PokeMMO Creepypasta Writing Contest: Revengeance (Oct. 1st - Oct. 31st)

Haha I just noticed the "& Knuckles 3" on the poster.

Really looking forward to reading the entries next month.  I may even attempt to write one, though, it would probably be one of the worst lol.

ETA:  The link for basic PokeMMO rules is not working.

Edited by Articein
  • 2 weeks later...

So in the rules guidelines it says

• It takes place in the universe of PokeMMO. Meaning you can reference game mechanics, involve teams and friends, etc. You can speak as if you were the trainer in the game or the gamer in front of your pc, it doesn't really matter. But it's PokeMMO.

What would my penalty be if I completely disregarded this rule guideline? As in, my story wasn't about PokeMMO at all. Would that disqualify me, or would it just be a point deduction?

Edited by Gunthug

• It takes place in the universe of PokeMMO. Meaning you can reference game mechanics, involve teams and friends, etc. You can speak as if you were the trainer in the game or the gamer in front of your pc, it doesn't really matter. But it's PokeMMO.
What would my penalty be if I completely disregarded this rule guideline? As in, my story wasn't about PokeMMO at all. Would that disqualify me, or would it just be a point deduction?
You really are a lawyer LOL

Uhhh yeah sure whatever
The most important guideline is probably "just make it good"

[spoiler] 

IGN: Exegesis

Title: The Feature Creepening 2: Electric boogaloo: Revengeance

WC: ~ 1540

Chapter I: Karl, the Pyromaniac

Once upon a time on a hot summer’s day off the shores of Fuchsia City, Garold the Short—commonly dubbed as Shorts—stood cautious of the weather. “It has to be one of those sporadic heat waves that surface the southern leagues of Kanto region.” Karl pointed out. “Perhaps it may be the Wrath of Ho-Oh” Sandi the Sailor protested. Both Karl and Sandi are a loyal lot to Garold. Karl is presently pursuing his studies in thermo-electric engineering, he particularly specializes in reactionary substances that permit implosive Pokémon such as the likes of Voltorb and Koffing to unexpectedly self-destruct under irregular pressured conditions. “Rest assured, with a boiling temperature like this, we will sooner all be wiped-out the instant this heat trespasses the thermo-danger zone on the thermometer scale.” Karl pointed out. “Wiped-out? Do you mean to say gradually roast?” Sandi tried to correct him. “No. Wiped-out. I am certain of what I had said. With a temperature like this, high reactive Pokémon are prone to—” “—Explode?” Garold interrupted the dialogue, as if he had just awoken from a pensive state. “Karl, Karl, Karl. You always do this” sighed Sandei. “Do what exactly?” Karl was irritated with her remark. “This. Your obsession with explosives and dreams of the world being—” “Oh. Don’t you dare call me a pyromaniac Sandi, my profession has naught to do with fire. I specialize in—” “—Guys look!” Garold shouted. “Over there. Do you see it?” he pointed his finger. “Over where?” both Karl and Sandi turned towards Shorts’ direction. As his finger fixed at the prospect, thickened black soot began to haze the remote distant sky whilst a cloud of smoke expanded from the depths of fiery; the three ambitious trainers observed an intense yelping and discharging of a volcano as lava began to emerge from its glowing peak.

