[NU Discussion] Jynx

gonna say no for a couple reasons:

Sneasel's bad, its walled to death by Blastoise and Hitmontop

Flareon's ok, but we should wait to see if it becomes a problem

Misdreavus just doesn't counter it

You're forgetting about Lovely kiss

252 SpA Jynx Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Misdreavus: 154-183 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO

I have to agree it's probably better keep it out of NU but I just think it was unfair to completely not discuss it through.

Edit: Let's not forget there are others stuff for Jynx as well but not a lot. Fire-types (Torkoal, Ninetales, Rapidash and Metang Pursuit traps it etc.)

oh yeah Lovely Kiss lel get fucked Metang

Edited by OrangeManiac
  • 1 month later...

The only way I see Jynx coming back to NU is if we complex ban CM for the entire tier. (kek)

On a more serious note, Jynx doesn't belong in NU and should remain in BL2. Sneasel, Flareon and Grumpig are not immune to Lovely Kiss. If Hypno was in the tier, it would be another story.

The thing is Sneasel is crap in a meta with Blastoise. If the nu council happens to ban amph and toise, then Sneasel would have a clear place in the meta countering the impressive calm minders. Until then it's pretty poop outside of being an unhealthy cb pursuit trapping necessity.

Just run sneasel+roselia= gg blastoise. actually has pretty decent synergy, at least for special attackers

Ya but who wants to have that kind of a stricture on their game play? Without fearow Sneasel is really our only revenge killer of jynx. Pray you don't get slept, froze, or hit with hp fighting/signal beam on that switch in.

Ya but who wants to have that kind of a stricture on their game play? Without fearow Sneasel is really our only revenge killer of jynx. Pray you don't get slept, froze, or hit with hp fighting/signal beam on that switch in.

HP fighting is quite good to handle Aggron as well.

I don't think Sneasel can get frozen though. (not sure)

Hitmontop is still going to make Sneasel worthless regardless.

scyther can revenge kill. hitmontop kind of can

252+ Atk Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Jynx: 67-79 (47.5 - 56%) -- 79.7% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Jynx: 83-98 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 248 SpA Jynx Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Flareon: 97-115 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.