[Denied]Pickup Item Table (And Finger Puppets)

Sounds right. I'd also like to get Hidden Power, False Swipe and some other TMs that don't effect the meta.

(Focus, Rest, Earthquake don't effect the meta because of their over-abundance already and Hidden Power originates from Pickup in FRLG)

Sounds right. I'd also like to get Hidden Power, False Swipe and some other TMs that don't effect the meta.

(Focus, Rest, Earthquake don't effect the meta because of their over-abundance already and Hidden Power originates from Pickup in FRLG)

ETA on your beast item table?

r are you waiting for more input/discussion before you're finished?

My suggestion is that we use a slightly modified version of the Pokemon Emerald pickup table

s6nmth.png

This is the table of items available from the pickup skill in Fire Red / Leaf Green. Also notice that all of the good items it offers (Hidden Power TM, Rare Candies, PP Up) are all available at any level. This means that anybody could catch 6 meowth and immediately farm rare candies, Hidden Power TMs, and PP Up.

Notice that it is full of berries. Rare Candies, Hidden Power, and PP up are basically the only useful items on there, as there is already a berry salesman implemented in the game.

THIS is the pickup table from pokemon Emerald.

2pybwxw.png

Major Differences:

1) No berries

2) Wider variety of items

3) The items received vary based on the level of your pokemon.

The variation by level means that somebody has to put time and effort into raising their pokemon in order to get the full benefits of the ability.

I mentioned at the top of the thread that it should be a slightly modified version of the Emerald pickup table. What would I like modified about it? Hidden Power. If you notice, Hidden Power TM is missing from the Pokemon Emerald pickup table.

If anything, the White Herb should be replaced by Hidden Power. This keeps it semi-rare while still being accessible to mid-level trainers.

SOURCE: http://bulbapedia.bu...ickup_(ability)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Suggestion 2: (Atuan's) An icon on the party bar indicating which pokemon are holding items.

Suggestion 3: The confirmation for removing an item from a pokemon should be removed. There are no negative consequences, and once pickup is implemented it will only serve to be a nuisance.

we don't need the berries because of the market infushia

we don't need the berries because of the market infushia

Which was stated in the post you just quoted.

Great idea, imo. Making Hidden Power available would be fantastic - would occasionally add some fun variation to PvP, and would help differentiate the hordes of EV'd pokes in the trade market. And making those limited-per-account items more available is great... Creating mass alternate accounts is horribly dreary.

ETA on your beast item table?

r are you waiting for more input/discussion before you're finished?

GET OFF MY BACK.

Seriously, probably not tonight. Maybe much later. Gonna draw it with crayons first.

PS

More discussion would be very helpful.

How do we feel about: Exp. Shares, Elixirs, Ethers, Max E's, Max Revives

What other TMs are very abundant but still require a play-through like Rest and Earthquake?

Berries will obviously not be in my chart, but what other items might we be interested in?

How do we feel about: Exp. Shares, Elixirs, Ethers, Max E's, Max Revives

What other TMs are very abundant but still require a play-through like Rest and Earthquake?

Berries will obviously not be in my chart, but what other items might we be interested in?

Thief would be a good TM. Roar would too.

Not sure how I feel about exp shares, though. The other items would be good.

Definitely want to keep leftovers, though.

l2read. for real.

Which was stated in the post you just quoted.

Great idea, imo. Making Hidden Power available would be fantastic - would occasionally add some fun variation to PvP, and would help differentiate the hordes of EV'd pokes in the trade market. And making those limited-per-account items more available is great... Creating mass alternate accounts is horribly dreary.

I know, that's why I'm wondering why they aree in there. Of course we don't want probability of rare things like PP up or rare candy to be too high, but there should at least be something that makes more sense. For example: star dust is not as valuable as star piece or nugget, so it could be a little higher in percentage. Also, fluffy tails (fleeing tools like those) would make sense because they aren't valuable, but are not redundant and sold somewhere else, as well as adding in low percentages of power rasing items for specific types (dragon scale, poison barb, shadow tag, so on).

Edit: Include Poke-balls and potions like in Emerald too.

Forget everything I said, I didn't read the post thoroughly.

If you're saying "merge the two table's together"

Then yes I completely support you, as this idea was mentioned in my hidden power thread.

EDIT:

Also for the record, whilst you're saying we don't need berries, as we have a berries salesman in the game - bare with me, as I have a suggestion on the way that could cover this.

If you're saying "merge the two table's together"

Then yes I completely support you, as this idea was mentioned in my hidden power thread.