Chapter II: Mt. Magcargo

"You shall not pass here." A tumultuous voice echoed within the dark cavernous lairs of the den. Panting, Garold struggled to escape the grudging sound as he stumbled over a dozing Geodude, landing elbows and chin first to the ground. The Geodude slept unmoved. When he lifted his countenance to the side, a pile of dirt filled his mouth. Coughing was all that Garold could do as a sketchy apparition loomed before his eyes. When it unfolded itself, "Sandshrewww" was the sound it made as it stood before Garold's mismatched eyes. Gaunt and miserable, it is just a Sandshrew, he assured himself. "No it is not" a voice like ice sheered in—the former grudging voice—"you shall not pass here" it hollowly uttered. Its deathly tone chilled Garold's spine as he felt the life slipping out from his chest. Flesh calloused, he stood petrified, paralyzed to grip his own mercurial life. No. Do not go. Not now. I am to be the next Pokémon master, he clung tenaciously to his life. The more he refused to let go, the narrower his breath had gotten as fearful shrills shattered his pace. "You shall not pass here." The voice insisted as it fed on his inner streams of consciousness, devouring his gooey flesh. "You will not pass here." Suddenly, he heard a Snap. Obliviously agonized, the last that Garold had done was an all-out squeal "Aaaaaaaaaaarrrgh…"—"Are you okay? Shorts?" Sandei towered over him. "I will go on. I must go on. I am destined to be a Pokemon master– the Pokemon master! Reveal yourself you craven fool!" He yelled. This time however, only Sandei replied, and her voice was not as shabby as compared to the fiendish voice that had began to disembowel his entrails. "Shorts..." Sandei leaned closer. Indecisively, he stretched the tip of his palm towards his cranium to assure that the villain had not seized all of his wits. My head is intact. So is my hair, ears, and eyeballs. I can feel my heart throbbing. "The sand—” he began to cough. “—there, there is no sand in my lungs, I can talk." His ears channeled towards a tune that sounded familiar to him. He turned his chin—"Lapry?" shocked, "where am I?" He thought. Gradually, the memory sewed back his senses as he recognized that he was resting on Sandei's Lapras. "What have you dreamt?" Sandei asked. Instead of answering, Garold looked to his shoulder and asked "where is Karl?" "He took off with Seako. They should be approaching Cinnabar Island’s shores by now, pray he does make it safe." She said, not unconcerned. "Wait, what? You let him mount on a Kingdra?" Garold was puzzled. "He urged me to, Shorts. He wants to explore the land before we set ashore, for our safety.” Karl had told her earlier."How long have I been out?" Garold asked. "We should be half-way to our destination,” she presumed, “the volcano we spotted this morning had attuned your senses. It was a wicked sight!" She said. Attuned my senses. Garold could not help but to recall the nightmare that haunted him. There was something peculiar about it, he thought, yet he knew this was not the time to ponder on it as they had a voyage to endure. “Lapry, how is our sail coming along dear one?” Garold glimpsed the glimmer in Sandei’s eyes. This one belongs to the sea. Unlike Karl, who grew up in Saffron City, Sandei had only moved there two years ago from her native city at Vermilion, to pursue studies and to where she first befriended Karl and Garold. "I hate it here. I cannot tolerate the intoxicating smog circulating this city day and night" she would often complain. "Home is where the sea is. At the quay..." Small wonder she looks tranquil now. Reclined on Lapry with eyes to the sky, Garold spotted a flock of Wingulls soaring the open blue as Lapry voyaged through Seaform Islands. Goldeens and Horseas raced through the summer water while Magikarps splashed their fins on the surface of the sea. The sail was calm and persistent. The scent of the sea. It was sometime past afternoon when the prospect of the volcano flashed back to him. Mount Magcargo, the common folk called it. It was to remain dormant for a good century or more archaeologists estimated, Karl had told them all about it. He is hot-blooded, that one is, like the volcano we are approaching. Karl rushed to Cinnabar Island despite his loathing of the sea. He wants to explore the land before we set ashore, for our safety, Karl had told Sandei. More like to pursue his own schemes. Yet, where do I stand? I am to be the greatest Pokémon master of all time. A legend that will trail the footsteps of Ash Ketchum. This tad adventure will soon awash, and my path for glory is yet to unveil itself.

Chapter III: Part One – An Apprentice's Duty  

Tumultuous shrieks shook the restless hour of twilight. Mourns and screams shattered the aftermath of the eruption that had occurred this morn. Common citizens panted paranoid, aghast from the outbreak that is obliterating Cinnabar. Commands such as "to the eastern quays!" and "to the shores!” were shouted out; "No time for packing!" a guardsman’s whistle shrilled through the unforeseeable mess. Children wailed for their mothers while mothers mourned for their scattered children. Guildsmen brawled one another as lads vandalized homes and town centers. This place is gone mad. A disaster unleashed. "Sir, back off to the other route!", a guardsman blocked Karl from entering the gate. “No one is to cross this gate–  Ma'am, please..." the guard vanished in the crowd. Another guardsman blew his whistle, this time however, the shrill of the whistle faded in the midst of the catastrophic shrieks. People were evacuating from all routes while automobiles jammed the roads. Some Pokémon trainers were fortunate enough to reach the shores by the aid of their Pokémon that dispersed both land and sky. Karl spotted a lad mount his Pidgeot, while near the Pokémon center, a more advanced trainer meditated and telepathically communicated with an Alakazam as they both teleported at that instant. Off to the curb, a troubled girl dragged her slowpoke as it disobeyed to withdraw itself back in the pokeball whilst the oblivious creature stood staring at nothing. Nurses and Blisseys were overloaded by the injured casualties. The crowd escalated as the whistles boomed. Pokémon went astray and mart centers collapsed. Mount Magcargo havocked as cinders and debris danced through the impervious smog. Not far off in the distance, Karl caught sight of Voltorb, Koffing, and Grimer, together with their evolutionary forms heading towards the vaporizing volcano. They are emitting a ritual. Some elite power is commanding these Pokémon to self-destruct. I must trail behind their route cautiously and investigate the cause of this, else wise, if all these Pokémon explode, then naught but ashes will remain of Kanto… Karl paid no heed to the mourns of common folk as he fixed the edge of his glasses and drew to his task, to unravel the mystery that caused such Pokémon to react by such erratic means.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Exegesis

