Masters Finale Series (50s Singles) [January 17]

quick question, does this mean the [unofficial] tier list are really official? because this + the other tier list being locked/trashed seems to me as official support of that thread as THE thread's for pokemmo.

because there really is no point in keeping those other tier list threads open. LOL

people open other tier list threads and advocate discussions for banning/moving of pokes yet they won't even acknowledge the existing list which also advocate discussions. i think people should try to form more solid arguments instead of making other tier list threads which basically is the same and would just differ with the final decision. (which is entirely pointless because it just clearly shows that the other tier list openers just basically disagree with the decisions happening on the original one hence trying to be anonymous)

just my opinion

Lmao, I can't stop laughing while still being pissed off by reading some of those comments!

Sacky wtf you seem new here so let me introduce you (also a message to many others);

1. ShiChan has nothing to do with the tier list, the tier list is made by YOU, and EVERYONE in this community and NOT by staff, I have no idea why this keeps coming up, where the fuck did you get those ideas from!?

2. ShiChan is so far one of the only few staff members who actually seems to CARE about the comp. community! He is the only one who ACTUALLY hosts, even though we haven't seen tournaments in a while. Wanna know why? No REFEREES is able to help him out. You want tournaments, go join staff or host some unofficials.

3. I'm not going to write more now since this is ridiculous anyways. iirc.

Maybe this is why people is hating on you atm?

[spoiler]

Pls dont ban

[spoiler]hue[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Going back to topic I think that you ShiChan should be open to keep/remove the ban of using curse on snorlax until a day or two before the tournament since there still seems to be some slight disagreement with the decision and maybe someone will do some good points or idk soon which would change snorlax's current state. Usually when you post the list of banned Pokemon in the OP you don't change it even if there have been made changes in the tier list afterwards (between post of OP and battling day). But in this case I really think you should be open to a change for the ban of using curse on snorlax. ;)

I found it fun to battle without facing curselax but atm I'm not sure what side to stand on, since it's (IMO) on the edge and still is too new for me to decide for a decision on what I think about the use of curse on snorlax. So unfortunately I'm not going to give my opinion on this yet neither any suggestions.

No he really shouldn't, it's not up to him. Staff left it with us, so it's not his job to open up discussion again (not that it was ever closed). If anyone has any more to contribute to this topic they can just post in the tier thread, there is no point posting here. Note when I say 'more' I mean not arguments that we've already seen in the wobbuffet thread. Again, ShiChan should not be confronted about this as he has no control over this matter.

You're right dude, that is the reaility of this game.

i think DD tyranitas are more overpower in this meta than curselax, ban curselax is seriously a bad desicion.

i dont understand how a curselax is a meta-breaker, is a potencial meta-breaker just like any pokemon whit a buff move like calm mind or bulk up, but...isnt that a part of the strategy in pokemon in first place?

i like to know when we can vote for banning shinychansey for tournaments organization, sorry dude, but since u r in charge the things are going just bad

Community =  those in control of the ban lists.

Its ok, that was a mistake and i think u know it. Now please make a real ban list based on the community oppinion.

If you think managing tiers will ever be a full community decision you are very wrong. Even if we would step up, votes are the wrong way of making tier decisions. The simple fact that you don't understand this is enough proof. What I'm trying to say is: a tierlist based on the whole community's opinion will A) never happen and B) the whole concept is unrealistic; unachievable.

@Sacky: DD Tyranitar will probably be suspected aswell, we just want to see some tournaments before we continue. That said I do not know how broken DD Tyranitar really is and if something is suspected it doesn't mean it is getting banned.

Further more you are wrong as to saying that Curse on Snorlax is the same as using Bulk Up or Calm Mind on any other Pokémon, I could go in to detail why this is. But I don't want to right now. It has been explained multiple times and you can easily look it up (it has probably been said in the wobbu thread as well).

Done.

No he really shouldn't, it's not up to him. Staff left it with us, so it's not his job to open up discussion again (not that it was ever closed). If anyone has any more to contribute to this topic they can just post in the tier thread, there is no point posting here. Note when I say 'more' I mean not arguments that we've already seen in the wobbuffet thread. Again, ShiChan should not be confronted about this as he has no control over this matter.

Hmm I think you misunderstood me :/

I was just saying that since a lot of people is complaining about it, maybe some of them will convince us in the tier list thread that it should be allowed to use curse on snorlax. In that case I think ShiChan should be open to a change in the rules in the OP where the use of curse on snorlax is stated as banned until a day or two before the tournament takes place. Mostly because it's such a new a new decision.

