[Denied]Home Room

Hello PokeMMO Community, I am just going to make a suggestion about home rooms. It will be a function where you can add your friends/teammates to a room that only people you invite can go in. I am aware this is much like a Secret Base, which is already implemented in PokeMMO and the regular Pokemon games, but I was thinking maybe PokeMMO can be different, and make an option to be able to invite users to your home room.

How It Works

• Right Click a Username or User sprite on the map.
  • Option Comes up under the other links saying: "Invite To Home Room"
  • Once they accept the invite, it sends you and the player to your home room, it is a private room just like a secret base, only it is not a part of the regular map. It is completely hidden to people who are uninvited. You do not have to worry about people just walking in.
  • It is basically like a whisper, only inside of a room that you can freely customize and make it look awesome! Also can be GREAT for pictures!
  • You can also battle inside the rooms! 
  • 30k To make a room in the first place

Pros

• Just Awesome
  • Private, free, and very customisable.
  • Add as many friends as you like, only people in the room can read and see the messages.
  • Not found on the map, so it is custom to you and you only.
  • Great for team pictures and just screenshots in general
  • It can be used as a group chat, like only your friends even if your in different teams.
  • A BUNCH OF FREE ITEMS AND DECORATION SWEET!

Cons

• Almost the same as a secret base.
  • Can possibly be abused.
  • Would take a long time to implement.
  • Not 100% needed, just used for fun and privacy.
  • Items are free but 30k to make a room.
  • Every character can only make 1 Room.

Well guys to end this off, I kind of like the idea, idk how everyone else will think, but reply your opinions, I think it would be nice to implement or think about! :)

-Isaac

You're better off taking what you like from here and suggesting it be added to the secret base, moreso than a new concept from scratch.

What exactly in here is different from the secret base, and how is it better?

Not located on the regular map, people can't just walk in the must be invited, every item is free, so it is more customizable. Much better for pictures, that's pretty much it.

First off, "Every item is free" is a bad idea for various reasons.  As pointed out, free stuff in a secret base means no money sink.  It also means you don't need to work for the things you want, which also has negative side effects.  The first one to come to mind would be status; A player can show off their wealth by how many cool hidden base items they have.  If you make those items free, then that guy can't do that anymore.

This idea as a whole, while not bad, doesn't really bring anything useful to the table.  Last I checked Hidden Bases are already dead content, and this is just a private version of that correct?  This content would also end up dead except for special occasions like, as you mentioned, team screenshots and meetings. 

Honestly the time could be better spent improving upon our already existing hidden base content, and adding some useful stuff to that.
That being said a "Private" option on your base(Similar to changing Private chat to 'Off' in Runescape stops people from entering your secret base) would be kind of nice, if we actually had some reason to go into our bases. 
It would also be cool to see a Runescape-ish Clan Citadel type thing for our Teams.  In my opinion that would be far more active and useful(Provided some content is added there) than our current Secret Base content.  If I remember correctly Grand Fantasia has something similar for it's guilds. 

Not located on the regular map, people can't just walk in the must be invited, every item is free, so it is more customizable. Much better for pictures, that's pretty much it.

The only players who can just walk into your secret base are those on your friends list. Anyone else will just be asked if they want to create a secret base there. I'm struggling to see the benefit to this at all since it's not almost the same thing as a secret base, it's exactly the same thing as a secret base.

Lol I knew all you guys where gonna try to bump this down, and say it was a bad/shitty idea. Didn't expect anymore or any less from this community tbh. I just had a small suggestion, its basically just a way to have some free shit, and take good pictures, it doesnt have to look dungeon like, like how the bases do. And Xela, if its the exact same thing as a secret base, please remind me when the devs made everything free? exactly.

Lol I knew all you guys where gonna try to bump this down, and say it was a bad/shitty idea. Didn't expect anymore or any less from this community tbh. I just had a small suggestion, its basically just a way to have some free shit, and take good pictures, it doesnt have to look dungeon like, like how the bases do. And Xela, if its the exact same thing as a secret base, please remind me when the devs made everything free? exactly.