Title : The Feature Creepening 2: Electric Boogaloo: Revengence

IGN : Kingice

Word Count : 1199

Starring Kingice as "CaptainBuggy" and CyberXIII as "CaptainKid"

[spoiler]

Revenge Of The CRIMSON Gemstone

All we could hear was a door slowly creaking as a breeze blew through it. What horror awaits on the other side went through my mind, as I looked at my partner, a piece of me didn't want to go further... but instinctively he said "Oi CaptainBuggy, let's go". As I looked at the door creaking open and closed, many thoughts went through my mind... As we entered the cold dark room we saw her... She was just laying there on the ground Gray as Ash in the cold winter. The look on her face, the look of fear in her eyes that seem to pierce into the depths of my soul, I was frightened. Then CaptainKid said "Something feels off here ya know? Who would want to murder the Creepy Old Lady on Route 111 that helps young trainers on the way to Fallarbor Town..." As we stood there Looking for clues her body suddenly crumbled into Ash as though it were nothing but snow scattered in the winter wind, we stood in awe at what we witnessed. I said, "it could have been done by the Fire Type Poke'mon due to its location, it is possible." But after a second Look, there weren't any burn marks or scorches anywhere. "How can a body just crumble into ash, with no trace of fire or anything!" I exclaimed. As the ash became unsettled, due to the wind in the room, we saw a Crimson Gemstone where her body once lay... While we were capturing the scene in detail for the report, Officer Jenny came into the room and approached the Crimson Gemstone where the old lady once lay, as she picked it up the room filled with Mist and a Cold wind started to blow and the creaking door shut with a "Bang" as the lights went out. The sight we saw next was frightening, a shadowy figure appeared from the mist with Big Glowing Crimson Eyes as Officer Jenny let out a scream so terrifying it froze us in our place, then we heard a "Thud", as the mist began to fade we saw her as grey as ash "Just like the Old Lady" CaptainKid said. We sat there for a while contemplating what we had saw and how we were going to proceed, when we heard tale of a Exorcist in Lavender Town in Kanto and that a special device to enable one to see ghosts was being developed by Silph Co.

We sent word to the Exorcist immediately and I went to have a meeting with the President of Silph Co. While I was on my way to Saffron City, CaptainKid went on an investigation on to who gave the old Lady the Crimson Gemstone. Lead after lead he failed until he got a tip off about a Fossil Maniac in Fallarbor Town. When CaptainKid got there it was a bit strange, he asked people if they have seen him around lately but all of them looking tired and drained, denied not seeing him lately. The town looked tired and gloomy, something must have happened he said. As he approached the Maniacs house something strange was happening there was a Foul Aura radiating from the house. As he rushed in he saw a young boy on the ground, as he rushed over to the boys aid he heard the boy say "Please... Sir... Help my brother... Something is... Wrong" then he collapsed, after getting the boy to Aid he went in to Confront the Maniac. As he entered the basement all you could hear was a faint knocking sound "Tik...Tik" in the distance. As CaptainKid got closer the sound got stronger and stronger until he saw a shadowy figure in the distance kneeling forward seeming as if he was trying to dig to the end of the earth... As CaptainKid got close enough to see the Maniac he called out to him "Oi, Fossil Maniac we need to talk" then the Maniac suddenly stopped digging... he slowly turned his head towards CaptainKid but his neck twitching and twitching, inch by inch as their eyes met Captainkid saw The Maniac was not himself his eyes Black as the night, then he Lunged at CaptainKid! CaptainKid Called out Gengar to aid him against this Menacing Maniac, Blow for blow they fought until help arrived. It was the Exorcist, sensing an Aura of darkness she charged in and helped subdue the Maniac. They questioned the Maniac and found out that he had Sold a rock with a slight Crimson Gemstone gleaming from within to the Old Lady a few years back, but it was still in cased in rock there was no gemstone. I was on my way back with the Silph Scope to Route 111 when I heard what had happened. We met up at the Pokemon Center in Fallarbor and together we went to the Old Lady's House on Route 111. As we started to draw closer and closer to the house the Exorcist seemed to get more and more anxious, talking to herself saying chants and stuff, it started to freak CaptainKid and Myself out quite a bit but we pressed on and on until we were right there in front of the house, then she Suddenly ceased all movement and started to mutter words to herself. Already creeped out we entered the house, all you could hear was the creaking door and the Exorcist muttering words to herself until we got to the Crimson Gemstone... It was laying there where if fell from Officer Jenny's grasp, the only source of light coming from the Moon through the broken window, at this point we were really frightened.

