[8 Gym Challenge] KingCheerio Badge (LYLE: KingCheerios)

When you have the choice between giving something to the community or making yourself look like an arrogant bastard, you can always count on lyle to make the wrong decision. It's probably better if it remains that way.

Are you kidding me right now? We've put a lot of fucking work into this and if you want to criticize us for making a format where players have the opportunity to duel several of LYLE's top competitors and truly prove themselves then so be it. We made this format with the community in mind so that they truly have a challenge rather than a cakewalk through gimmicks. If we continue to see this kind of bullshit I'll be deleting this thread. We could have just left it at playing 5 members and that's that, but we wanted to give more incentive for players to battle other gyms and to tie this event together.

For fucking shame.

Are you kidding me right now? We've put a lot of fucking work into this and if you want to criticize us for making a format where players have the opportunity to duel several of LYLE's top competitors and truly prove themselves then so be it. We made this format with the community in mind so that they truly have a challenge rather than a cakewalk through gimmicks. If we continue to see this kind of bullshit I'll be deleting this thread. We could have just left it at playing 5 members and that's that, but we wanted to give more incentive for players to battle other gyms and to tie this event together.

For fucking shame.

Then don't propose a deadlock

Then don't propose a deadlock

The rules we implemented were approved by our host, eggplant, who for the second time acknowledged our decision and did not object to it in this thread. If you are unable to beat our players you have a fail safe by beating the other 7 gyms. End of discussion. Edited by DoubleJ

The rules we implemented were approved by our host, eggplant, who for the second time acknowledged our decision and did not object to it in this thread. If you are unable to beat our players you have a fail safe by beating the other 7 gyms. End of discussion.

Unfortunately CloudXI's gym can't be challenged without beating your gym, since they accepted your challenge to create retared rules, hence resulting in a deadlock. I'm not criticising the time and effort you have put into this, nor the difficulty of your gym, but your rules essentially says "Either we are the last gym, or we are creating a deadlock." I'm sorry, but that is just a stupid way of doing it, regardless of who approves of it.

Unfortunately CloudXI's gym can't be challenged without beating your gym, since they accepted your challenge to create retared rules, hence resulting in a deadlock. I'm not criticising the time and effort you have put into this, nor the difficulty of your gym, but your rules essentially says "Either we are the last gym, or we are creating a deadlock." I'm sorry, but that is just a stupid way of doing it, regardless of who approves of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

"You only get 2 chances to defeat one member. Thus, if you lose 2 matches with a member that you challenged, you can no longer challenge that said member."

tbh if this rule was taken out or modified this discussion wouldn't be taking place. 5/8 Lyle members is a big deal (obv not me, I could win here ez) but to add onto that a chance to just never get the badge... from a challenger perspective its an almost impossible task.

I'd suggest lowering the amount of wins needed to have a date with Bowser or changing the above rule so that you have to battle everyone b4 you can re battle a member you lost twice to.

"You only get 2 chances to defeat one member. Thus, if you lose 2 matches with a member that you challenged, you can no longer challenge that said member."

tbh if this rule was taken out or modified this discussion wouldn't be taking place. 5/8 Lyle members is a big deal (obv not me, I could win here ez) but to add onto that a chance to just never get the badge... from a challenger perspective its an almost impossible task.

I'd suggest lowering the amount of wins needed to have a date with Bowser or changing the above rule so that you have to battle everyone b4 you can re battle a member you lost twice to.

But if they could battle the same person over and over, wouldn't that just get annoying for the trainer that wins every time?

As a trainer, I feel that would be quite annoying.

But if they could battle the same person over and over, wouldn't that just get annoying for the trainer that wins every time?

But at the same time isn't that the point of a gym. I suppose a cooldown period could be added as well between rematches

give them a cooldown, its not like you're forced to accept every time. like if they lose 3 times to the same person. 2 day cooldown or whatever

not to be "that guy" but am i the only one who'd like a payment for accepting multiple rematches or is that totally out of the question

probably not the 'right' thing to do but it's probably not an entirely bad idea. 

depends on the price though

Ok. Let me break this down for you. If you don't have all of the 7 other badges from this event, you have to challenge our members in order to play the  gym leader, KingBowser. You have 16 chances to win 5 matches. If you win your 5th match on your 16th try, you will finish with a 31% win percentage against this gym and still have a chance to play Bowser. 

Does that sound hard? No. If you finished with a 31% win percentage in the PSL you'd get laughed at (looking at Robo). And even if you can't pull that off, we have given you a second opportunity to play Bowser by defeating the other 7 gyms. Fair.

To touch on the rest of our rules, we set a cap on how many challenges you can make to our members because we want the community to have equal opportunity to challenge this gym rather than the same people trying to win over and over again. In reality, I personally would likely only be able to accept 1 or maybe 2 matches a week because of time constraints (2 would be asking more than the PSL did). Wouldn't you rather have more community members involved than just a slim few?

In reality this thread has 19 likes and one challenger eager to compete, and only a handful of people up in arms (Frags, Vorred, Craig, and PandaJJ; Zebra I'm proud of you). If the few are going to ruin it for the many, I apologize on their behalf. Trolls are gonna troll. 

Eggplant thank you for putting this together, and I apologize that these few are shitting on your chance to bring the community together.