[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

15 hours ago, GetRekdm8 said:

Now that I look at it she has REALLY big thighs, they're the size of her torso. The right one is the most noticeable, could probably get away with showing more of the calf.

Backsprite looks like a good start, needs the wings(?)/fins(?) on the back. Think her hands need to match the front sprite since that's what seems to be the standard, matching them that is.

Ironically, I made the torso bigger and left the thighs alone. Legs often seem to be exempt from chibi proportions.

Edited by Septentrion

Hello. I've been following this thread for a while now. It's been cool seeing how far things have come.

I had some spare time today, so I took a crack at Dratini. This is my first time attempting a sprite of this size, so my apologies if it's not great. I'd appreciate any sort of criticism.

.CjH5d73.png

No base used. Plenty of room to expand on the design, but I'm starting to hit a wall with it for now. As you can probably tell, shading isn't my strong suit.

If there's a sprite that would be better for me to spend my time on, I'll gladly do that as well.

dog5

Dog ear left or right looks better, or are they both off?

@QBonez

It's pretty good, but the face is lacking charm and the pose is kinda stale. Having a ponytail might help the design further, but that's just me. I personally don't recommend people to work off scratch, not to mention when we already have like 9000 uncompleted ones that we could use your time on better. It's up to you what you want to do, however, since I am not the boss of you and I have no power to control what you want to do.

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

Yeah. After a while of fighting with the face, I got tired of it. The first attempts were... bad. There is a ponytail in back, but it's a little hard to see. I probably should have shifted it to the right a bit.

I'll go look through the uncompleted sprites tomorrow and see what I can do. Dratini was more of a personal test of my capabilities, but I figured I'd see what the verdict was anyhow.

Almost forgot, right looks better.

Edited by QBonez

@Moetal

My vote's on the right. It looks correct to me

Gosh I love what you guys have done to Arcanine's design, very dynamic! I do wish her hands weren't so puny and indistinguishable, but I think that's unavoidable with the pose you've got going. Keep up the amazing work!

54 minutes ago, Moetal said:

dog5

Dog ear left or right looks better, or are they both off?

Think the right is more accurate. In the front sprite her ears are nearly pointing up at the same height (with her right ear slightly higher) so the ears should look like they are level like they are in the right at the angle she is at. Only seems like the left ear in the back sprite needs to be shifted forward a bit more, looks closer to the back of hear head than behind the top of her bangs.

Something like this maybe?

4csTfgD.png

Edit for new posts:

F1YQokb.png

Edited by GetRekdm8
7 minutes ago, DrVonTacos said:

game crashes if I go into battle

also ALL THE SPRITES ARE REALLY MESSED UP. I mean that as there not on the correct pokemon. Picachu is a Jiggalypuff

Something is either wrong with your rom or the patch file probably got corrupted in some way and you applied it afterwards. I'd suggest re-downloading both.

1 minute ago, DrVonTacos said:

Bulbasar is beedrill/

Are you downloading the right patch 1.9 listed on the 1st page of this thread? Are you using the right rom (probably the US version, if i'm not mistaken)? I've never had issues just using the base rom and using the patches that Moetal issues out, only if I start trying to add extra things in which is usually worked around by doing that on the base game first and then adding in the sprites.

Ok, so someone made a mod version of this. It works great.

24 minutes ago, GetRekdm8 said:

Are you downloading the right patch 1.9 listed on the 1st page of this thread? Are you using the right rom (probably the US version, if i'm not mistaken)? I've never had issues just using the base rom and using the patches that Moetal issues out, only if I start trying to add extra things in which is usually worked around by doing that on the base game first and then adding in the sprites.

the version said U. I couldnt find a trusted source with a U. Couldnt find one that said it was US exactly. I only added 1.9 patch to the rom.

Made some more edits to Venomoth.

D18mXC8.pngmUtOiry.pngyPjLi6c.pngvOX7RMD.png

Also found a Quilava front sprite that I really liked and worked on it a little. Made the head a bit bigger and tried playing with the blues on the pallette.

Oo7jznn.png

And tried my own backsprite for it too (Very rough draft. Might need to retry it).

lXE3DDx.png

Both sprites might need a complete change of pallette. Not sure. It seems like 4 blues isn't enough for her.

@Kickern

Not sure, both hands look good to me. 

fear

Tried making the face more cute and less "shaded". Had to use the white as fourth face tone. I still think blonde hair would be better for her, just to match Spearow's.

Edited by Moetal