EDIT:

Also for the record, whilst you're saying we don't need berries, as we have a berries salesman in the game - bare with me, as I have a suggestion on the way that could cover this.

Adding to the berries thing I think that Berry Pots should be implemented, that way people can make their own berries for free and then we could (maybe) take some of the more popular berries out of the store.

Adding to the berries thing I think that Berry Pots should be implemented, that way people can make their own berries for free and then we could (maybe) take some of the more popular berries out of the store.

I agree, I support WarOX's idea also.

it allows for berry growing outside of regions with loamy soil.

Hopefully Giygas likes the idea I shall post later, and I'll put links in it to all four of the threads, if the others do not mind, that is?

Thief would be a good TM. Roar would too.

Not sure how I feel about exp shares, though. The other items would be good.

Definitely want to keep leftovers, though.

Thief: Great idea. This is what I'm looking for. It's an important TM that can be used often without hurting the meta game much.

Roar: Can actually be purchased at Celadon, so nah.

i dont like the idea of leveling persian to 100 just to get Hidden Power. Level 50 should be fine to be aible to get anything on the table. I dont even like persian and wouldnt even use it otherwise so i think its unfair to force people to level it to 100 just for getting hidden power.

i dont like the idea of leveling persian to 100 just to get Hidden Power. Level 50 should be fine to be aible to get anything on the table. I dont even like persian and wouldnt even use it otherwise so i think its unfair to force people to level it to 100 just for getting hidden power.

Persian doesn't have pickup.

You don't think it's fair to have to level pokemon.

People already level their meowth/persian to 100 for payday

aible

pls go.

since my post was removed i repeat myself in a different tone. You guys have a talent for getting me mad.

Just leave it like it was in Fire Red. If you like leveling so much you can do it, no one will say anything against that but dont make ridiculous obstacles for players who dont want to. If you want a minimum level for some items, go with lvl 50. lvl 100 is for hardcore nerds who can afford spending all their time on this game just for hidden power.

to bring the argument "you dont want to level then go" is kind off twisted, it should be "I want to level? cool, ill do it, no one complains about it"

So level it to 100 if you like but dont make it the hurdle for getting hidden power

since my post was removed i repeat myself in a different tone. You guys have a talent for getting me mad.

Just leave it like it was in Fire Red. If you like leveling so much you can do it, no one will say anything against that but dont make ridiculous obstacles for players who dont want to. If you want a minimum level for some items, go with lvl 50. lvl 100 is for hardcore nerds who can afford spending all their time on this game just for hidden power.

to bring the argument "you dont want to level then go" is kind off twisted, it should be "I want to level? cool, ill do it, no one complains about it"

So level it to 100 if you like but dont make it the hurdle for getting hidden power

I don't think you realize that the pickup table goes to 91-100 in Emerald. This is how it is in the games. This suggestion is only tailoring that to fit with Fire Red. Get the hell over it.

So trade someone for it. There are plenty of one-playthrough items that are very sought after. Ie. EQ for hidden power. For someone who can run 6x lvl 100 Meowths that sounds about an even trade.

People get you mad on the forums? Stop being an illiterate poop.

1% False Swipe (level 11-30), Hidden Power (level 31-50), Rest (level 51-70), Focus Punch (level 71-90), Earthquake (91-100), Leftovers (81-100)
If anything, the White Herb should be replaced by Hidden Power. This keeps it semi-rare while still being accessible to mid-level trainers.

2pybwxw.png

The only people to suggest a level bracket for Hidden Power have been Giygas and myself. Giygas suggested the 40-60 bracket and I suggested the 30-50 bracket. Not to mention Hidden Power can be learned by all pokemon, making it 100% passable via breeding so long as the father knows the TM.

Christ. Go away. This is a Gen 3 MMO, not just Fire Red online. MMO's entail tedious grinding. If that's not your thing, go buy BW2 and play that.

Although I like the idea, I think there needs to be berries instead, seeing as they are hard to obtain otherwise in FR/LG

Again: Go to the Pokemart in Safferon, there's a berry salesman there, person sells all sorts of Berries from Basic berries and EV reducing berries, to Pokeblock Berries.

Berrysalesman_zps273d0041.png

Image above for reference, man in the red box is the mark.

Anyway, I like this idea as well.

Edited by vsalinas005

Again: Go to the Pokemart in Safferon, there's a berry salesman there, person sells all sorts of Berries from Basic berries and EV reducing berries, to Pokeblock Berries.

Berrysalesman_zps273d0041.png

Image above for reference, man in the red box is the mark.

Anyway, I like this idea as well.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you could buy berries from him.