle didn’t look too happy about it. ‘’Squirtle use tackle,’’ said Harry. Squirtle threw itself into charmander. I kept telling charmander to use growl while squirtle kept using tackle.’’ Now charmander lets wrap this up! Use scratch!’’ I shouted. Charmander dug its claws into squirtle who let out an agonizing cry and then fainted.’’ We WON!!!’’ I cried. ‘’ I’ll beat you next time said Harry, and then he ran out the door.

Just as I was leaving Pallet town my mum ran up to me. ‘’ You almost forgot the new shoes I got for you,’’ said mum. ‘’And also Harry’s sister, Daisy, wanted to give you this map of the Kanto region. ‘’Thanks so much Mum,’’ I replied. ‘’ Tell Daisy I said thanks too. Bye!!!’’ and I set off on my journey onto route 1.

There weren’t many Pokémon on route 1 and they weren’t that strong either but a nice man did give me a potion. Charmander levelled up a bit and learnt how to use ember. Before we knew it we had reached Viridian city. ‘’First things first,’’ I thought to myself. I healed my charmander in the Pokémon center. ‘’ Excuse me,’’ I said to nurse joy. ‘’Do you know how get to pewter city from here?’’ ‘’Yes,’’ replied nurse joy. ‘’ You go through route 2 and the Viridian forest which are just north from here.’’ So I followed nurse joys directions through route 2 and after that the viridian forest.

I looked into the thick forest in front of me. ‘’I can’t wait to see all the Pokémon that live here,’’ I said to charmander who was walking beside me. We made our way through the long grass and bumped into a Pikachu. ‘’Wow,’’ I screamed ‘’Pikachu are supposed to be really rare!!! Charmander use ember.’’ Charmander let a blast of flames out from its mouth. Pikachu used a small electric shock on charmander. ‘’ I think that was a thundershock,’’ I declared to charmander. ‘’ Use ember one more time!’’ Charmander once again let out red hot flames from its mouth. ‘’ Ok it should be weakened now. GO POKEBALL’’ I screamed. I crossed my fingers as the pokeball tottered from side to side and then a few little stars popped out. ‘’YES’’ I screamed. ‘’ I caught Pikachu.

Before I left the forest I battled a few bug catchers and also caught a shroomish. Soon were on the other side of route 2. ‘’ Are you ready guys?’’ I asked my Pokémon. ‘’ We’ll be battling Brock soon.’’ I then walked down the road. The road to Pewter city.

IGN-jaymetheswag

Title: A totally rad story

[spoiler]

Yo yo my bro, you won't believe what happened to me this morning.

So like, I get out of bed like every other mornin' and play some call of duty on my NES.

But then I get bored and hungry and ask my mom to make me some food, but she says there's no food in the house. I'd have told her to go shop but I don't have a job and she could kick me out, so I put on my hoodie and my kicks and go out to buy some milk and eggs and stuff.

So I head north to the next neighborhood, but then there's this old dude who's like probably eighty or so and didn't wanna let me through. So I'm like "Yo punk what's your problem? Get outta my way!" And he's like "Sorry homie but you need a pokemon to get through here or else you're gonna get killed by some wild ones, or worse, mugged."
That old man's got a priority problem but he was gonna give me some free stuff so I followed him home.
He talked like, forever about his work and hobbies but I kinda forgot to listen. Boring as hell. And there was this other kid with a weird haircut. Thinks he's cool beans. Looked like a thug to me.

But so the guy was like "Okay my bros now you can have a pokemon" so I'm like "damn yeah finally" and I take the lizard with its tail on fire. I mean come on that's totally kickass sweet. The other guy was pissed because I got to choose first, but he took the turtle thing. Obviously he'd go turtle because that last pokemon was like, I don't even know what it was but ewww.

So I'm about to head off to get them damn milk and eggs 'cause I'm starving but this flippin' kid was talking shit about how my dad left us, but you know how that's not true. I knew he was just trying to provoke me and was lookin' for a fight, I knew I could just back off, but I didn't have to forgive this  kid. Like, he needs to know not to mess with me if he don't wanna get hurt.