Then the clouds started to cover the moon and the light began to fade when Exorcist went to the Crimson Gemstone and touched it... All of a sudden once again the room started to fill with Mist, but as the Shadowy Figure appeared The Exorcist Lunged toward it and they fought rigorously. The mist was fading fast and as the clouds past the moon the light began to become stronger and I used the Silph Scope to help us Identify the Culprit. It was a SABLEYE, It looked different than the normal one, its eyes Crimson as the Gemstone we found. Then it kicked in, The Gemstone was the SABLEYE! They fought and fought, and we called our Pokemon Gengar and Alakazam to aid the Exorcist. She finally sent it back and sealed it within the Gemstone it was Coming from... Tired and weak she then spoke to us, "it seems the SABLEYE was once abused and started to Hate everything around it, and when it died its SOUL clung to its Crimson EYE so anyone who took it or even touched it the SABLEYE would come out and suck out their SOUL" she said. "So the myth about them sucking out your SOUL was true" I exclaimed, CaptainKid said "Look at the Pokedex, It says it as well!" The Case was finally closed and the Crimson Gemstone was sent to Silph Co. to keep it under wraps or so we thought...

THE END...

[/spoiler]

It didn't want to accept my text from Word 'Chiller" anyone know how to get it to work?

Edited by kingicev

Thought I'd give this one a go, hope my story is not too dark!

IGN: ShadowBoxer

Word Count: Exactly 1500! Cutting it close!

[spoiler]

The Feature Creepening 2: Electric Boogaloo – Revengence

‘Fingers crossed, Mimey,’ I said with a grin at my oldest friend. This Mr. Mime had come a long way since the “incident” with his last trainer and I was relieved he was becoming more social.

‘Mime,’ he replied unenthusiastically.

Baby steps, I told myself.

The front door finally swung open, startling the both of us.

‘Ah! It’s you! You’re just in time,’ said the short balding man in the doorway. ‘I’m the day-care man, I breed pokemon to help them unlock their true potential. You must be Rhonda. Come in!’

I smiled and stepped inside, but Mimey remained eerily still. Before I could say a word, he began to yell at the top of his lungs. I quickly returned him to his pokeball with embarrassment. ‘Sorry about that! Mimey had a traumatic experience with his last trainer... he’s a bit shy around new people.’

The man comprehended this for a moment then grinned widely. ‘Let me show you around.’

It was a much bigger centre than I had imagined. Clean, tidy, with hardly a trace of a pokemon at all!

‘I’m the day-care lady,’ a pleasant voice spoke, ‘we can raise pokemon for you. Would you like us to—’

‘NOT NOW, GLADYS!’ the man erupted and quickly apologised to me.

Gladys shot me a dark look and disappeared from the front room.

‘We don’t really have any time off here and go a little crazy sometimes. Hopefully with you working a few shifts we’ll be able to relax a bit.’

‘Happy to help!’ I chimed. Times were tough lately; the economy had taken some odd turns.

The tour continued and I was relieved to see some Nidorans, a Psyduck and even a Doduo roaming around outside the complex.

