The PokeMMO Trainer Art Contest

Hey Rachel. Finally on the judging side:P

So, can I draw an NPC that isn't explicitly a trainer?

Like, a professor or maybe a shop guy or something.

It has to be a trainer with a relevant Pokemon. A shop guy is not OK. You have to be able to battle them in the original games.

Hey Tranz, sorry to spam your thread again but is it alright if our trainer has a Pokemon that they don't use in the games? To be more specific the trainer I have drawn owns a Pokemon that I would like to draw the mega evolution of (for example they have a Charizard and I want to draw a mega charizard). Is this okay?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Also, Kelly, you forget the nipples. 

Hey Tranz, sorry to spam your thread again but is it alright if our trainer has a Pokemon that they don't use in the games? To be more specific the trainer I have drawn own a Pokemon that I would like to draw the mega evolution of (for example they have a Charizard and I want to draw a mega charizard). Is this okay?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Also, Kelly, you forget the nipples. 

It depends on the case. As for your specific case, then yes that is fine.

I'll allow it onto a certain degree. For the generic trainer types/classes I'll allow Male and Female versions, as there is less canon behind them. Try to show the similaraties though so it is clear which trainer class was picked (probably in the clothing, just an idea).

I'M SO GONNA MAKE FAIRY TALE BOY HAPPEN. 

two questions:
1. are gifs allowed?
2. Are alternate colored pokemon allowed (i.e. green flamed ponyta, or a green kingdra)?

Thanks. I may actually take a crack at this competition.

1. I'd prefer not. This might not be fair to the people who chose to draw it by hand for instance. However, you're free to add a gif next to the image if you feel like it (it won't have much impact on the judging though.)

2. Alternate colored pokemon are fine.

Hey. 

So I may edit this to add finishing touches/a background if I have time. If not then here it is: 

I picked a member of the Shadow Triad because they're literately my favourite group of people in the games, and I was fairly obsessed with them for a while. I decided to portray a mega banette with him since one of them uses a banette in the original game and I just assumed given the chance now he would probably use its stone. I decided to make mega banette a bit more purple than he typically is so that he would go well with the trainer. I also did my best to make them seem as though they were very connected and to portray a close bond between trainer and Pokemon. I took another artist's advice (*cough* Rachel *cough*) and listened to music that matched the type of feeling I wanted to communicate with my piece. I ended up listening to the OST of Another (a horror anime), which is fairly eerie and in my opinion it helped me out a lot. I usually would listen to music to focus but this definitely increased by ability to stick to my own creative theme. I also wanted to give the illusion that there was an aura of energy coming up from below but I am unsure if that's obvious to everyone or not. Any way! I hope at least a few people enjoy it, I definitely enjoyed drawing it. 

Thanks to the host and judges for having this contest. I definitely appreciate official art contests since it gives me a chance to enter. GL everyone else who ends up entering. 

o4I48XQ.png

IGN: Keiraz 

Adding proof since most people have included it. Unsure if it's required but I suppose it does not hurt: 

[spoiler]

Lmm2cGR.png

[/spoiler]

Edited by Emlee