So I looked him in the eye and could see he was intimidated. That's right, just by looking he was peein' himself. So I called out my totally rockin' lizard and he called out his pitiful turtle. I stared the kid down while my lizard scratched the turtle's face off. He was just wigglin' his tail at me like an idiot. I don't know what he was thinking but his turtle fainted from the pain and the guy started crying like a chick. Even though I wrecked completely him he tried to play cool and ran away and said "Smell you later!"
Listen listen this is the coolest part:
And then I was like "No, smell YOU later!" BAM! right back at him! He didn't see it coming, that comeback! Mmmmh! And then I went out and the lab exploded! I'm serious man, it flippin' exploded. It was the coolest feeling ever.

Then I'm like "Oh shoot the food!" So I run as fast as humanely possible up to the store and get those groceries. My usual dealer was just at the counter too and so he's like "Yo homie I got something for your neighbor, can you take it to him?" I was like "sure homie". I finally ate with my mom and then took the plants to the old guy's lab. Well I mean, whatever was left of it,

And out of the blue, he offered me a job. Yeah man. Just like that. A full-time job as his assistant. So I get to keep the pokemon, and I get to live and eat at his expense, all I gotta do is run around catch some pokemon. So he gives me these balls and sends me off! I also got this sweet calculator or something that talks!

So I left immediately, man! Don't wanna go back to mom, her food's not exactly high quality anyway.
So I ran around like a dork in the grass but it's ok, it was worth it. Was for the job. I found a bird and a rat and threw some balls at 'em and it totally worked. I caught them and my phone called me and I'm like "what" and it told me it's a bird and a rat! Totally neat phone.

So I keep looking, find a monkey and stuff, but eventually there's just always the same birds and rats. So I travel a bit farther, out of town, into the creepy forest up there, you know.
Now I remember why I never liked it. So many freaks in there yo. All over their flippin' bugs, like "omg bugs are so cool". Just like teenage girls over shoes or something.
But so yeah all these kids were lookin' at me weird! And before knew it I was surrounded! So I took on like 5 of 'em at once! They were throwin' worms at me but my lizard totally destroyed their bones! He was spittin' out flippin' meteors and all the worms were incinerated! I took all their money and ran the hell outta there, because trees were catchin' on fire and suddenly there were cops all over the place and just when I got out, the forest exploded! I'm not even kidding man, it was totally rad!

So anyway yeahhhhh that's how I got here and why the forest is gone. So uh, since my mom's never gonna let me back in and I'll probably get disowned for messing up a bit, can I stay at your place for a bit? I got a job so I can pay rent yo. Please man? Aight, thanks Brock, you're the man.

[/spoiler]

IGN: Eggplant

Title: You’re gonna go far, kid.

Story:

[spoiler]

I woke up early, just like I do usual.  First thing I do was checking the time. “It’s too early to go, professor Oak will not be in laboratory now”- I think, so I decide to read some book about pokemons. Thanks to Dad I got so many books about training them. That one I open now is about teddiursa who is my real favorite. But I can’t focus, today is big day. I’m going to take Pokémon from Oak.

Not like I do not have one already, to be honest. Dad left me teddiursa to cheer me up before he must go away. Also, mom got a marill, because she loves him.
I finally left home, and met professor Oak and my friend, Laisy in his lab. Laisy smile to me and ask
-Excited?
-I must say, yes! - I respond and give her smile. We do not have time to talk more, because Bink show himself in door.
-Sorry for being late, grandpa!
 Bink- my best enemy. We always were fighting in garden with little caterpies.  Suddenly, Oak say, that we should decide who will pick first, so we played rock-paper-scissors. Laisy won, so she takes her favorite bulbasaur. She always was talking so much about little bulbasaurs, so that was no surprise for me. Then Bink take squirtle, and left building. No surprise too, I always know that we will take favorites. Charmander look excited.
-Bulby.
-Hm?
-I just nicknamed my bulbasaur, Johny.
 Right. A nickname. This is important for trainers to nickname their pokemons, making it more personal. Well...
-Yep! So... Come on Charmy, we are going on an adventure!
Yes, I was always uncreative person. But Charmy seems to like his name.
So do Laisy, who go out with me. Our team goes to the first goal- Viridian City.