I was just saying this since we have seen tournaments (some UU tournament in october) where Espeon was banned from uu after a tournament was made, where they decided to keep Espeon unbanned in the tournament since that was the rules from the beginning. And here I think an exception should be made for Curse on Snorlax as I said because it's a very new change, many players seems upset and maybe some of them will go convince others to unban curse on snorlax. In which case I think we shouldn't "ruin" the masters tournament with the "old"(those we have now) rules. But that might just be me haha :P

this is his tournament he's hosting, he could easily unban them.

If they're unbanned he'll have you, barrage, senile mad at him, where as leaving it banned he has the last 3 pages of this thread, and probably more pages to come, mad at him.

EDIT: also, lol "not that it was ever closed" tell that to the locked wobbu tier thread, and now when anyone says anything about it in the OU tier thread all they get is "you should have said something when the other thread was open"

this is his tournament he's hosting, he could easily unban them.

No that isn't how it works.

@edit: to bad nobody is actually giving arguments. They are just complaining now, while we didn't even see them post a proper post in the wobbu thread. Discussion is never closed and saying the wobbu thread is locked wouldn't be a good argument, I don't know who said that but as long there are some proper posts arguments are always considered.

I really still don't get how this can be a decision made by the community.

This was a decision made by the self-proclaimed representatives that the community didn't care too much about before because at ANY other time of conflict we would've just decided it with a community-wide vote, in which case it was all fine because at that point what ever majority rules (looking at Ludicolo and Espeon here) 

The difference with this "community made" decision, is that it really was not community made. inb4 hurr durr we can't vote on everything, that'd be bad, that's not what smogon does. I dunno if this has been made clear enough in the past every single argument to ever exist on these forums but WE AREN'T SMOGON.

I really don't care for whether or not curselax is banned here, I'm not even playing in this tourney, but my only point is stop trying to call this decision one that was made by the community, when it's very well shown here (this whole thread) that it most certainly was not.

EDIT: Oh and as for "no one gave us a good argument" I really don't give a flying fuck whether people were able to sway the opinions of those "in charge" of the tier lists or not, that's not how a "community" decision would work.

I really still don't get how this can be a decision made by the community.

This was a decision made by the self-proclaimed representatives that the community didn't care too much about before because at ANY other time of conflict we would've just decided it with a community-wide vote, in which case it was all fine because at that point what ever majority rules (looking at Ludicolo and Espeon here) 

The difference with this "community made" decision, is that it really was not community made. inb4 hurr durr we can't vote on everything, that'd be bad, that's not what smogon does. I dunno if this has been made clear enough in the past every single argument to ever exist on these forums but WE AREN'T SMOGON.

I really don't care for whether or not curselax is banned here, I'm not even playing in this tourney, but my only point is stop trying to call this decision one that was made by the community, when it's very well shown here (this whole thread) that it most certainly was not.

EDIT: Oh and as for "no one gave us a good argument" I really don't give a flying fuck whether people were able to sway the opinions of those "in charge" of the tier lists or not, that's not how a "community" decision would work.

Sorry but smogon has been doing tiering for what... more than 5 years? It's not bad to take them as an example. We are not saying 'voting is bad because smogon doesn't let you vote', that is retarded. We already gave solid points as to why voting for bans can be actually bad. I already addressed the point about Espeon (forgot about Ludi) earlier I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again. I also already talked about the community thing in a few posts before, not going to type the same shit over again.

There were no opinions that 'needed to be sway'. That assumption in itself is already wrong. Atleast I, don't have any bias regarding suspects. I can't say the same for Senile :P he was pretty persistent on a ban. Again a 'community' decision doesn't exist. And if you believe it does, you are ignorant in believing so (yes even with votes).

Sorry but smogon has been doing tiering for what... more than 5 years? It's not bad to take them as an example. We are not saying 'voting is bad because smogon doesn't let you vote', that is retarded. We already gave solid points as to why voting for bans can be actually bad. I already addressed the point about Espeon (forgot about Ludi) earlier I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again. I also already talked about the community thing in a few posts before, not going to type the same shit over again.

There were no opinions that 'needed to be sway'. That assumption in itself is already wrong. Atleast I, don't have any bias regarding suspects. I can't say the same for Senile :P he was pretty persistent on a ban. Again a 'community' decision doesn't exist. And if you believe it does, you are ignorant in believing so (yes even with votes).

my entire point here is that all shinychansey has said is "we leave it to the community to decide bans" and I, as well as you at this point, are both saying that's not true.

So again it really comes down to who gets to decide these things, and what should give those people the right to decide them.

~cliff notes version~ group #1 "lets ban curselax for the good of the community." group #2 "we are the majority and we dont want it banned."

staff "we dont want to get involved fix it yourself."

staff doesnt want to get involved. group #1 wont change their decision unless they can be convinced it's the right thing to do. group #2 is very unhappy.

sounds like we need to create new system for tier'ing so both groups can get their say.