‘Where are all the other pokemon?’ I finally got the courage to ask, still shaken by the man’s sudden outburst at his wife.

‘Why, they’re busy breeding!’ he said with open arms. ‘We like to give them some privacy, of course.’

I looked down the hallway in which I stood and felt like I’d jumped the gun. Six closed doors on either side lined the walls and some weird music was being played behind each door.

He must have seen the confused look on my face. ‘That’s the Boogaloo! Don’t ask why, but the pokemon love disco! Now, don’t you worry about the breeding just yet. Your job is the food.’

Take gross mush from machine; roll into balls; put in bag; seal bag. Nothing more, nothing less. By the end of the day I was ready to quit and go digging for Everstones.

‘Thank you so much for today, Rhonda,’ said the day-care man. ‘I promise it won’t always be this tedious!’

He handed me a thick, white envelope.

‘I put a little bonus in there because you worked so hard. Come see me in a while!’

I thanked him and the rest of his family multiple times on the way out and opened my pay the second I was out the door. Any lingering pain in my fingers disappeared when I realised how much Yen I’d just made. I was already looking forward to the next shift!

‘Mime,’ a voice said softly in the night.

‘Mime!’ it repeated louder and raised me from my bed.

‘Mimey, it’s like 2am!’ I muttered angrily, weary from the day’s work. ‘Why are you out of your pokeball?’

He motioned for me to follow him and then climbed quickly through the window before I could object.

‘Dammit, Mimey!’ I called after him, fumbling with shoes.

By the time I was outside, Mimey was at the end of the street. I grabbed my bike in a panic.

The route was familiar, and when we arrived at the day-care centre I had decided exactly what to say to that mischievous clown.

‘Mimey... you can’t just—’

Without hesitation Mimey jumped straight through the front window of the day-care, shattering the glass to pieces!

‘MIMEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?’ I tried to yell and whisper simultaneously.

No reply.

Without any other choice, I followed, praying I could find him before someone found me... before I lost my lucrative job!

The windowsill was cold and the broken glass looked incredibly sharp. I couldn’t help but imagine myself slipping and being impaled halfway through. With a deep breath I hoisted myself up and in. Already exhausted from the bike ride, I bent over and took a minute to recover.

The silent night erupted with a horrific scream, throwing me back against the window with fright.

‘MIMEY!’ I yelled back and sprinted out to the forbidden corridor.

The screaming cut off abruptly and something heavy crashed down to the floor in one of the far rooms. I could feel the vibration of the impact under my feet and stopped in my tracks. Once again there was silence, only now I shook uncontrollably with fear.

Baby steps, I thought to myself again, now literally.

I edged slowly down the hall, feeling like my knees would give way if I put a foot slightly wrong. I wanted to call out to Mimey but my lungs forbade me from releasing a sound. Already I could feel my eyes watering with fear of what I might find in that room.

Another scuffle came from the room beside me. I froze and held my breath until it hurt. The scuffling continued until I could bear it no longer. I carefully opened the door with as little noise as possible.

I had expected a horrible sight and it was nothing less... only now I wasn’t scared—I was furious.

Two Pikachus were huddled together in a cage so small it couldn’t even contain their jagged tails. Each had a coloured band around its leg. They cowered from me in the tiny space, unable to move more than an inch.

‘Oh my God!’ I cried and ran to release them.

The instant I removed the bolt, another scream came from down the hall. This one I recognised.

‘Mimey! I’m coming!’ I roared with rage and newfound courage, leaving the Pikachus to escape on their own.

The lights went out in the hallway. I strained my eyes and there was undeniably a figure now standing at the opposite end.

‘Mimey?’ I asked softly towards the silhouette. ‘Is that you?’

‘You shouldn’t be here, Rhonda,’ said a loud husky voice. ‘You should not have come.’

‘You! You can’t treat pokemon like this!’

‘The trainers give them to me. I can do what I want.’

I breathed audibly with anger. Tears rushed down my cheeks into gritted teeth.

‘Now that you’re here, perhaps I’ll give you the rest of the tour,’ the day-care man said menacingly. ‘The door behind me leads to my prized pokemon—the first pokemon I ever caught, in fact. I won’t keep you in suspense: the pokemon is a Kingler.’

I stood dumbfounded.

‘Did you know that Kingler’s pincer has over ten thousand horsepower of strength? With a move like guillotine... well... you asked why there weren’t many pokemon around, didn’t you?’

