Little Cup Tournament (Saturday 20th September)

Noad

Imagine you were a person who read this thread 2 weeks ago and already started ev training, or even have the ev training complete.  Asking them now to fully remove there evs this late into it wouldn't be right, after they put that effort into it.

I agree with that friend, but also put in place for people who do not have money to buy the corresponding object to train evs, Do we have to stay without playing the tournament?

this is a reply to the many "is it possible questions"

it is possible to train and ev pokemon with 510 ev's at lvl 5 without using amnesia brace. however you need 5x exp shares and need to start at lvl 1 and need to spend 200k in vitamins per pokemon and it takes 4-6x longer then normal. ofc since you are starting at lvl 1 there is no guarantee the pokemon your ev'ing wont have shitty iv's and be unusable meaning you have to restart from scratch or use a inferior pokemon. this also means that these pokemon can not be lvl'd to 50 and used as 50's comps later.

TL;DR it is possible but costly and difficult enough that few will attempt. this is why i bought amnesia brace.

this is a reply to the many "is it possible questions"

it is possible to train and ev pokemon with 510 ev's at lvl 5 without using amnesia brace. however you need 5x exp shares and need to start at lvl 1 and need to spend 200k in vitamins per pokemon and it takes 4-6x longer then normal. ofc since you are starting at lvl 1 there is no guarantee the pokemon your ev'ing wont have shitty iv's and be unusable meaning you have to restart from scratch or use a inferior pokemon. this also means that these pokemon can not be lvl'd to 50 and used as 50's comps later.

TL;DR it is possible but costly and difficult enough that few will attempt. this is why i bought amnesia brace.

YOu only need 1x exp share on a pokemon you don't want getting more than 1-2 exp on, 4 additional exp shares will not cut the exp any further

you cut the exp to it further if its not though, no reason to do it that way.

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.

If i wanna ev train in Spd a Ponyta instead of using it to battle i can us another pokemon to battle, while ponyta and other 4 pokes in my party are holdin exp share. That way the battling poke will get 1/2 of the exp while the other 5 pokes will get 1/2*1/5 so 1/10 of the total exp

This means that if said ponyta needs 20 exp points to level from level 1 to level 2, and i'm battling pokes that give 20 Exp Points and 1 EV using only 1 exp Share will get the Ponyta get 10 exp points so, 2 wild pokes before leveling up, and if ponyta is battling with macho brace it'll get 4 EVs. If Some other poke is battling and the rest of my team, with ponyta, are holding Exp Share every poke ( except the one battling who will get 10 exp points )  will get 2 Exp Points, so getting 10 EVs when getting to level 2. 

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.

If i wanna ev train in Spd a Ponyta instead of using it to battle i can us another pokemon to battle, while ponyta and other 4 pokes in my party are holdin exp share. That way the battling poke will get 1/2 of the exp while the other 5 pokes will get 1/2*1/5 so 1/10 of the total exp

This means that if said ponyta needs 20 exp points to level from level 1 to level 2, and i'm battling pokes that give 20 Exp Points and 1 EV using only 1 exp Share will get the Ponyta get 10 exp points so, 2 wild pokes before leveling up, and if ponyta is battling with macho brace it'll get 4 EVs. If Some other poke is battling and the rest of my team, with ponyta, are holding Exp Share every poke ( except the one battling who will get 10 exp points )  will get 2 Exp Points, so getting 10 EVs when getting to level 2. 

I feel like your ev calculations are off, if it gives 1 ev how is it going to give 4 with a macho brace?  If all 5 pokes in your team need the evs it would be much more efficient to have 1 pokemon(the one doing the killing) holding the exp share and the other 5 all holding Macho brace and switching between them.

I feel like your ev calculations are off, if it gives 1 ev how is it going to give 4 with a macho brace? 

Cause before leveling to level 2 you need to battle 2 pokes that give one EV, double those with Macho and you get 4 

If all 5 pokes in your team need the evs it would be much more efficient to have 1 pokemon(the one doing the killing) holding the exp share and the other 5 all holding Macho brace and switching between them.

Yeah, that way you would get the better EV/Exp ratio, but also the highest time and effort needed...And also with 5 Exp Share on the rest on you party you can EV more than one but it'll be faster to battle and more "mindlessly" since you need to just press Z.

Cause before leveling to level 2 you need to battle 2 pokes that give one EV, double those with Macho and you get 4 

Yeah, that way you would get the better EV/Exp ratio, but also the highest time and effort needed...And also with 5 Exp Share on the rest on you party you can EV more than one but it'll be faster to battle and more "mindlessly" since you need to just press Z.

Not at all, it may seem like it would take more time but in reality, the time you spend switching between pokemon is less than the time it takes to move around and encounter what you need to encounter, esp if its night

Not at all, it may seem like it would take more time but in reality, the time you spend switching between pokemon is less than the time it takes to move around and encounter what you need to encounter, esp if its night

Oh well, i trust you one that, but i would still use the Exp Sharex5 so i can just spamm Z instead of checking what i'm doing in battle