Strip away the free item functionality and you have secret bases. All this suggestion boils down to is a 30k secret base where you can decorate with whatever you want. Secret bases are already private because only players on your friends list can see it. For example, I can't just go and find your secret base because I'm not on your friends list. What you are suggesting is duplicating a feature that already exists, except that you have to go out and purchase your decorations for your secret base whereas this would just give these to you. This is a lot of unnecessary work to reinvent the wheel when improvements on secret bases can be suggested.

Strip away the free item functionality and you have secret bases. All this suggestion boils down to is a 30k secret base where you can decorate with whatever you want. Secret bases are already private because only players on your friends list can see it. For example, I can't just go and find your secret base because I'm not on your friends list. What you are suggesting is duplicating a feature that already exists, except that you have to go out and purchase your decorations for your secret base whereas this would just give these to you. This is a lot of unnecessary work to reinvent the wheel when improvements on secret bases can be suggested.

I did mention that it is basically the same as a secret base, only more added to it...

I did mention that it is basically the same as a secret base, only more added to it...

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking the idea, but if that's the case it should have been worded that way from the start. (Edit: Suggesting that they make a seperate Secret Base-ish piece of content rather than just making current ones more useful and fun to use is the main issue I see with the original suggestion)
Our Secret Base system is really lacking though, and honestly needs more added to it.  As to whether your original idea is what it needs, I won't say, but I think Secret Bases need more functional and fun things first.  I remember I had an idea a while back about how neat it'd be to play Chess with a friend inside of a secret base, stuff like that could contribute to reviving Secret Bases. 
It's nice to see someone recognizing this issue and trying to contribute though.

Edit2:
Also the "Free items for your base" suggestion is flawed.  Players should always have to work for the things they own, even if the effort is minimal.  It encourages people to play the game.

Edited by DaftKitteh

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking the idea, but if that's the case it should have been worded that way from the start. (Edit: Suggesting that they make a seperate Secret Base-ish piece of content rather than just making current ones more useful and fun to use is the main issue I see with the original suggestion)
Our Secret Base system is really lacking though, and honestly needs more added to it.  As to whether your original idea is what it needs, I won't say, but I think Secret Bases need more functional and fun things first.  I remember I had an idea a while back about how neat it'd be to play Chess with a friend inside of a secret base, stuff like that could contribute to reviving Secret Bases. 
It's nice to see someone recognizing this issue and trying to contribute though.

Edit2:
Also the "Free items for your base" suggestion is flawed.  Players should always have to work for the things they own, even if the effort is minimal.  It encourages people to play the game.

Like always, I say a 18 word sentence and get a whole paragraph back. this is expected. But anyways, was basically just saying that we have such an open space to making things better... the progress of PokeMMO is just lazy imo, so many things can be improved, polished, and more custom then just the regular pokemon games... sigh..

Edit2:

I'm sorry but with this boring money grinding system i don't think it encourages people to play the game actually it makes people leave.I don't log on the same anymore because i'm sick of doing the same shit NPC battles so it doesn't encourage people at all.That's what i think.

And everything in pokemmo has to be with money i don't see anything being free.Since this is a Online MMO u could give gift money sometimes like 300 k each month and mini games.But u always think this being abused.While u "think" u should try before saying it would be abused

And i like this suggestion it would be a nice private place.

I'm sorry but with this boring money grinding system i don't think it encourages people to play the game actually it makes people leave.I don't log on the same anymore because i'm sick of doing the same shit NPC battles so it doesn't encourage people at all.That's what i think.

And everything in pokemmo has to be with money i don't see anything being free.Since this is a Online MMO u could give gift money sometimes like 300 k each month and mini games.But u always think this being abused.While u "think" u should try before saying it would be abused

And i like this suggestion it would be a nice private place.