My mouth dropped open, allowing my jaw to tremble with horror.

The cruel man continued, ‘You had seemed like a smart girl, Rhonda, do you need me to explain what went into that machine to make those yummy little poke-treats?’

‘No,’ was all I could say. The word escaped as a tiny whisper. ‘No,’ I tried again, falling to my knees.

‘I’m sorry you had to find this out so soon. I was hoping to build you up to it. I can’t let you leave, obviously. Especially since there’s still one more secret I have to share with you. You’re going to love this, too.’

My body jerked violently now. My mind was fixed on all the pokemon that trainers had left behind.

‘Mimey and I happen to know each other. He and his old trainer were very... nosey.’

My head snapped towards him. ‘ENOUGH! JUST STOP IT!’ I cried. It sounded intimidating, but I was closer to falling apart than being any kind of threat.

‘You’re right. That’s quite enough. It’s time for you to meet my Kingler, just like Mimey’s old trainer.’

I muttered something under my breath.

‘What’s that dear? If those were your last words, you should shout them out to the world. Although no one will hear anyway...’

‘Fine. I said, “MIMEY USE HYPERBEAM!”’

The day-care man turned quickly but never had a chance to avoid the attack.

Mimey had recovered with his sitrus berry and blasted the wicked human through the opposite door and into one of his own cages.

Pulling myself together, I crawled to the shattered door and ensured the cage was locked. I sat back and sobbed until the man regained consciousness.

‘Let’s go, Mimey,’ I said firmly, switching the Boogaloo music on loudly.

The pair of Pikachus walked past me into the room and threw their leg braces at the man. We left the day-care with the sound of screams behind us. 

###

[/spoiler]

Edited by ShadowBoxer

Ok, I don't expect to win, and the word limit killed me inside (1500 is harder than a buffed Metapod). Regardless, I enjoyed writing this and hope you all enjoy as well!

IGN: ByeByeKitty​

Word Count: 2019​

Title: "The Feature Creepening 2: Electric Boogaloo: Revengeance (and Knuckles 3) "​

[spoiler]

Chapter 1: The Cutest of Charms

"Another Trainer wound up missing yesterday, Officer Jenny. Like every other time, the trail ends right at the edge of the tall grass."

The young recruit wiped his brow. This was the 50th trainer missing in the past couple weeks. Whomever or whatever was happening had begun to accelerate beyond the investigative capabilities of their tiny department. His thoughts were jarred by the terse words of his superior:

"File the report. There's nothing we can do for now. We'll send these to all the surrounding stations, but without any real evidence…Just file the reports."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pleeeeease?" Aria looked up at her big sister ByeByeKitty with her large blue eyes, pleading with all the cuteness she could muster. "You said when you came back from beating the Elite Four that you'd help me catch a bunch of cute Pokémon! You promised!"

"Hmm?" ByeByeKitty, champion of the Pokémon League in 2 regions, was lost in her studies. She wanted so badly to find the exotic Pokémon, that she hadn't done anything but devour any research she could find on their whereabouts and habits. She turned to her little sister and was pulled back to reality for a moment as she saw the 12 year old girl at the door, hopping impatiently.

"I suppose I could take a break for a few days. The Pokémon have been there for ages, I guess they'll wait for me to load up my baby sis on all the cute she can handle." Her statement was met with excited squeals and Aria went rushing down the hall shouting "I'll get my PokeBalls and change!"

Minutes later, the two girls were at the door, ready to embark. ByeByeKitty sorted through her Pokémon, and Aria skipped around her. Their mom came out of the kitchen with their lunches and kissed each girl on the cheek. "Be safe, try to be back before nightfall, there were some more disappearances on TV earlier, I don't want to be worried about you two."

"Don't worry mommy, ByeByeKitty is the Champion! She'll scare away any baddies that wanna snatch me up!" Aria chimed, gleefully dancing around with her Skitty purse and Eevee hat. "Let's go already! I don't want to waste another moment!" ByeByeKitty waved to their mother as Aria dragged her bodily out the front door "I'll take care of this munchkin mom, don't worry."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, let's start in Route 116, I want a Skitty and an Eevee and a Whismur first!"

The little girl was practically vibrating with excitement. Finally, she'd get her first Pokémon on a hunt with her famous big sister.

