Tierlist Changes by Usage: August 7, 2015

Yea I expect to see Alakazam get moved up within this month. If it is test banned for no reason I'm going to lose my shit.

Dw, JJ should set them straight re: how to ban

Edit: also it hasn't been said yet I don't think - props to robo and co for stepping up and pushing these inevitable changes through so we can get this meta evolving at the right pace Edited by Gunthug

Dw, JJ should set them straight re: how to ban

Edit: also it hasn't been said yet I don't think - props to robo and co for stepping up and pushing these inevitable changes through so we can get this meta evolving at the right pace

ty, Craig gets a special shoutout for arguing with me about this for too long last night

no love for Zebrah tho, hue

[spoiler]

inbox was full

[/spoiler]

Edited by Robofiend

Zam gets stopped by Swellow as well- Swellow is faster, Return OHKOes, so would Pursuit if Zam gets scared. Dusclops does fairly well against it too, even after +1 it can win the 1v1 matchup (45% chance ha). But yeah, Alakazam is currently among the most potent, if not the single most powerful, threat in the whole tier. Still, excited to see the tier w/o Umb and P2, but with Clops and Ride On. Pretty sure Clops gonna be poo tho

I like the changes based on Usage but can you guys reconsider Porygon2? in my logic it doesn't need to be moved up just because it's populair in OU with all the gyarados and jolteons.

that goes against usage based tiering. If a pokemon is used a lot in OU, it is "overused" and therefore isn't "underused"

that goes against usage based tiering. If a pokemon is used a lot in OU, it is "overused" and therefore isn't "underused"

So awesome, so let's bring down Sceptile, Slaking and whatever else in OU that isn't used like Dusclop and Rhydon. Because they are underused.

so why not use the same logic on Porygon2? It's simply not OP in UU and its even better to have more options available out of Kanga and Clefable.

Porygon2 will not be moved back down to UU unless it falls beneath the cut off point in OU usage. There is not a lot of point in discussing this as we follow usage based tiering and have no plans to change this. 

so why not use the same logic on Porygon2? It's simply not OP in UU and its even better to have more options available out of Kanga and Clefable.

the same logic doesnt apply for pory2 - it's OVER the usage cutoff for OU (which is 4.38% I think). The pokes you listed earlier (sceptile, slaking) were UNDER the usage cutoff so they came down for a brief test, and got banned to BL. If Pory2 was under the cutoff it woulda stayed, but the council can't just arbitrarily pick pokemon to ignore the usage statistics. If they could, forretress and cloyster would be in UU too

Thanks for the quick reply Noad. I didn't knew that Sceptile has been used in UU already. What about moving Miltank down to UU. I don't think a lot of people are going to use it in OU with Pory and Umbreon.

Miltank isn't OU by usage though - it's BL. In fact, for future reference: any pokemon you see in BL, has already been tested and banned from UU

(now, with rhydon around, miltank may be less strong but that's a conversation for another thread)

Porygon2 will not be moved back down to UU unless it falls beneath the cut off point in OU usage. There is not a lot of point in discussing this as we follow usage based tiering and have no plans to change this. 

> Sceptile, Blaziken  -4.38%, Let's test it in UU. Oh no too demn strong. It's unhealthy guys. Let's use common sense and ban it to BL with all the calcs its not good to have it in the UU tier. 

>Porygon2, 30% usage in OU. Let's move it up guys cuz we follow the usage based tiering and let's keep it  there cuz we make no freakingg sense.

sorry ma'am but i thought Tier council was here to make tiers healthy and have more variety in each tier. I didn't know they were here to ignore their common sense and follow strict rules.

Edited by Chavaz

> Sceptile, Blaziken  -4.38%, Let's test it in UU. Oh no too demn strong. It's unhealthy guys. Let's use common sense and ban it to BL with all the calcs its not good to have it in the UU tier. 

>Porygon2, 30% usage in OU. Let's move it up guys cuz we follow the usage based tiering and let's keep it  there cuz we make no freakingg sense.

sorry ma'am but i thought Tier council was here to make tiers healthy and have more variety in each tier. I didn't know they were here to ignore their common sense and follow strict rules.

Sceptile and Blaziken were already tested in UU and they were just too strong.

I could argue there is multiple "OU" Pokemon which could probably even not entirely break the UU metagame if they were moved there. Doing exceptions like having P2 in the UU tier just because it's not broken but it's overused to "balance the metagame" and "have variety" would entirely negate the whole point of the tiers - which is to have as many Pokemon to have usage as possible.

Yeah man I agree with u, in fact, I also asked the same thing before the move to OU happened and they were right, if we're following this way to decide which Pokemon are in each tier then we need to follow them as they should, so P2 is OU for usage then becomes OU, just that simple

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.