Then that's an issue with the gameplay and making money, and you can contribute to fixing the issue by making suggestions and discussion, but "Make everything free" is not a solution.
A lot of the value of things in an MMO comes from the work you need to invest into getting it.  If you start handing out free things left and right then it becomes less about working hard for what you own, and then things get devalued.  This is especially the case with the suggestion you made of just giving a free 300k to players every month.  What this does is it encourages players to log on once a month, then just be lazy until their next 'welfare check', as I would call it, comes in. 
A better idea in my opinion would be a daily challenges system, where you log in daily and complete random/pre-set challenges and earn a reward that scales with the difficulty of the challenge.  This encourages actual gameplay by making you do some sort of activity, and also encourages players to log in on a daily basis.
As for minigames, yeah that's a cool idea. 

Note that I'm not trying to say there isn't an issue with our game currently, I'm just saying that OPs suggestion does nothing to fix the problems you just mentioned, and as I've mentioned it doesn't bring much content to the game that we don't already have.  If you'd like to have a private place to go to, I agree with Xela's points here:

The only players who can just walk into your secret base are those on your friends list. Anyone else will just be asked if they want to create a secret base there. I'm struggling to see the benefit to this at all since it's not almost the same thing as a secret base, it's exactly the same thing as a secret base.

Anyways I'm getting off topic, and since there's nothing more I have to say regarding OPs suggestion I'm going to go back to playing OSRS.  It's been a pleasure coming back from the dead and talking to you guys.

Then that's an issue with the gameplay and making money, and you can contribute to fixing the issue by making suggestions and discussion, but "Make everything free" is not a solution.
A lot of the value of things in an MMO comes from the work you need to invest into getting it.  If you start handing out free things left and right then it becomes less about working hard for what you own, and then things get devalued.  This is especially the case with the suggestion you made of just giving a free 300k to players every month.  What this does is it encourages players to log on once a month, then just be lazy until their next 'welfare check', as I would call it, comes in. 
A better idea in my opinion would be a daily challenges system, where you log in daily and complete random/pre-set challenges and earn a reward that scales with the difficulty of the challenge.  This encourages actual gameplay by making you do some sort of activity, and also encourages players to log in on a daily basis.
As for minigames, yeah that's a cool idea. 

Note that I'm not trying to say there isn't an issue with our game currently, I'm just saying that OPs suggestion does nothing to fix the problems you just mentioned, and as I've mentioned it doesn't bring much content to the game that we don't already have.  If you'd like to have a private place to go to, I agree with Xela's points here:

Anyways I'm getting off topic, and since there's nothing more I have to say regarding OPs suggestion I'm going to go back to playing OSRS.  It's been a pleasure coming back from the dead and talking to you guys.

I didn't meant to make "everything free" what i meant is that everything in pokemmo has a need of cash.

But yeah i do agree this is a idea close to secret base that is already implemented.

But still why not put this? 

Even tho it's almost the same i don't see any problem on this.

But i'm not deciding ofc xD staff is the one who decide.

K to simplify it for you
There is no purpose.

[spoiler] to make it what harder: this idea is equal to secret bases it having no money sinks makes it even worse.
The only con would be that your whole team could join it and you can ban people from joining it. With that said you can just update your friendslist if you desire people to stay out or in for that matter, making this happen would be 1. Time consuming(time easily better spend) 2. No money sinks 3. Would make secret bases useless 4. No real pros that would warrant this [/spoiler]

Meh, I don't like the idea of items being given for free.

I got bored as hell with Minecraft because you can just stick Creative on and have no challenge whatsoever, and I'm the type that loves building rather than the mining/exploring.

Other than that, it's a Secret Base with a different name. Teams usually grab a random building and "claim" it as a HQ.

Most of the teams I've been in claim PC top floors in various towns/cities, or other places that aren't flooded with people for that privacy.

That's just my thoughts on it.