TKV5OOJ.png

Thanks Noad for the banner

Details:
32 Players
Unlimited Reserves
4v4 OU Monotype
Single Battle
Level 50

Monotypes can be dual type as long as they all connect via one type.

Date + Time:
Date: Friday, 27th February 
Time: 4:00 PM EST | GMT 9:00 PM 

Registration will open 10 minutes prior to the tournament. You may only register one person per forum account. I will post the bracket in this thread after roll call in game.

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO/Item Clause
List of Clauses and what they mean

List of Banned Pokemon:

Wobbuffet

Salamence

Tyranitar

Dragonite

List of Banned Moves:

Baton Pass

Torment

Prize:

1st: 

GIFT Competitive level 20 Shiny Gyarados Sprite_4_o_130_m_s.png ( Adamant or Jolly, IVs 25/25/25/25/25/31 )

or

20.000 Battle Points 

or

Blue tent BlueTentSprite.png

2nd:

500 RP or 10.000 Battle Points

Registration Method: 

Post your IGN in this thread once registration has occurred. You may only register one person per forum account. I will post the bracket in this thread after roll call in game.

If you are on the bracket for this tournament and cannot attend please send me a PM, or post in the thread letting me know you cannot make it, this lessens the time it takes for signs ups the day of the tournament. Thanks in advance.

Notes:

• You can AFK Timeout your opponent as soon as the AFK timeout button appears. 
  • Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Tournament Mode must be used for all duels.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.
  • Over Used Tournament Mode with Unique Item clause activated must be used for all duels. Duel requests should look like this.

[spoiler]

cb2016e906.png

[/spoiler]

Host: CaptainGrey

GM: Musica
Refs: Daftkitteh , Zehkar

Sprite_4_o_130_bs.gif  Sprite_4_o_130_bs.gif  Sprite_4_o_130_bs.gif

tfw shiny comp gyarados for gimmick

..shiny tentacool for standard ou

Staff confirmed in love with Gimmicks, need to provide insane prizes to make them viable. 

The fact is Standard OU's tournaments are common and numerous, while "gimmicks" tournaments are rare and less numerous. This may explain the difference in shinies  rewards, those tournaments are specials. Also if you don't like Tentacool, you still can go for Battle Points :).

I've been critical of prize choices in the past, but this one doesn't bother me too much. Shiny gyara is cool and all but it's a 5 egg shiny, and a comp one will likely be locked into one move set which means you won't see it all that often in serious comp play due to the risk of being scouted (and the non 31 attack Lel).

It's a cool prize don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't even consider monotype to be that gimmicky - it's a pretty standard gimmick, if that makes sense.

I've been critical of prize choices in the past, but this one doesn't bother me too much. Shiny gyara is cool and all but it's a 5 egg shiny, and a comp one will likely be locked into one move set which means you won't see it all that often in serious comp play due to the risk of being scouted (and the non 31 attack Lel).

It's a cool prize don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't even consider monotype to be that gimmicky - it's a pretty standard gimmick, if that makes sense.

lmao at someone using Gyarados for any reason outside of Dragon Dance. Scouted or not, it's still going to get the job done. And please, 25 vs 31 isn't that big of a deal late game when Gyara truly shines.

This is an insane prize for any tournament and no, "pretty standard gimmick" does not make sense gunthug. 

Congrats to the homie that rng's their way through "The Price is Right" and wins this thing. I hope it's me. 

lmao at someone using Gyarados for any reason outside of Dragon Dance. Scouted or not, it's still going to get the job done. And please, 25 vs 31 isn't that big of a deal late game when Gyara truly shines.

This is an insane prize for any tournament and no, "pretty standard gimmick" does not make sense gunthug. 

Congrats to the homie that rng's their way through "The Price is Right" and wins this thing. I hope it's me. 

Well there are a variety of dragon dance sets: 3 attacks, 2 attacks and taunt, sub/flail, sub/reversal. A player won't exactly be able to flicker between a sub/reversal set and a DD/3 attacks set unless they feel like dumping ~20k battle points every time for reversal (and afaik flail is an egg move so similar argument there)

I realize that 25 vs 31 isn't a huge deal in general, but if you've got a comp gyara with 31 attack and this shiny one with 25, which are you gonna use in an official? I dunno, this answer may vary based on the player but I certainly wouldn't use the inferior one just because it's shiny

And yeah I know "standard gimmick" is almost an oxymoron but it's less RNG based than, say, a Gen 1 only gimmick or something. I think this is a solid prize, but it's not even on the level of the comp shiny starmie IMO