Viridian was not a big city, but it was a bridge connecting new trainers with the old ones, on the way to indigo plateu.  It was short walk and we make it to viridian, where trainers seem to fighting. I and Laisy decide to watch for a moment.
-Arcanine, extremespeed! – shout a trainer with blue, wavy hair.
-Not so fast! Vaporeon, protect!
Vaporeon used protect, making arcanine attack ineffective. He was poisoned and in very bad condition. Vaporeon besides look untouched. Arcanine hit the ground.
-Come back. –Trainer takes him to pokeball- It was a good battle, but I must go to pokecenter, later Amier.
I noted in mind that I must find Vaporeon someday.
 After watch some battles we finally go through Viridian Forest. That does not take so much time, because Laisy was never afraid of bug pokemons. I ending catching weedle and she catch a caterpie.  She stands then and focuses her eyes on me.
-I wonder, if Bink will get higher level water Pokémon, yours Charmy will be bad in battle. Maybe we should try to find Pikachu?
-When you say this, I think it is great idea – I respond.
Laisy had more luck than me, she catch little Pikachu some minutes after saying this.
-Laisy, go to Pewter, I will catch you later on Route 3.
She agreed and walks away, and I finally catch Pikachu, nicknamed Pika. Pika seems to be little jolly and playful. I like pokemons this way. Then one trainer show up and ask me to battle. I agreed and… I lost so easy. These trainers Geodude crush my party alone. After battle I end in Pokémon center with Charmy and Pika hurt so much.  I start to think that I am really horrible trainer. I mean, Brock will have not only single Geodude! Then I take out my pokedex for first time and pound him at Charmy. According to what I saw, he will be able to learn metal claw at 13 level. He was 12, so I decide to take off some caterpies.

And finally he reached correct level, and we were able to practice metal claw.
-Charmy, use metal claw at this rock!
Charmy try, but he failed.  According to pokedex it is possible, so I just call this a bad luck. He was not as optimistic like I do. He started to be sad, so I cheer him up.
-Hey, do not worry, you are still fantastic partner.
I can swear he was smiling then.
-So what about smash some rocks?
-Charmander!
And he do, he really do! I was so proud.
So we go back to Viridian Forest to meet this trainer. She was little surprised for my arrival.
-You will do'nt give up? Who will know? But ok, let’s dance.  Geodude, go!
Geodude go inside battlefield, and I start to feel that excited fell inside me. I yelled
-Take him, Charmander!
-Again? His flame attack will do nothing! Geodude, use defense curl!
I smiled  and make Charmy to wait a little. And when Geodude end his attack...
-Charmy, now!
Metal claw cut Geodude in two quickly attacks. Mysterious trainer takes him back to pokeball.
-Try to deal with him, go Golem!
She does not look self-confident now. Good.

Charmander make metal claw again, but Golem was too strong to be killed that way. He hurt a little Charmy. It started to look dangerous.
-Charmy, back! Go, Pikachu!
Yep, I know, Pikachu is electric. But Golem is not got to hit him.
-Pikachu, run around!
I was right. Golem was more and more tired; his attack does not hit Pikachu at all. This is right time
-Back Pika! Go charmy, metal claw!
Golem take one shot, then another and fainted. I make a loud “Yes!” and I hug Charmander.

-My name’s Amy.
-Thank you for battle Amy. And bye!
I walk little away. Then she calls for me.
-Kid!
I turn around.
-You are gonna go far.
I smiled and go to reach Pewter City.

[/spoiler]

IGN: Bearminator

Sorry for bad grammar or mistakes.