[Denied] Better Berry Farming

Berry farming is way too easy and not grindy enough for an MMO environment

my suggestion is to implement a feature where you have to use a fertilizer to make your berries grow,

and this fertilizer is made by grinding together 12 thick clubs using a special machine.

To access this special machine you must have permission from the Berrymaster.

To get permission from the Berrymaster you have to complete 20 quests for him.

Each quest will involve either finding a set number of items or defeating a certain number of pokemon.

You can only complete 1 quest per day.

Quest difficulty increases the more you complete them.

The Machine itself is powered by shards.

The amount of shards you give it determine how effective it is.

The less shards you give it the higher the change the machine might not make the fertilizer

The following chart compares the number of Shards inserting in the machine and the chance of failure

(note number of shards means each one. ex 10 shards means 10 Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green)

10 Shards = 90% chance of failure
20 Shards = 75% chance of failure

30 Shards = 50% chance of failure

40 Shards = 25% chance of failure

50 Shards = 1% chance of failure

(note it is impossible to gurantee 100% success so keep that in mind when using Shards)

Then if all goes well then you have your fertilizer and can start growing those berries :)

I love the idea of "Beat certain amount of quests to gain access to this" method. This sounds really interesting and I really believe the developers should implement something similar to this it would bring some type of challenge/fun to the game. For example, they should implement a dungeon, but have community members complete certain amount of quests before gaining access to it. As for your suggestion, I think it would go great with the current farming system.

Closing as this isn't a serious suggestion.

I love the idea of "Beat certain amount of quests to gain access to this" method. This sounds really interesting and I really believe the developers should implement something similar to this it would bring some type of challenge/fun to the game. For example, they should implement a dungeon, but have community members complete certain amount of quests before gaining access to it. As for your suggestion, I think it would go great with the current farming system.

If this is something you are serious about, making a new thread for it would be the thing to do.