[Denied]An idea on how we can add the thrill of surprise back into breeding.

So right now, I love the new breeding honestly. At first I was slightly salty, but now.. I'm over it and I think it's alight. This way is much healthier for the game.

The only problem I believe is, the surprise aspect is almost gone. The only surprise you get is which IVs were transferred over and maybe the nature... Not very thrilling.

I was thinking adding a new mechanic to breeding which would give you a small 10% chance to gain 2 eggs instead of 1 when you breed.

The first egg would be absolutely the same as normal breeding, but the second egg could use the old breeding mechanics.

Of course the chance to gain an additional egg could be tweaked.

What do you guys think?

PS. I do realize that capturing your pokemon gives the surprise aspect but there is only so much pokemon hunting I can do :) I love breeding :D

Edited by KaynineXL

No, there is an overpopulation problem in the world of pokemon we need to exterminate parents not make more and more.  Do you know how many birds I have killed on route 115 and they STILL keep attacking me?  This is a real issue.

Well imo your point is invalid.

I'l give my reasoning...

Right now there is a massive amount of breeders, which is being reduced a lot with the new breeding. 2 breeders for possibly 1 comp. 10% chance is hardly going to boost the amount of overpopulation compared to the old breeding. There will still be a huge reduce in pokemon overall with the breeding currently.

Edited by KaynineXL