[OU Discussion] Snorlax & Blissey

uhhh, no? Is this a trick question?

Would anyone object to changing the length of suspect tests from actual time to number of tournaments? E,g, Snorlax and Blissey will be banned for 6 standard OU tournaments.

Sure=Yes

Yes=you are objecting

But yeah, should we post something soon? Or just let the test finish for the month and then extend it for 6 OU tournaments or whatever we choose. 

Sure=Yes

Yes=you are objecting

But yeah, should we post something soon? Or just let the test finish for the month and then extend it for 6 OU tournaments or whatever we choose. 

y-y-yeah well, shut up!

Post something soon. Better to keep people updated than make them thinking it's gonna be over then being like "lmao go fuck ursefl kiddos".

Because we have had 2 OU tournaments already I will announce later in the thread that the test will be extended to 4 more OU tournaments. I wont go into specifics on dates but we do have a lot of OU tournaments coming up so this should not be an issue.

Because we have had 2 OU tournaments already I will announce later in the thread that the test will be extended to 4 more OU tournaments. I wont go into specifics on dates but we do have a lot of OU tournaments coming up so this should not be an issue.

weekday tournaments!?!?!??!?!?!

The time to extendoban is now

@Zebrah + Snile

What are your thoughts so far on the test ban? It looks a lot like Gengar's gonna be a problem and the peasants will rebel if we ban it.

Seems pretty gud so far. It's definitely having the original intended affect of diversifying the special walls used, which was pretty much the original goal of the test. Gengar is obviously broken, but other than that it seems fine. I still want to see a few more tournaments, since the most recent ones and their usage seemed pretty shaky imo, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with the test.

Senile has decided step down from his position in the OverUsed council because of fading interest in the game and it's tiering.

Due to these events, we have decided to give the players the ability to act on behalf of the third OverUsed council member and vote for whether they wish to Blissey and Snorlax to remain banned.

Votes will only be counted if the user has participated in an Official OU Tournament since the implementation of the Physical/Special split and will be required to link the bracket when sending the PM.

A new account will be created to collect the Private Messages and a public vote thread will be put up shortly.

inb4 both councilmen will vote the same way and whatever community thinks is irrelevant and major keks occur

Edit: Not like I don't care what community thinks but I feel like the best option is to make the UU and NU councilmen to have a vote and whichever side wins from that will be used as the "third councilmen". I can say every NU and UU council player we have also plays OU. In case a councilmen from UU/NU council isn't sure then I'd recommend to vote empty.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Votes will only be counted if the user has participated in an Official OU Tournament since the implementation of the Physical/Special split and will be required to link the bracket when sending the PM.

>Implying my vote doesn't count kek

Who is the community tiering scapegoat going to be now? How will the council survive?! Friends. Someone must adopt the needed role of cranky non-player. Please understand. I volunteer robo. He already has the right display picture.

Don't worry, I've been gettin real gud at not playing this game and being cranky with people who do.

Alright, we need to address Gligar and why it should be moved to ubers.

[spoiler]Hi guys, I'll begin participating after the Bliss/Lax vote settles and what not. Might I ask when the vote results are released? Same day as the vote ends?

Also, can we dump Think's OU Viability Thread that still is not "complete" after 5 months? I'd like to make one if that's alright with yous guys.[/spoiler]

Yeah no point in having a thread that needs to be somewhat consistently updated by a person who "quit" the game. On smogon, the viability threads are run by staff members who are in charge of their respective tier, which would work here, except it seems staff are quite busy moderating whatever, so anyone from the OU tier council would probably have to be the OP of it. 

I'd assume we will vote once Noad tallies up the votes on the snorlaxblissey account

Yeah no point in having a thread that needs to be somewhat consistently updated by a person who "quit" the game. On smogon, the viability threads are run by staff members who are in charge of their respective tier, which would work here, except it seems staff are quite busy moderating whatever, so anyone from the OU tier council would probably have to be the OP of it. 

I'd assume we will vote once Noad tallies up the votes on the snorlaxblissey account

I mean I don't have to make it, if you or Robo want to, go for it.

• Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.