[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

On 5/27/2016 at 7:50 AM, Alphernal said:

What if James was Latios? Latios could have a flower for the whole "fabulous" look. Even Jesse would work as Latias.

I don't think they would ever be seen together like that in the game so it doesn't seem worth the design effort. Besides, hat.

Maybe he could have the flower to flirt with all the girls.

@Moetal

Clefairy's face looks much better.

AtHTEYQ.png

As for the latest Clefable...

Nerak55 posted a sprite on page 133; Arisa posted a rough draft of another sprite on page 146.

@Alphernal

Yeah, the hat on the back sprite needs a lot more work yet.  I basically just took the one off Pidgey and stretched it and slightly rotated it to fit on Fearow's head.

Edited by Kickern

Well the concept was that the hat was a hand-me-down from her BFF Pidgey, so I didn't want to change the hat too much (aside from losing the feathers in the front, and Spearow later adding the red ones to the side). I personally want to keep her blonde since Spearow is blonde. While I did copy and paste the hat for the Tentacruel sprite, this hat was actually made from scratch rather than copy from Pidgey's. I'll see if I can make the backsprite hat look decent later.

@laGashetaHardcore

Move her left leg (our right) three to five pixels to the right.

Edited by Moetal

I cannot do ties for some reason. This is mostly showing my ideas. First two of these costumes can be mixed and matched.

nWEL78i.png

The last one Is in a United States Air Force uniform in accordance to AFI 36-2903, assuming blue is his natural hair color. Yeah loopholes!

edit: Actually, I didn't remember to cut his hair but whatever.

Edited by Septentrion
On 5/26/2016 at 0:11 AM, Kickern said:

p92reKY.png

Haven't checked this place for a bit, got a few questions/whatever.

1. Is that black part a piece of her shirt/coat or like a breastplate?

2. (Wrote from edit) - Now that I get a better look at the front sprite, are her arms bent and at her sides or extended fully? This only matters for the front sprite, but if they are extended then they are pretty much as long as her thigh which make for some rather short arms, right? Looking at the average person's anatomy, most people's hands reach about halfway down their thigh. She is on her knees and it looks like her hands barely reach 1/3 of the way down at most (once again, this doesn't matter if her arms are bent). If they are bent it needs to be conveyed a little bit more, though I can see how it would be difficult considering she has stripes on her coat and indicating the bending "crease/fold" created by such a pose would be hard to distinguish from those stripes.

3. If I'm right or wrong about the coat/breastplate, either way I feel like she looks too flat. I'm not saying I'd like all final evolutions to have huge boobs, I just feel like a Pokemon with such a robust and large/fluffy design as Arcanine should have the "assets" to match, or at least something. I like every other part of her design, she just looks a bit on the slim side when I think "Arcanine(?)".
    1. Spoiler

250px-059Arcanine.png

tAG_155079.jpg

tAG_154781.jpg

Arcanine.full.266457.jpg

Arcanine.full.140926.jpg

pokedex_059___arcanine_by_iforher-d2od4l

Maybe someone could whip up a quick draft of this same sprite with a decent (read - noticeable) bust, and if it looks bad I'll leave the topic alone.

Edited by GetRekdm8

@Septentrion

Yeah, it comes down to tiptoeing around the line of a chibi version or trying to cram a fully grown female's frame into 64x64. I think Muk's sprite does a pretty good job of keeping a relatively accurate anatomy along with posing in a way to view her entire body.

moemon_muk_3_by_riderofwind-d7qbx4i.png

This sprite, anyway. Probably has been updated since this version but I think it looks pretty much the same.

"Moe is a Japanese term used in connection with manga or anime to describe something precious, usually (but not always) the ideal of youthful and innocent femininity. Written with the kanji for "to bud or sprout" (萌), the concept covers a range of ideal behaviour for youthful female characters in manga or anime. "

This is Moemon, not Lewdmon. It may suit some pokemon (Wailord, Miltank, etc) but please keep the cleavage to a minimum. Arcanine, and Muk, both look fine the way they are.

@GetRekdm8

fyi

Current Muk FYI.

Try your hands on editing Arcanine. I'm a visual kind of guy, so if you can show me what you are aiming for, I can try to clean it up and make it work.

