[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

So which beedrill should be the base?

beedrill_zps42966a3a.png
ms4236_zps2e820bf2.png
Or maybe based on this?
[spoiler]
2013-02-28-561156.jpeg
[/spoiler]

Secondly, anyone think of a pokemon that could use this as a base?
ExMurasa%20Front%20x2.png

The Moemon Beedrill should be on the Girl in the Poster,I think the pic looks very nice.
And the second? Well,I don't know.

Just make sure madness doesn't happen with Moemon.
we_re_all_dead__by_jasongamer64-d7egn4v.

-Note: Yeah,I thought about it. Maybe Gyrados. Or is that already done?-

Sorry guys, power went out for my block for 27 hours without prior notice. Life sucked without electricity (and internet). I spent the long night drawing and painting under candle lights and a handheld flashlight. It was a horrible experience.

@Magi

Weedle needs to be shrinked. She's a few pixel too tall. Her backsprite's tongue isn't very visible, maybe make it longer/add a few more pixels in the face/use less of the black or just get rid of it completely and draw a normal mouth. Her expression doesn't need to perfectly match her front sprites tbh if you can't get it to look nice.

The angle of the hand of the backsprite of Kakuna feels like it's pointing the wrong way as oppose to the front sprite. Right now it's pointing to left bottom corner, while it should actually be pointing to middle left.

I'm fond of the third Beedrill's design, but I like the second's pose more.

Maybe use that Murasa as Absol base. I don't know to be honest.

@Rache

Right hand of the Spearow is small, and the face is still not that moe after Magi's fix. I'll give it a try later today.

@anjelocarreon

Some of those fixes are... debateable. Some feels better in some section but made it worse in other parts. We'll look into it a bit more later.

The Aipom/Ambipom edit sprites are actually pretty cute. I'm sure Magi can edit on them to bring them up to standard.

Not every pokemon has separate male/female sprites.

Just imagine your males took too many steroids and now they got breasts

Pretty hard to imagine when it has a feminine body. Surely if they got breasts due to steroids, they would look musclebound.

Shouldn't the genders be adjusted? I just got a pokemon that has breasts, yet it's a male.

Since this is sprite replacement on the Fire Red rom itself, there's no way to change this. Different looking genders were only implemented in gen 4, and as such there's no way to insert both a male and female sprite with what we're working with - only a normal and shiny sprite.

694b14af8c.png

The only way to actually do this would be to recreate the patch for HG/SS, but that would require every sprite being redone in 80x80 as opposed to the 64x64 all the current sprites are or them all being far too small. There may also be some other technical issues including but not limited to animation frames if PokeMMO ever has that feature (not confirmed).

@Rache

Well I have no tools for HG/SS, but I can find them.

The basic is 2 sprites per Pokemon like what we have been doing. 

Is there a gender difference in current Pokemmo (does it actually pull the different gender sprites?) If not, we can forgo the gender difference. Otherwise, we can do 2 sprites per gender, for a total of 4.

If we want animations for the future, it will be 4 sprites (two front two back) per gender for a total of 8 sprites. 

Edit: There's a few approach we can go in terms of sprite also.

1. Use what we have and just paste it into the 80x80 (more empty spaces). Selective few can be redo and enlarged.

2. Enlarge all the sprites to maximize the pixels amounts. A lot more work, but quality will be ensured.

@Rache

Well I have no tools for HG/SS, but I can find them.

The basic is 2 sprites per Pokemon like what we have been doing. 

Is there a gender difference in current Pokemmo (does it actually pull the different gender sprites?) If not, we can forgo the gender difference. Otherwise, we can do 2 sprites per gender, for a total of 4.

If we want animations for the future, it will be 4 sprites (two front two back) per gender for a total of 8 sprites. 

Edit: There's a few approach we can go in terms of sprite also.

1. Use what we have and just paste it into the 80x80 (more empty spaces). Selective few can be redo and enlarged.

2. Enlarge all the sprites to maximize the pixels amounts. A lot more work, but quality will be ensured.

Yup, different gender sprites are implemented.

dc5a9d45f7.png

The first option would be best at first since it'd at least give us a sprite for every Pokemon to begin with. Enlargements could be done for each patch update, so basically starting on 1 then working our way to 2? The extra size that 80x80 gives us could allow for a lot of higher quality sprites, but most will have to be created from scratch since 99% of Moemon sprites on the internet are GBA-size.

@Richter

There's only one sprite slot for each Pokemon. Just imagine them as a [trap]. 

[spoiler]38696302.jpg[/spoiler]

@Daiyu

They are all unusable due to format, and they are not Moemons.

Think like this guy...

Source: Boku Girl

[spoiler]5.jpg[/spoiler]