PokeMMO Safari Hunt #4 (June 8th)

UcCILjK.jpg

Credit to kemaric for the poster

The Safari Hunt is an hour long event, where you have to catch the best Pokemon possible within the given time limit.

Note: Staff members will be accepting Pokemon submissions from a certain group of people who signed up for the event. Since this kind of event used to go very slow and messy in the past, we're now going to use registrations and divide players over staff members so all the entries get submitted evenly over each staff member. This will make it easier for the players and easier for staff. When you signed up, you will be appointed a staff member who you should submit your entry to within the time of the event by a whisper.

Everybody that signs up is allowed to play in the event. There are no reserves.

Pokemon will be calculated based on a few factors: All IV's added together + rarity value + 20 points for the nature bonus.
Note: IV ranges will be averaged, rarity and bonus natures are listed further down.

Date + Time:
Date: Sunday 8th June
Time: 4:00-5:00 PM EDT | 1:00-2:00 PM PDT | 8:00-9:00 PM GMT

Registration Open:
Date: Friday 6th June
Time: 4:00 PM EDT | 1:00 AM PDT | 8:00 PM GMT

Registration Closed:
Date: Sunday 8th June
Time: 3:00 PM EDT | 12:00 PM PDT | 7:00 PM GMT

Staff will be at Fuschia Pokemon Center, Channel 7

Rules:

- Your Pokemon must be captured and given to the staff member you are appointed to within the hour limit, any Pokemon caught before or after will be disqualified.
- If your Pokemon has any EV's it is disqualified.
- If your Pokemon is a higher level than obtainable in the Safari Zone, it is disqualified.
- Only listed Pokemon count.
- You can only submit one Pokemon per character.
- You should whisper the staff member with your entry.
- Pokemon acquired by fishing are not counted.

- The Pokemon submitted must have the player's OT.

Below is the list of players and the staff member that the entry must be linked in whisper chat to:

Tranzmaster

[spoiler]Succor

DustinDoom

Legendario

Munya

ZanchoPansa

Londar

OdracirRG

Gudulberthe

Turkeydragon

Evilmist

RHENOR

Jayor

Sunbunnie

BikerASH

Jackguill

Grolemisation

StriderXD

CUARTEx

MisterHide

Kemaric

SawyerB

Sylou

Rjef

Goldblazed

Darealreezy

Pyrolia

[/spoiler]

Musica

[spoiler]RyukoNotsunaga

YareYareDaze

ShootingStarM

DarkChaoss

xRichardx

Bluejim

Jayfeatskydd

NoadHunter

Eskiimo

TETSUMARU

XXNavii

Gabiblast

Treesy

Bishav

Honoku

Nyas

Mikrospaixths

Toxiica

Darkoscarito

Tobiass

WBHman

Eggplant

BlueSpectre

SirCarlitos

Alvimo

YonBiLoPrz

[/spoiler]

RacheLucario

[spoiler]Darkpatrix

JnzDiX

Leviiticus

Senile

Flavajabari

Chinolove

TzNolexD

Panita

BurntZebra

AnotherAbel

Thadphas

ShinyHunterer

MikaMeow

NataliaHeart

Nenekitty

SinisterDeity

Fjdksl

KingBowser

Danybaray

OrangeManiac

Gunthug

WorldWideGamer

Gykoz

Lilyek

Daniellegal

Feari

[/spoiler]

LeTyrone

[spoiler]CZD

Abeeel

Geraaa

Raptori

Waniixx

NikhilR

PKMNTrainerJC

Lukeelink

Indya

ImguridianCity

KillingStrider

Shiigo

Vindicta

Romso

NoNoReVenGe

Shadowniz

JonazDK

IcarusBurst

Phatiman

NightLucifer

eggroll

WinterClaw

XiaoLis

poverufi

Alpacamon

ProMorgz

ProWiggles

Vaanash

Creepinguy

Olibu

[/spoiler]

Pokemon list and rarity values:

Chansey: 35 points

Scyther / Pinsir / Tauros / Kangaskhan: 30 points

Parasect / Venomoth / Lickitung: 20 points

Nidorina / Nidorino / Slowpoke level 26 or above / Psyduck level 26 or above: 15 points

Venonat / Paras / Rhyhorn / Exeggcute: 10 points

Nidoran m / Nidoran f / Doduo / Slowpoke level 20-25 / Psyduck level 20-25: 5 points

