[Denied]Pickup Item Table (And Finger Puppets)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with this idea. Emerald pick-up table is far and above better than it's FireRed/LeafGreen counterpart.

However potions/balls/vitamins are all renewable items that can be bought elsewhere. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I think there's an opportunity here for a way for players to get otherwise unrenewable TMs. 3 otherwise unrenewable TMs is great, but why not more?

EDIT: posted this not seeing the extra 2 pages. If I was gonna add TMs I'd add toxic. Very usefull and very versatile.

I'm for dropping potions, full heals and X-attack, but assuming TMs will eventually be renewable, I wouldn't want to flood pickup with too many.

I don't think we want every pickup item to be good. Otherwise Pickup farming would be a little bit broken. (Broken as in overpowered)

Let's say you want to farm Moon Stones, which at level 41-50 have a 30% chance to be picked up. All lower levels are 10% or less, and all higher don't pick them up. What you'd want, ideally, is to get 6 Meowth to level 41, go to Route 1, kill a Pidgey/Rattata and then check your party for items. You dequip any found items and repeat the process until you get the amount of Moon Stones you want.

Let's say you want to farm Moon Stones, which at level 41-50 have a 30% chance to be picked up. All lower levels are 10% or less, and all higher don't pick them up. What you'd want, ideally, is to get 6 Meowth to level 41, go to Route 1, kill a Pidgey/Rattata and then check your party for items. You dequip any found items and repeat the process until you get the amount of Moon Stones you want.

interesting. so its after every battle, not after so many steps?

If this is going to be a thing with chart from later generations with TM hp been for a certain lvl, I would like to know what level it will be for. I would like to prepare my meowth team as soon as possible as I would like to grind alot of these to begin with at least.

Great Idea though, I am liking it

• 1 month later...

I feel weird about throwing in so many TMs just to make them easier to find. If you're really set on it however, Taunt (TM12) is missing from your "can find in-game but only once" list.

IMO the charts should only be merged, basically keeping the template for Emerald but replacing one white herb (I think the 51-60 bracket) and one ether (I think the 41-50 bracket) with Hidden Power. The extra herbs will not be missed (I've only ever seen it work well in 5th gen with shell smash or Acrobat Crobat) and the extra ethers suck compared to elixers anyway. However I think they should still be obtainable in the game just for the sake of completeness.

Even if my suggestion is not taken into account I support this. I want pickup implemented, and I want it implemented 3 months ago.

I feel weird about throwing in so many TMs just to make them easier to find. If you're really set on it however, Taunt (TM12) is missing from your "can find in-game but only once" list.

lol... there's a lot more than Taunt missing from that list. There are about 10 TMs of the 50 that are renewable.

IMO the charts should only be merged, basically keeping the template for Emerald but replacing one white herb (I think the 51-60 bracket) and one ether (I think the 41-50 bracket) with Hidden Power. The extra herbs will not be missed (I've only ever seen it work well in 5th gen with shell smash or Acrobat Crobat) and the extra ethers suck compared to elixers anyway. However I think they should still be obtainable in the game just for the sake of completeness.

The general consensus seems to be using Emerald's table but dropping the irrelevant/stupid items, like the white herb.

The general consensus seems to be using Emerald's table but dropping the irrelevant/stupid items, like the white herb.

Pretty much.

I have a full team of shiny meowth (and one persian) currently being leveled to 100 for this. I'll be a little disappointed if we only get the fire red pickup table.

Two lists would be ideal aesthetically, I think. It makes sense a pokemon would pick up a different item in a different place, and it's easier to balance. However, there's some problems with this:

People want renewable eqs and focus punches NOW.

Some believe the firered/leafgreen pickup system is abusable.

We get many things from the firered/leafgreen pickup system that we already have and don't need.

[iMO]

The game is in Alpha. That means waiting for all features to be put in. If some areas of the game are not complete then the whole system shouldn't be altered away from the course that will lead to the best result when all areas are available. If 2 distinct pickup lists would lead to the best diversity when we get the second one, making sure we have 2 and not merging them should come before pointing out elements of the game we really really want. Note that I'm not trying to say we shouldn't alter the leafgreen/firered list, but throwing out the possibility of using the important elements it (and only it) contains would make the game less dynamic. In other words, for the sake of the game's future, it would be best to leave focus punch and earthquake out of the new list. This is for the sake of needing to pickup farm in some regions for some items, while farming in other regions for other items. That adds a new element to the game.

I'd also like to point out that it's easier to abuse the Rare candies/PP-ups with the Emerald list, as long as you're willing to grind first (people have already proven they are). Even if the leafgreen/firered pickup lists make pickup grinding broken (as in over powered), it's still possible to have them mimic the emerald list while not containing TMs and other important items that should be left in Hoenn. This would also make pickup less redundant with berry pots and all.

Also I don't see why the Emerald list is less abusable than the firered versions. The only people people who wouldn't eventually get more Rare Candies and PP-ups overall are people who are unwilling or do not know enough to get their pickup party to the optimum grinding level. These people probably wouldn't pickup grind in the first place.

[/iMO]

I DO feel bad for those who got 6 meowths to lvl 100, but at least when Hoenn comes out they won't need to do the grinding again. Besides, you can get great utility out of a lvl 100 meowth as it is.

lol... there's a lot more than Taunt missing from that list. There are about 10 TMs of the 50 that are renewable.

Sorry. My knowledge of TMs is pretty sLaking.

I really needed a bad joke today. I apologize for the inconvenience

I DO feel bad for those who got 6 meowths to lvl 100, but at least when Hoenn comes out they won't need to do the grinding again. Besides, you can get great utility out of a lvl 100 meowth as it is.

Or in my case, 6 shiny meowth... Honestly rare candies could be replaced at lower levels if that would help. Or entirely. Honestly, rare candies are way less important than things like PP ups and a renewable source of some TMs and Ethers.