"Let me land first, Aria! Stop wriggling!" ByeByeKitty was trying to contain her own giddiness as well. While she had caught and trained hundreds of Pokémon, the thrill of the tall grass never ceased to excite her. "Land by the PokeCenter Altaria, we'll stock up on supplies and then start out."

Soon, they were strolling happily towards the grass of Route 116, singing silly songs as ByeByeKitty's Pokémon chimed in with their happy chatter. As they got closer, they saw a dirty looking man whistling as he strolled around the edge of the grass. ByeByeKitty shouted out "Hey Clark! How are you?" The man turned with a broad smile "Well if it isn't the Big-time Champ herself! How's it going ByeByeKitty? Is this your little sister?"

Introductions were made, and Clark turned towards the grass "I'm guessing you two are after a couple of them cuties in the grass over there? You take care of yourselves, ok? I'm going to go meet up with Devan, so I'll see you later!" Clark waved and sauntered off towards the grass.

The girls gleefully waded into the grass, wandering about to see if they could find any wild Pokémon. A couple hours later, out of breath and hungry, they sat in a small clearing to eat lunch. "Ugh, nothing but Nincadas. We haven't seen one Skitty or Eevee." Aria pouted as she ate her sandwich "Plus it rained and now my shoes are all muddy" she said as she raised a mud-caked shoe towards her sister for inspection.

"Ew! I'm trying to eat here!" ByeByeKitty leaned away from her sister as she dug into her various snacks and distributed cookies to her Pokémon. "Don't worry, we'll find them. Just gotta be patient kid." ByeByeKitty's outfit, on the other hand, was spotless. Endlessly obsessive over her appearance, she always took great care when hunting.

Their lunch finished, ByeByeKitty leaned back against her Altaria and soon dozed off. Bored, but not wanting to wake her notoriously grumpy sister (one time upon being awoken, she tried using a PokeBall on Aria in a sleepy rage), Aria decided to walk along the edge of the clearing and find a puddle to clean off some of the mud. As she knelt to tighten her laces, she saw a pink object from just behind the grass on her right. Looking over, she saw the adorable face of a wild Skitty chasing its tail. Aria gasped with excitement and grabbed her purse holding the PokeBalls. She turned to her sister, then decided against waking her up thinking "I can do this, it's just a Skitty, and I won't go far". Turning back, she took off in the direction of the Skitty, soon disappearing into the grass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a long yawn and a satisfying stretch, ByeByeKitty sat up from her nap. Checking her watch, she realized she had been asleep for a couple of hours. "Sorry Aria, I guess I was tired from studyi--" she broke off as she realized she was alone in the clearing. "Aria?" ByeByeKitty took a few steps into the tall grass, hoping to catch a glimpse of her baby sister. As she returned, brow furrowed, she noticed a familiar object snagged on a nearby bush. She realized it was an ear from her sister's Eevee hat. "Arcanine, I choose you!" ByeByeKitty cried as she lifted a PokeBall from her pack. Arcanine appeared before her, and she held up the ear "Use Odor Sleuth! Find Aria!"

Sniffing the torn ear, Arcanine raised his head, and took off into the tall grass, with ByeByeKitty close at his heels. In their haste to find Aria, they never noticed the large hiking boots and discarded backpack sitting nearby, with a Geodude lying fainted a few feet away…

About an hour later, Arcanine suddenly stopped near a cluster of large trees. Sniffing the air, he turned to ByeByeKitty and jerked his head towards the middle of the cluster. ByeByeKitty squeezed in between a few of the trees and peered into the darkness. She could just make out a decently-sized hole in the largest trunk, and muddy footprints near the edge. Returning Arcanine to his PokeBall, she pulled out another and quietly whispered "Volbeat, I choose you!". Her little friend appeared by her side, looking up at her with concern. Volbeat's Illuminate ability made it easier to see, as ByeByeKitty slowly entered the hole.

Following a twisted series of tunnels, ByeByeKitty soon came upon a lit overlook, and peered down into a large room. At first, she saw dozens of small Pokémon, busy running to and fro, carrying little parcels. In the center of the room, she saw the most beautiful bright red Delcatty, being groomed on either side by small red Skitty. The Delcatty was looking towards the far wall, and following her gaze, ByeByeKitty gasped as she saw a row of trainers, bedraggled and weeping, being blasted by Azumarills and Psyducks using Hydro Pump. Returning Volbeat to his PokeBall, she crept down the tunnel to a corner near the bound trainers. Sneaking up behind the nearest one, she hid as the Pokémon rotated shifts, and whispered in his ear "I'm here to help, what's going on?"

