[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I've been making a Moemon HGSS Patch using your sprites so I thought id give a rundown of the process I have been using to import and convert the sprites.
[spoiler]
First I extract first 3 sprites using nameless sprite editor because it keeps the pallet.Export.png
Then using a program called imageJ i Batch convert them to 160x80.
script.png
Then using Pokedspic i open and save the new sprite.
reinsert.jpg
Then i use NitroExplorer2b to insert the .narc into the rom.
merge.jpg
then just play the rom however you like.
IMG_20141223_000113.jpg[/spoiler]

Can I throw this patch onto Firered Omega or nah?

It might work, but you'd have graphic errors because it's a romhack

And also if all the sprites are girls.. then shouldn't the gender say girl?..because my Pokemon team is full of traps right now. Haha

Gender isn't moddable via a graphics patch, so you'll just have to pretend the males are female if you want to ;3

Gender isn't moddable via a graphics patch, so you'll just have to pretend the males are female if you want to ;3

It actually is moddable in PokeMMO and probably the ROM itself. For PokeMMO, see below:

On side note, you can actually change your GUI to make all your Moemon females (or male, or genderless).

xm31ad.png

All you have to do is put this file into your data/themes/default/textures folder and replace. I recommend you to save a copy of the original in case you want to turn that female sign back to male. Blue for tomboy Moemons, and Pink for girly Moemons. If you are using another theme, please stick this in that theme folder's textures folder instead.

Edit: Please note the gender symbols are purposely misaligned by the Pokemmo team. I could realign them if needed.

Edited by Moetal

Sorry for asking this, but I'm a bit confused. I just downloaded v1.4 of this patch, and the first thing I expected to see was the Charizard on the title screen replaced with a Moe Flareon, since there is a screenshot of this on the first page of this thread. This didn't occur. Was the screenshot from an experimental/beta version of the patch, or did I just do something wrong?

@asepbudiman

The patch only swap sprites, so if your rom does not allow you to capture all Pokemon, then you cannot capture all Pokemon. If you are playing PokeMMO, then you have access to whatever is available inside PokeMMO.

@Camion

Not actually included in the patch, as PokeMMO does not show you the "title screen".

Lazy butt who's vanished for oh so long after only contributing to one sprite really, returning, what gen1 pokemon have yet to have anything done on them at all? I think I might be slightly better at this now than I was before...maybe.

Got tied up with school stuff and kinda forgot to come back here, recently saw the doduo sprite which looks so much better now than what I left it as and it inspired me to come back and say hello!

Okay yeah scratch that, I forgot just how tough this stuff is. Drew up a quick design for a Kabuto thingie and attempted to make a test sprite for it, turned out just awful. Gonna need to practice before I can be of any use x-x

[spoiler]Moemon_Kabuto_sprite128.png[/spoiler]

I drew out a doodle of the design quickly before attempting the sprite but just blegh.

[spoiler]Moemon_Kabuto.png[/spoiler]

Wish my internet wasn't being garbage so I could actually load those images.

It is time for this dispute to finally have a final answer, Moetal, which is better, Magikarp of Feebas, which is the superior fish
Clearly it is magikarp right?

[spoiler]Remember the shiny I gave you? Don't let me down <3[/spoiler]

@Darkflame

I can't put my finger on it, but that Kabuto looks rather broken.

[spoiler]wiu3oi.jpg

[spoiler]293vfxf.png

Nothing Photoshop can't fix.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

So it looks okay?? And yeah I got that "broken" feeling too. I knew it was the face but I suck at them and couldn't make it look right no matter how much I tried. 

Nice change to the hair looks more appealing I think. 

Is the design okay overall? 

So i've been trying to play the Emerald version of Moemon for the last few days now. I just wanted to make sure I was using the most recent sprites and all before i played. I also wanted to use the randomizer. Can someone link me to the most recent version that i can use with a randomizer so i can finally play this game? :)

How well does this mod work in conjunction with other mods?

If there was a simple mod that removed trade evolutions, allowed running indoors and made a physical/special split, would this mod work with it?

Would it work with a mod that enabled the acquisition of all 386 (gen 1 - 3) pokemon?

Note that I'm not using the mmo thing, only normal mods.