Lmao, I can't stop laughing while still being pissed off by reading some of those comments!

Sacky wtf you seem new here so let me introduce you (also a message to many others);

1. ShiChan has nothing to do with the tier list, the tier list is made by YOU, and EVERYONE in this community and NOT by staff, I have no idea why this keeps coming up, where the fuck did you get those ideas from!?

2. ShiChan is so far one of the only few staff members who actually seems to CARE about the comp. community! He is the only one who ACTUALLY hosts, even though we haven't seen tournaments in a while. Wanna know why? No REFEREES is able to help him out. You want tournaments, go join staff or host some unofficials.

3. I'm not going to write more now since this is ridiculous anyways. iirc.

well, in first place i play pokemmo + than 1 year...i dont waste my time in the forums, i dont think that make me a "new guy"

if u read my post u can see my "complaining" of shinychansey be in charge in tournaments organization was before of my opinion on banning curselax (i hate to say more than 1 time the same thing), so i recomend you to read my post if u want to answer me

by the way, the fact on "nobody else cares about comp community" i dont think so, i take a look in forum and the post of tournaments are the most visited and the topics about comp escene the most replyies (sorry if my english isucks xd)

@Sacky: DD Tyranitar will probably be suspected aswell, we just want to see some tournaments before we continue. That said I do not know how broken DD Tyranitar really is and if something is suspected it doesn't mean it is getting banned.

Further more you are wrong as to saying that Curse on Snorlax is the same as using Bulk Up or Calm Mind on any other Pokémon, I could go in to detail why this is. But I don't want to right now. It has been explained multiple times and you can easily look it up (it has probably been said in the wobbu thread as well).

Done.

the pokemons whit buffs moves are ALL POTENCIAL meta breakers....u can make a machamp for example whit 3-4 bulk up (if the rival let you do it) a pokemon whit a ohko to his counters or walls, in the curselax case is the same thing, u can give him 3-4 curses only if the rival let u do it...the diference of a curselax or a DD user is the option to the rival for do something...i mean...u can put him to sleep, use haze, burn him....a DD user outspeed and ohko everything u can put in front of him

for the calm minds users....i think some people know the slowbro CM, or the espeon CM xd....but like i say in my first post...that is part of the pokemon strategy

i dont say DD tyra have to be banned, i just say DD tyra is more a meta-breaker than a curselax

in the subject of "tier list"...shiny chansey say "the community decides"....but in the topic of wobbu i think was senile who say "ban curselax"....well, i see there and was more people saying not to bann him....but curselax is banned xd

edit: for the refs problems...why the staff dont ask to the people who alwayss be in tournaments and cant playing?...i mean...a reserve n°20 xd...if he dont make it to get in the bracket, ask him to be a ref?

in this master...why dont ask to the people who plays the 100's or doubles and have not master or reserve for this one?

ShinyChansey is only "In charge" of tournaments because he's the only staff member left who likes hosting them. And considering the amount of shit he gets from people who play in tournaments on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised if he stops and there aren't any tournaments left to participate in.

As for Curselax, complaints about it go here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/36796-wobbuffet-tier/

mmmm...i think to have a point if u want me to stop posting

i make here the same thing u make in that topic...if u see...the topic is about wobbuffet, not curselax....is the same here, why u want to i not reply more here?

sorry the off-topic

mmmm...i think to have a point if u want me to stop posting

i make here the same thing u make in that topic...if u see...the topic is about wobbuffet, not curselax....is the same here, why u want to i not reply more here?

sorry the off-topic

The topic isn't about Wobbuffet.

Please keep the argumental posts regarding bans out of this thread. We do not control these things, and never have. We leave it up to you, the community to determine bans.

If you would like to make a complaint or suggestion on the topic, speak to those in charge of the tier lists directly.

I just would like to point out, as im sure its been pointed out b4, the UNOFFICIAL ou list DOES NOT represent the community. It represents two ppl. Going by it for the most important torny of the year was a mistake bc you are going by a list that doesnt represent the community.

I just would like to point out, as im sure its been pointed out b4, the UNOFFICIAL ou list DOES NOT represent the community. It represents two ppl. Going by it for the most important torny of the year was a mistake bc you are going by a list that doesnt represent the community.

I'd like to point out, the unofficial tier lists have been used for over a year by now, if not close to that. If it doesn't represent the community because you don't like a decision, that sounds more like personal bias than an issue with the list itself.

I'd like to point out, the unofficial tier lists have been used for over a year by now, if not close to that. If it doesn't represent the community because you don't like a decision, that sounds more like personal bias than an issue with the list itself.

Except your reason for banning him isnt true. And you refused to listen to anyone who pointed that out to you, And im not the only one who believes that.