He turned his face slightly towards her, and she recognized her friend Hiker Clark. He whispered "Thank Arceus you've come! They are insane! This Delcatty has been capturing dirty Trainers and forcing the others to clean them to her standards, which are never met!"

"PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" ByeByeKitty jumped as she heard the explosion from beneath her. "What in hell was that?" she whispered tersely to the Clark. "That's the sound of another trainer not meeting Delcatty's impossible standards of beauty. She sends them below to where they have the Claydol wait. They are then forced to Self-Destruct, permanently cleansing themselves and the Trainers…"

"Have you seen my sister Aria?" ByeByeKitty whispered frantically as the next shift of Pokémon neared. "She's over there" -Clark indicated a suspended row of trainers behind Delcatty- "Those are the ones she finds especially filthy and in need of more 'rigorous' attention."

"This ends now!" ByeByeKitty gritted her teeth in anger "I'll get you guys out, just hold tight". Reaching into her bag, she brought out three PokeBalls, and called out Aron, Gardevoir, and Pikachu. Emerging from behind Clark, she startled the first few Psyducks that saw her as she cried "Pikachu! Shockwave!" With a loud "CHUUUUU", Pikachu leveled the line of Psyducks. "Gardevoir! Light Screen! Protect the Trainers!" Gardevoir summoned a wall of screens in front of the bedraggled trainers with a wave. "Aron! EARTHQUAKE! Level them!" Aron summoned a mighty earthquake, shaking the entire nest, sending all the Skitties flying away. Pikachu dashed back and forth, blasting Psyducks left and right with waves of electricity, as Gardevoir worked tirelessly to protect the trainers from stray bolts and using Hypnosis on any Pokémon that escaped the fury of the storms and earthquakes.

Suddenly, the nest went still, as a haunting song filled the room. Pikachu stopped, then laid down to sleep next to the snoring Aron. Gardevoir soon drifted into a corner, peacefully falling asleep next to Clark. Looking up drowsily, ByeByeKitty saw Delcatty, still standing in the center of the room, eyes flashing in anger, as she sang the room to sleep around her. Resisting the exhaustion pulling at her, ByeByeKitty pulled her Pokémon close to her sister and glared defiantly at Delcatty. With a cry, Delcatty flicked her tail and soon Claydol filled the room. They all clustered around ByeByeKitty and the other trainers, and she saw they were winding up to Self-Destruct. Shaking Gardevoir, ByeByeKitty frantically tried to wake her sleeping friend. "Get us out of here!" Gardevoir opened an eye, and was shocked awake at the impending danger. Without a sound, she jumped up, and threw up Light Screen to protect the humans and sleeping Pokémon, and turned to look back at ByeByeKitty with a sad smile as she sighed and opened a black hole behind her with the last of her strength. As ByeByeKitty and the others were sucked through, she heard the faint "phooom" of the Claydol horde Self-Destructing behind them, before appearing at the PokeCenter.

"Oh no! Are you alright?" ByeByeKitty looked up to see Nurse Joy's concerned face peering down at her. "You all look awful! Here, come let me help you out!"

The next day, after constant questioning by Officer Jenny and the media, ByeByeKitty and Aria returned home to mourn the loss of the heroic Gardevoir, who gave her life to save them all.

"The plan failed, ma'am. The altered Delcatty was discovered and subsequently destroyed by the girl's interference." A figure leaned casually in the doorway. "It was only a matter of time before someone found out anyways. What do we do now?"

She laughed, the sound ringing beautifully and eerily in the lobby. "We will prepare for the next stage. It's clear that they believe the danger to be past. The use of the Skitties and their irresistable charm went off wonderfully! We couldn't have hoped for greater success. We just need to use it more effectively next time. Now go, we open in a moment, and I can't have you here."

The figure bowed, and took his leave. As he left, a young Trainer bumped into him. "Sorry sir, excuse me!" He looked towards the counter "Hey! Good morning!"

She turned to the boy with a bright smile "Hey Joey! Welcome to our Pokémon Center!"….

To Be Continued…. [/spoiler]