@Kickern

The blonde Fearow looks better, but I feel the yellow Shiny doesn't stand out very well. Would red hair shiny work?

Tentacool's face looks very white/pale now that I look at it. Maybe we can fix up the skin tones a bit with some warmer/tanner colors?

Edited by Moetal
21 minutes ago, Arisa said:

"Moe is a Japanese term used in connection with manga or anime to describe something precious, usually (but not always) the ideal of youthful and innocent femininity. Written with the kanji for "to bud or sprout" (萌), the concept covers a range of ideal behaviour for youthful female characters in manga or anime. "

This is Moemon, not Lewdmon. It may suit some pokemon (Wailord, Miltank, etc) but please keep the cleavage to a minimum. Arcanine, and Muk, both look fine the way they are.

I don't think anyone here is both Japanese enough and NEET enough to truly understand moe. Also, the whole evolution thing is part of the growing concept.

@Arisa

I can get how you possibly thought "cleavage" when I was talking about making Arcanine's bust larger, but I never explicitly said to show cleavage, just that a moemon's final form (which can be pretty easily interpreted to be the adult - aka final form of humans- version) should look more like an adult, and seeing as how the average woman around the world is usually not flat as a chopping board, I suggested that maybe we reflect that in some of the final evolution forms to add some variance.

5 minutes ago, Arisa said:

Depends on what you consider lewd. Many people get aroused by many different things, some people probably even have fetishes for non-exposing clothing.

12 minutes ago, Arisa said:

Written with the kanji for "to bud or sprout" (萌), the concept covers a range of ideal behaviour for youthful female characters in manga or anime. "

There are very, very many manga and anime where youthful female characters (aka middle - high school) have at least noticeable busts, and in many romcoms they even use said features to do something one would probably consider "lewd". Even series where there isn't really anything predominantly sexual in the setting still has some form of showing off the physical traits that the character's have, like being in swimsuits, which most people would consider fanservice (aka appealing to people in even the slightest of sexual ways if it is showing the body at all).

I don't really care if they have modest bust sizes or if they're huge, what matters is that the look is fitting for that Pokemon. Arcanine is, like I said, fairly large and fluffy, and I feel like if you translated that over into gijinka she would have at least a noticeable bust (not asking for head-size knockers) considering that she is the "adult" form of the moemon, and many adult women have a noticeable bust pretty much anywhere in the world. That's just one of the things she needs work on, but I feel like the term "moe" shouldn't just be for "youthful and innocent femininity" as some would probably consider something that fits that criteria as pre-highschool age girls, and I don't think many people would want this game to feature primarily/only loli gijinka of the pokemon we all know.

Anyway, I know that asking for "realism" concerning something that is derived from anime/manga artstyles is kind of odd considering that most character designs are unrealistic in some way, whether it be large boobs that don't sag and keep their shape or other styles where their arms and legs are much to thin to actually function (series like Special A). I'd like to keep some variance in the sprites, but know that I think more slender/smaller looking pokemon should have a slender look to them (aka smaller bust) to match their designs, that's all I'm asking for, matching the overall size and shape of the pokemon to be translated over into their gijinka forms.

30 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Try your hands on editing Arcanine. I'm a visual kind of guy, so if you can show me what you are aiming for, I can try to clean it up and make it work.

I'll try and get a little something (probably a monstrosity, but hopefully it conveys what I mean) to show by the end of the day. 

@Septentrion @GetRekdm8

I literally just looked up 'moe' in google and copy pasted it.

I didn't mean 'lewd' as in 'sexually arousing', Bigboobmon just doesn't sound quite right.

The thought of a sprite being ruined just because someone wanted a bigger bust just bothers me. I honestly don't think anyone can make Arcanine's chest look any bigger without breaking the sprite completely.

I'm more into flat chested girls, so that's probably why I got upset XD

1 hour ago, Septentrion said:

she could have a torso that's bigger than her head.

plsno

53 minutes ago, Arisa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

plsno

Did you read that as boobs bigger than head? Torso's not the same thing.

Latios had a square torso that was much smaller than his head when I started working on him.

Edited by Septentrion