[Denied] Lower EV Vitamin Prices

Yea this was probably suggested.

Alright, so vitamin prices are currents 4.9k each. If the mechanics are still the same from the last time I've used them, you can only use 10 in a stat, yielding 100 evs in that respective stat. So You can pay 49k to get 100evs for one stat. I don't think anybody agrees that it is reasonable. Now with this new breeding system, the game is full of money sinks and it is hard to make/keep a stable amount. Lowering vitamin prices to the previous 1k (I think) they were two years ago just seems to be more beneficial. You pay 10k for 100evs in a stat, and still have to grind out the remaining in that stat. I think this would cause people to buy vitamins again and complain less about eving/grinding. No reason vitamins should sit there in the game and not be purchased when there is a clear way to make them more actively used and please the community.

EV Reduction berries = 1k

but

Vitamins = 4.9k

tl;dr  make ev vitamins cost 1k

Discuss.

Edited by DrCraig

From the last major update.

Yea this was probably suggested.

Alright, so vitamin prices are currents 4.9k each. If the mechanics are still the same from the last time I've used them, you can only use 10 in a stat, yielding 100 evs in that respective stat. So You can pay 49k to get 100evs for one stat. I don't think anybody agrees that it is reasonable. Now with this new breeding system, the game is full of money sinks and it is hard to make/keep a stable amount. Lowering vitamin prices to the previous 1k (I think) they were two years ago just seems to be more beneficial. You pay 10k for 100evs in a stat, and still have to grind out the remaining in that stat. I think this would cause people to buy vitamins again and complain less about eving/grinding. No reason vitamins should sit there in the game and not be purchased when there is a clear way to make them more actively used and please the community.

EV Reduction berries = 1k

but

Vitamins = 4.9k

tl;dr  make ev vitamins cost 1k

Discuss.

Alright so now I think it would be even more fit for vitamins to cost 1k. Total evs costing 51k seems reasonable considering most players offering ev service charge approximately that much.

[spoiler]

Me when vitamins cost 1k

Andrew-Wiggins-850x560.jpg

[/spoiler]

4900 is absolutely fine imo. Vitamins are meant to be exclusive items~ But I'd still be glad if that would be lowered, some pokes are really hard to evtrain and vitamins would help them a lot. Still, that would kill evtraining services that players are providing if the lowered price will be too low.

From the last major update.

I have no idea why did you post it here, since Craig's post basicly suggests to lower the vitamin prices further...

I definitely support this.

Ev training doesn't bother me that much since i don't have many comps, but it's pretty safe to say NOONE ever had fun while doing it, and having fun is pretty important.

And that's just me, i've seen people getting a headache just by talking about ev training.

Having them as a price in the battle tower would be nice, but i'm 100% sure you guys would come up with some absurd fucked up prices...

1.5k for each vitamin and the 100 cap use would do, imho.

Edit. 1.5k POKEYEN, not battle points, eh!

Edited by Vaeldras

I vote making ev reducing berries 4.9k

Just trying to be a troll

k

I definitely support this.

Ev training doesn't bother me that much since i don't have many comps, but it's pretty safe to say NOONE ever had fun while doing it, and having fun is pretty important.

And that's just me, i've seen people getting a headache just by talking about ev training.

Having them as a price in the battle tower would be nice, but i'm 100% sure you guys would come up with some absurd fucked up prices...

1.5k for each vitamin and the 100 cap use would do, imho.

Edit. 1.5k POKEYEN, not battle points, eh!

Putting them in the battle tower would kinda be counter productive, when you could just be eving.

But yea, let's reduce the vitamins.

Edited by DrCraig

while i agree it should be lowered 1k is maybe going to far? how about 2k? that puts it at 102k to fully ev and ofc many people will be willing to ev train your pokemon for less then that but now there is a fast but still somewhat expensive way to ev in hurry if needed.

Do you remember they used to be very cheap, if I recall 1k. Yea, even 2k seems reasonable, I'm just proposing a reduction as a whole and that was a previous cost. 

Which kinda of leads me to ask:

Money had no value back then, when they were cheap. They should've cost more then.

Money gained value, and the price went up which makes no sense. Now it is harder to make money and harder to get vitamins.

Was a while a though..

Do you remember they used to be very cheap, if I recall 1k. Yea, even 2k seems reasonable, I'm just proposing a reduction as a whole and that was a previous cost. 

Which kinda of leads me to ask:

Money had no value back then, when they were cheap. They should've cost more then.

Money gained value, and the price went up which makes no sense. Now it is harder to make money and harder to get vitamins.

Was a while a though..

well cash was pretty much unlimited and you could farm it from island 5 trainers+e4+2k per pay day, prices before the money update are irrelevant 

well cash was pretty much unfettered and you could farm it from island 5 trainers+e4+2k per pay day, prices before the money update are irrelevant 

You're not reading.

Money had no value because it could be farmed easy.

Now money has value, you cannot farm it as easy. It is harder to make and there are sinks everywhere sucking your money away. Vitamin prices should go down because money is difficult to get.

Edited by DrCraig

This has nothing to do with the topic.

I want to gain evs with vitamins that cost too much atm.

EV reducing berries are fine.

Woops, brainfart. For some reason I kept reading berries xD! When it comes to the vitamins, I'd day 5k is almost too cheap. It's only 150K to max to 252. EV Trainers charge roughly that for 2-3 EVs so it seems pretty fair to me. Reading the posts above I can see where you're coming from but Money>Time. :P

Woops, brainfart. For some reason I kept reading berries xD! When it comes to the vitamins, I'd day 5k is almost too cheap. It's only 150K to max to 252. EV Trainers charge roughly that for 2-3 EVs so it seems pretty fair to me. Reading the posts above I can see where you're coming from but Money>Time. :P

5k is too cheap?

Do you even play? Do you not see people draining money into breeding and shards? 

I guess if people would rather run in circles eving or be slaves, that's there choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't see why it is a big deal.

EV training FTW!

Ok it takes a bit of time but honestly it is really easy. And most good grinding spots are right next to a pokemon centre anyways.

Because ev training is so damn boring , and not everybody has time to waste going back and forth on a bike for a few hours just to ev train 1 poke and then you still gotta level it to 50 afterwards

Just make vitamins near or equal to the same price as people pay other people to ev train they're pokes .