[Denied]Pokemon Hunting Ground

Create an area in the game where you can have a hunting ground (the game corner on 2 island comes to mind as a location). To activate the hunting ground, the player must bring 5 pairs of species. The grounds would then open to the player who can then hunt in those grounds and they would only encounter those 5 species. You could have it on a step based system like the safari zone and the player would have to keep bringing 5 pairs for each round.

Thoughts?

I like the idea and can use it in another way like the fishing contests in the anime .. the player catch a cretin amount/specific nature/species and hand it to NPC and get a cretin prize/item as a PVE automated event or something like that.

+1 for your idea though 

Edited by Yugi

So, you bring with you let's say, Rattata, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle and Mankey, and you'll find in the zone only those 5 pokes. Did i get it right?

yeah. A drawback that I can think of would be the proliferation of pokemon with naturally low encounter rates...

If I'm understanding this correctly, this would almost completely destroy species rarity, allowing the player to bring only rare Pokemon with them and walk away with many more than they started with. They can then use the newly caught Pokemon to activate the hunt again. This is very much like the old breeding system, allowing the player to produce endless clones, but without IVs being a requirement on the parents (meaning you can bring complete garbage with you) or them being guaranteed on the extra Pokemon being generated. I can't see this working.

Meh, could work out with some Rarity Tier, and different encounter rates depending on rarity tiers....can't really think of a good way of making it work right now, but there probably is....Maybe, instead of species, make it by egg groups, and you get only pokemon of a selected egg group with encounters based on rarity...

If I'm understanding this correctly, this would almost completely destroy species rarity, allowing the player to bring only rare Pokemon with them and walk away with many more than they started with. They can then use the newly caught Pokemon to activate the hunt again. This is very much like the old breeding system, allowing the player to produce endless clones, but without IVs being a requirement on the parents (meaning you can bring complete garbage with you) or them being guaranteed on the extra Pokemon being generated. I can't see this working.

yeah.

a limiting factor could be having to bring a male and female. Requiring more than 5 pairs (i.e. 10 pairs would help prevent the players from being able to chain rounds and force them to go back out and catch the rare pokemon again).

but yeah. It was just a thought.

Its not like breeding or cloning since they will be a wild catch also the same as the original ones .. the idea is just to hinder the unwanted species from encounters and buff those species a little more than they are in their area.

but the idea for sure will have a huge effect on species rarity.

Such an area would be harmful to the overall map, as it only serves to make other areas obsolete.

you would have to go to those areas in the first place to get the pokemon.

Porygon

#genderless

You could also, instead, make it to where the game warden asks for specific pairs of pokemon (#dailyquest). You do that, get rewarded by the warden, and as a bonus, for the rest of the day you can enter an area where only those pokemon will spawn (obviously the rare pokemon's encounter rate would be buffed from the natural rate to make it worth your while). That way, the rares can still be mixed up with commons and the players couldn't just make it a treasure trove of potential shinies.

cool I can take all the 5 pokes that I want shiny including a poke catcher and just shiny hunt for all my shiny while catching breeders. I really like this idea but I may seem to easy

edit: My phone is bad

Edited by SamuraiHunter

how about you bring 5 pokes and each had like 1% chance of encountering and the remaining 95% is regular common pokes.

EDIT: nvm, wouldnt really make a change lol

Edited by Tritios

As pointed out this has a rather huge impact on the rarity of each species.

Not only that, but it also removes the need to travel to different areas and maps once you have already obtained a species you'd like to catch more of.

For these reasons I can't really see this being implemented.