[Denied] Battle Timer to reset to 3min after EACH MOVE not for the entire battle

Right now the battle timer is a set 3:00 total for the entire battle and does not reset between moves.

My suggestion is to reset the timer to 3:00 after EACH MOVE, not for the ENTIRE battle. 

During official tournaments you need time to think, plan and strategize. A teammate of mine just lost his match in the 2nd round of an official tournament for timing out, and there was no clear winner yet in his match. Each person still had 4 pokemon at full health left.

My teammate had less than 30 seconds left on his clock with 4 full health pokemon left. Even if he could make every move in 1 second for the remainder of the battle, he still would have timed out near the end. 

Three minutes is not much time to ask for between moves and will keep the integrity of the AFK timer intact. It will also give plenty of time to plan or strategize your next move. And the most important part: you wont time out in the middle of an intense battle!

You gain 10 seconds on the timer after you select a move. Sure, if you want to calculate the damage of every move in any scenario, the timer will come short.

But 3 minutes and 10 seconds (after 6 moves that's a whole minute extra) is plenty of time.

You gain 10 seconds on the timer after you select a move. Sure, if you want to calculate the damage of every move in any scenario, the timer will come short.

But 3 minutes and 10 seconds (after 6 moves that's a whole minute extra) is plenty of time.

That's your opinion. He wasnt calculating damage between moves. And he wasnt even asking teammates for advice. In my opinion he didnt have enough time. Not to mention the extreme amount of lag during an official event would drain 10 seconds out of most player's connections. 

Edited by WolfgangDamien

I think giving 3 minutes per each move is really a lot. The matches would take ages as they used to. One of the points of implementing that timer was to make battles more dynamic.

But I also agree that 10 sec is way too little too. Even if you don't calc and only think about whether to attack or switch or what moveset can opponent have you often end up with having to make hasty decisions at the end of battle.

What about 30 sec per turn? i think its enough to assess the situation and choose the right action and it doesn't slow down the battle too much?

The idea is that we want you to take 10 seconds per move on average.

Even if he could make every move in 1 second for the remainder of the battle, he still would have timed out near the end. 

This statement is wrong, if he took less than 10 per turn, his timer would go up.

You're supposed to take 10 on average, and the 3 minute pool is just for the exceptional circumstances in which you need more time to think for a particularly difficult play.

The idea is that we want you to take 10 seconds per move on average.

This statement is wrong, if he took less than 10 per turn, his timer would go up.

You're supposed to take 10 on average, and the 3 minute pool is just for the exceptional circumstances in which you need more time to think for a particularly difficult play.

Ill admit I didnt know that you gained any time at all during the battle when I posted this. I participated in the tournament too but did not noticed any time change on my clock, probably because of the lag. 

I can safely say that this will not be happening. 3 minutes per turn has the potential to drag battles out to a ridiculous extent. The timer exists to prevent time stalling (and discourage damage calculations/coaching). If a player is mindful of the timer, they shouldn't run out of seconds in a normal battle.