[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@thief

Great start, but still very rough.

@Lache

Spearow: The pose is rather unnatural, and the face isn't moemoe yet. The hair is still very rough. The design is a lot more interesting, but quite rough at the moment.

[spoiler]Sky_my_Spearow_Gijinka_by_Chains_Hikary.gijinka____spearow_by_silentsasuke.png

Food for thoughts[/spoiler]

Togetic: Try a variation where you move both eyes (don't enlarge) and put the current second one next to it so I can compare the two. Everything else is great. Make a backsprite for this.

Togepi: When you move the eye over, you shouldn't change the sidebang/hair because you ended up stretching the face/head instead of just moving the eye. Retry the variation. The hair is still wacky. Move the spikes so they start more leftward and is centered around the top of the head instead of having them all just bunched on on center and right.

Golduck: Umbrella and leg are wonky to me but I can't really put my finger on it. Magi can you advise?

Psyduck: The overall is good except for the ahoge. It just stands out too much and doesn't feel like Psyduck's. 

@Sachi

Those 20 Klinklang are placeholders for certain movesets or something. It was a coding error when Game Freak translated their Japanese version into English or something. Don't touch them.

@Magi

I have to agree with Sachi, the last one is the cutest.

019%20Rattata%20Front%20v1b%20x2.png019%20Rattata%20Back%20v1%20x2.png

020%20Raticate%20Front%20v1d%20x2.png020%20Raticate%20Back%20v1%20x2.png

I already fixed Golduck's leg to the best of my ability.  Further edits would mean redrawing the lower half.  The umbrella's problem is that the umbrella shaft is not perpendicular to the umbrella shade, which can't be solved without redrawing the upper half to accomodate the shaft or redrawing the umbrella.  *shrugs* it's not a terrible problem.

Maybe something like this for spearow?

021%20Spearow%20Edit.png

@Magi

Ekans' backsprite face looks a bit off.

Abork's head looks disconnected from the body in the frontsprite; move the head right or the body left. Left thigh looks a bit chubby, and the left hip seems too high as oppose to the design drawing.

Golbat's old backsprite was actually broken, and your new front sprite had 17 colors. I got them fixed now. Pidgey actually can't go that pale blue. It looks really bad if I do.

[spoiler]

31. 101%20Electrode%20Edit.png

32. 117fvi9.png

33. 2wgue6a.png

34. rm8yvd.png

35. 2czavbs.png

36. 2cpdf93.png

37. 11w83h4.png

38. 2ljnuk5.png

39. rh1oqx.png

[/spoiler]

I really wanna get the LeafGreen-exclusives legitimately without having to switch back to the boring old Pokemon sprites. I tried using this patch on a LeafGreen ROM, but the game broke during the intro video. Would it be possible to get a LeafGreen version of this patch?

@Magi

Second Arbok looks better.

I think it's the mouth being too low for Ekans since she's looking upward/tilting her head upward. Try moving it higher.

I actually don't like the Pichu design for the ears. Try incorporating it into her hair like below.

[spoiler]Pikachu2.png[/spoiler]

@thief

Can you submit work as x2 size in the future? I can barely see anything. The design is a bit simplistic at the moment. Try expanding it a bit. Some food for thoughts:

[spoiler]Koffing_gijinka2.jpg[/spoiler] [spoiler]Koffing_gijinka1.jpg[/spoiler]

@Magi

I see your Raichu and raise you a Pichu.

[spoiler]adoptables___pichu_by_threewiishes-d411n[/spoiler]

I think you can mod your Pichu a bit into this easily. I personally am fond of crino's Raichu (third on first row) even though it looks nothing like Raichu.

[spoiler]doodle__just_a_bunch_of_gijinkas_by_coco[/spoiler]

[spoiler]2012-05-06-497519.png[/spoiler]

Middle is Blastoise, apparently. At least it's different from the ones we have at hand.

@magi

Ah, the episode where Ash proves that he can bend the laws of a Pokemon battle by using an electric type move on an Onix. Who needs to know the type resistances when you have a desperate desire to win and a lot of screaming.

Oh, so like Goku!

...no? ok

Though, as my thoughts, what I was thinking was we probably should be making new moemon to replace the old ones in the new patches, unless the others had problems or just plain weren't moe enough. There are plenty of Pokémon I know that don't have remakes, and I'm kind of confused why some of them don't.

Again, I'm not complaining, this is just a little idea. This is simply a suggestion. There isn't really anything I don't like about this way, though. I kind of like the way you're trying to make the Pokémon live up to their name of Moemon but again, this is only a little suggestion.

also sorry for the comment that kind of repeated itself. I'm like that.

@TheBurningBlue

It seems what you are suggesting is exactly what this thread is about.  So what do you have to add?

Well what I was saying is there's a lot of focus on the Pokémon who were already remade into Moemon, but they're being remade again and again while some Pokémon still have their default Moemon sprites.