Nature Bonuses: 20 points

Nidoran m: Hasty

Nidoran f: Hasty

Doduo: Jolly

Rhyhorn : Adamant

Venonat: Timid

Exeggcute: Modest

Nidorino: Hasty

Nidorina: Hasty

Venomoth: Timid

Chansey: Bold

Kangaskhan: Adamant

Tauros: Jolly

Scyther: Jolly

Pinsir: Adamant

Lickitung: Careful

Paras: Adamant

Parasect: Adamant

Psyduck: Timid

Slowpoke: Bold

Prizes:

1st place: Shiny Exeggcute
2nd place: 500 RP

Why does a catching contest deserve a shiny but an art contest does not? Has the staff's overall opinion on this sort of thing changed? ("This sort of thing" referring to what types of events deserve a shiny). 

I would qualify the "design a region" contest as an art contest, wouldn't you?

I would qualify the "design a region" contest as an art contest, wouldn't you?

It's artistic in the sense that it's writing, but no, it wasn't an art contest. Musica clearly stated "this isn't an art contest" in the OP. 

Why does a catching contest deserve a shiny but an art contest does not? Has the staff's overall opinion on this sort of thing changed? ("This sort of thing" referring to what types of events deserve a shiny). 

idk but I do know I will be competing in this I think, need to farm some moneys though

How come all of  the water pokemon arent included tranz?

I don't recall us stating anywhere that Art Contests do not deserve a shiny. In fact it has always been so that a lower tier shiny could be given for any type of (forum) event instead of reward points.

It is mostly the choice of the host.

Our opinion hasn't changed for that matter.

I don't recall us stating anywhere that Art Contests do not deserve a shiny. In fact it has always been so that a lower tier shiny could be given for any type of (forum) event instead of reward points.

It is mostly the choice of the host.

Our opinion hasn't changed for that matter.

Squirtle refused to give out shinys for art contests when I was hosting them. So it was at least the opinion of the "staff" at that point. Judging by your reaction things have changed then?

[spoiler] It's like you all forget I was ever staff and know when you're mistaken or stating things that are not true. You don't need to tell me it's up to the "host", it's up to the host unless several people have an issue with the prize or Squirtle flat out won't do it[/spoiler] 

You don't need to tell me it's up to the "host", it's up to the host unless several people have an issue with the prize or Squirtle flat out won't do it

I said that it's mostly up to the host.

I don't know if Squirtle changed his view over it or not, but it really doesn't matter. It's a nice alternative for forum events. The prizes aren't really comparable, as you can't objectively say a shiny prize is worth more then an RP prize. In fact I know somebody who preferred the RP prize over the shiny prize in an event because he wanted the box expansion.

In any case, thank you for your feedback and we'll consider it when deciding prizes for future events. If you have another recommendation for what types of events should warrant shiny prizes then you can do it in the Event Suggestions and Feedback thread.

I said that it's mostly up to the host.

I don't know if Squirtle changed his view over it or not, but it really doesn't matter. It's a nice alternative for forum events. The prizes aren't really comparable, as you can't objectively say a shiny prize is worth more then an RP prize. In fact I know somebody who preferred the RP prize over the shiny prize in an event because he wanted the box expansion.

In any case, thank you for your feedback and we'll consider it when deciding prizes for future events. If you have another recommendation for what types of events should warrant shiny prizes then you can do it in the Event Suggestions and Feedback thread.

Wow, thanks I didn't know that thread existed.
[spoiler] do staff ever not redirect people? Tranz, I have posted in that very thread bringing this up and didn't get any staff response or feedback. I understand not every post there is going to get that but you're telling me to do something I have already done. Anyway, I will drop the subject matter since it's not going to go anywhere- [/spoiler]

In fact I know somebody who preferred the RP prize over the shiny prize in an event because he wanted the box expansion.

\o/

Also pls do not take me as an example, I'm a mentally unstable person who's desires and plans are a mystery even for himself. Besides shiny onix/ steelix look poop x)

Shame I won't be there due to a family meeting but best of luck to all participants :)

Holy shit Emlee, go easy on the staff. They just gave out a shiny houndour for an essentially art contest. You're just attacking everyone...

Nope, just asking questions and stating my opinion. It's not an attack, I have nothing against Tranz at all, I like him~

Also that wasn't an art contest, the OP even stated it was not. 

Nope, just asking questions and stating my opinion. It's not an attack, I have nothing against Tranz at all, I like him~

Also that wasn't an art contest, the OP even stated it was not. 

I liked him better as steelix