Have the Berry shopkeeper at Lilycove Contest Hall (redo)

Bestfriendss

Question

Community: Are you tired of going all the way back to Saffran just to get berries?

Staff: Are you tired of waiting all day for someone to restock berries all the way in Saffron?

Here is my unravelment for this problem, have the berry shop keeper right there in Lilycove's Contest Hall! I highlighted and pointed the berry merchant just in case the highlighter could not be scene.

a0f63001c0e9a37de0ac70aee576fadc.png

This time, I am going to have backup evidence on why this is a good idea.

1. I have been made aware that GMs will not be teleporting players to obtain berries from Saffron Mart (I was asking an anonymous GM)

2. It will be good for the competitive players. (convenience)

3. Easier for Staff to watch people. (convenience)

4. Time saving (for people with busy schedules)

(EDIT: Replaced period with question mark; Provided the categories for my reasoning; key words in bold; corrected Saffaran to Saffron)

Edited by Bestfriendss

17 answers to this question

Berries can be purchased through people in trade chat similar to obtaining evolution stones early in the game, so I don't see it as necessarily required or even a pressing issue.. I see this being helpful but I would much rather buy them near the Hoenn Flower Shop, here.

Also, you spelled Saffron, Saffran.

Berries can be purchased through people in trade chat similar to obtaining evolution stones early in the game, so I don't see it as necessarily required or even a pressing issue.. I see this being helpful but I would much rather buy them near the Hoenn Flower Shop, here.

Also, you spelled Saffron, Saffran.

I think he is talking about this with Official Tournaments in mind. In Kanto we hold tournaments in Saffron where berries are easily accessible to purchase. Tournaments hosted in Hoenn don't have this luxury and Bestfriends is suggesting to implement a berry merchant in a popular tournament location. This would mean that players would not need to make the journey back to Kanto in the middle of an official for some berries.

However, one could argue that you should show up for tournaments prepared with the right amount of items needed. It's easy to forget to check berries though and not realise until you are in the later rounds of a tournament. 

I think he is talking about this with Official Tournaments in mind. In Kanto we hold tournaments in Saffron where berries are easily accessible to purchase. Tournaments hosted in Hoenn don't have this luxury and Bestfriends is suggesting to implement a berry merchant in a popular tournament location. This would mean that players would not need to make the journey back to Kanto in the middle of an official for some berries.

However, one could argue that you should show up for tournaments prepared with the right amount of items needed. It's easy to forget to check berries though and not realise until you are in the later rounds of a tournament. 

Thanks for the clarification. I would like to have the berry shop there so that way people won't have to fly there and back. I made one of Noad's sentences bold because some people forget to check and then are tortured to fly to Slateport, go to Vermillion, fly to Saffarn, back to Vermillion, back to Slateport, then to Lilycove. Instead, have the berry merchant locally where the officals take place in case of people forgetting to check. Unnecessary punishment shouldn't be issued for forgetting.

Is it unnecessary punishment though? You should be prepared for your tournament before entering.

What I mean by unnecessary punishment is if I bought 10 Lichei berries and 10 Salac berries, if I forgot to buy 10 Lum Berries, should I be punished? I thought I wouldn't need them... I am trying to make people's lives easier by putting the berry shop in the same building for convenience. Staff won't have to wait for people all the way in Kanto and the community can just do things in Hoenn without having to stop at Kanto just for berries.

Munya, tournaments aside. This should be implemented for sheer convenience, or at least until we can grow our own berries. After all if we are to get Contests then we will need berries to buy, and I'd rather not make the trip to Saffron every time I want a berry 

You should be thorough in your preparations if you want to win.

Munya, tournaments aside. This should be implemented for sheer convenience, or at least until we can grow our own berries. After all if we are to get Contests then we will need berries to buy, and I'd rather not make the trip to Saffron every time I want a berry 

Stock up then, its cheap, even for somebody with no money.

Here is my piece of the pie, if I am EV training, Munya would like to punish people that are unprepared, and Kizhaz wants to not make constant trips. I have another unravelment for both problems (killing two birds with one stone)

Place the berry mart here:

71dd8e9998fc1a8049e88042c3b2100a.png

Berry merchant:

1fbc849e87f1cc9b9210e14db2eec97e.png

There, Munya gets to see other unready competitive player's pain and at the same time, Kizhaz can have the berry store in Hoenn!

Killing two birds with one stone! ;)

I feel that they are more important in Hoenn. Kanto you can't grow anything. Hoenn you can so it has an entire gardening mechanic surrounding the berries.

It only makes sense to me.

Let me be clear with my proposal, keep the shop in Kanto, but have another shop in Hoenn. What happens if there is an unofficial tournament at Mt. Moon (no pun intended), then you can stock up in Saffron, how about applying the same logic in Hoenn, have an unofficial in Mosdeep Space Corner, and you can go to the Berry store by Rustoburo city.

Don't see why we don't have berries in all poke-marts.

It is convenient for players, a competitive player who has put hours of work into EVing/Breeding should not be told:

You should be thorough in your preparations if you want to win.

in regards to a mere couple of berries that can be acquired during the tourney itself.

However, the fact of the matter is, if they want the berries and don't already have them, they are going to fly out and get them at that point.

Possibly slowing down the tourney process as well.

Edit: The whole, not being able to fly between regions thing just adds to it.

Just my two cents.

Edited by jayfeatskydd

That does bring up an interesting point though, I am going to start peddling berries at the hoenn tournaments for only 25% more than what they cost in kanto.

Definitely make them available in Hoenn. I see no reason not to.

Definately +1. I've already had to make the trip to Saffron a few times.

Don't see why we don't have berries in all poke-marts.

It is convenient for players, a competitive player who has put hours of work into EVing/Breeding should not be told:

in regards to a mere couple of berries that can be acquired during the tourney itself.

However, the fact of the matter is, if they want the berries and don't already have them, they are going to fly out and get them at that point.

Possibly slowing down the tourney process as well.

Edit: The whole, not being able to fly between regions thing just adds to it.

Just my two cents.

Here is my point in general, have the berry shop in Hoenn! Preferably the Lilycove Contest Hall, but if not, have it either in the berry shop near Rustboro or have it in Poke Marts throughout Hoenn and Kanto.