Tierlist Changes by Usage: August 7, 2015

A discussion page has been made for Rhydon. If it stays I can easily see a borderline poke or two being discussed for being brought back down. I believe a discussion page on Dusclops will appear shortly. 

Thoughts on squishy Alakazam in the tier now that we have a more reliable check in Dusclops present? Maybe it's still just the same old A-Bomb that we thought it was. Praise the heavens we don't have Choice Specs. 

Alakazam doesn't really care about dusclops that much. If anything, alakazam is more viable now since people won't run swellow in fear of being total bait for rhydon. Alakazam 2hkos max sp def dusclops with 1 layer of spikes up. Alakazam is no longer forced to run signal beam for umbreon, so it can run shadow ball for extra damage and a cheeky chance to drop sp def. 

252+ SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dusclops: 64-76 (43.5 - 51.7%) -- 62.5% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

Despite umbreon being moved up i believe Signal Beam still can be needed in late game vs damaged Houndooms.

Houndoom only takes about 50% from +1 signal beam, so you're assuming a lot that houndoom will be taking 50% or less damage (even though it gets worn down very easily) and the other person didn't reveal alakazam before hand and get himself pursuit trapped by houndoom. Hp fighting might be an option to hit the rest of the dark types that resist the psychic/ghost coverage.

• Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.