A way to skip the baby pokemon phase

Matoka

Question

Marill and Wobbufet require an Incense in order to breed their pokemon, this is the case to explain why it wasn't possible in gen 2 when breeding was implemented.

What I am referring to however is every other baby pokemon, trying to breed a competitive pokemon that is in a line that has a non-conditional baby form that itself cannot be used to breed causes quite painfully slow progress, The easiest way to raise their happiness is leveling them up which gradually gets slower as you go and you run out of high level trainers to fight very quickly. Daisy has a cooldown and EV berries are too expensive to purchase with the simple purpose of increasing happiness

What I suggest is either: A piece of dialogue from the daycare man who checks would you like them to hatch in their baby form or not, and you can pay in order to skip their baby form

Alternatively, you could enable the ability for baby pokemon to be used in breeding.

Pokemon this relates to are:

1. Pikachu Family
  2. Jigglypuff Family
  3. Clefairy family
  4. Togepi family

Edit: a third solution would be to increase these pokemon's base happiness levels to a higher level so less effort is required to evolve them.

I made this thread because I realized I wanted to make a Wigglytuff, since it has an interesting move set and a nice HP stat, however, I forgot that I will have to raise a total of... 8 igglybuffs in order to finish my Wigglytuff. And that kinda makes me want to rip my hair out. please, I do not see any downsides to this and it creates another money sink. I beg you, please.

Edited by Matoka

You are correct that we should not be able to mass produce comps instantly, but Pikachu, Raichu, Togetic, Wigglytuff and Clefable are usable, but not as competitively viable as some other pokemon but take longer to produce by an absurd amount because everytime you breed another IV onto it you must raise their happiness, evolve them then you can finally breed them again. as mentioned before this is easier for Cleffa due to having much higher than normal starting happiness, however for the others they start off at 27%.

Daisy can only be used infrequenty, i'm not even sure how long she takes to come off cooldown, on day it took 2 hours, the next it took over 12 hours. I would be happy if they just made the other baby pokemon the same base happiness as cleffa honestly. even that much would make this a lot nicer, and if this happened I doudt everyone would start mass producing Clefables, Wigglytuffs, Pika/Raichus and Togetics, so i dont see a downside.

Edit; It seems you misunderstood the suggestion. I never said I didn't want to have to wait for the eggs to hatch, my suggestion is a way to make the process of raising baby pokemon to their breedable next evolution, Igglybuff --> Jigglypuff, etc, and as I have learned and realized thanks to others, a better solution than paying to skip it is simply equalizing their base happiness to cleffas.

ok, yeah I did misunderstand it. Still don't support it. I see nothing wrong with those certain species taking a longer time to breed... I mean, this suggestion makes the assumption that all pokemon should be equally easy to breed. Having some species like baby pokemon and genderless be harder to breed is perfectly fine.

ok, yeah I did misunderstand it. Still don't support it. I see nothing wrong with those certain species taking a longer time to breed... I mean, this suggestion makes the assumption that all pokemon should be equally easy to breed. Having some species like baby pokemon and genderless be harder to breed is perfectly fine.

That makes sense if you take it as a time/desirability ratio, but pokemon that have baby forms are not the most popular OU pokemon, 2 of them are never used and 2 of them are UU, one of them (a UU one) has a higher base happiness on hatch than the other 3, If the other 3 were better pokemon that were more rewarding to breed it would make sense that they were more time consuming to evolve, but they aren't particularly, Pikachu is fun to run with light ball but is quite a risky poke to run, Clefable I'm not sure how it does, But i know the Togetic and Wigglytuff are considered to be not strong pokemon.

I am only making this suggestion because of the fact that they, in my opinion, do not warrant this much time put into them in order to finally produce one comp pokemon.

3 genderless pokemon, and Taurus which must undergoe the same process, are in OU and are VERY strong, they warrant the time and money required to make them. I am making this comparison because people have no strong incentive to make these pokemon in the first place, and the amount of grind required between each breeding step puts people off them even further.

Oh and Pikachu breeders who want volt tackle will have to raise about 14~ Pichu's to pikachus in order to produce 1 good natured IV'd pikachu if they start from scratch because of how Lightball must be held by the father pikachu.

tl;dr baby pokemon are simply not worth the time required compared to other pokemon which are in most cases objectively better AND easier to breed. thats why I would like baby pokemon to have higher base happiness to save some time. or allow a money sink that provides a skip.

Edited by Matoka

They even added this and nobody paid attention:

So Daisy + berries + shoote bell + level up + vitamins + more berries.

Seems that now there is a good bunch of happiness-raising mechanics available.

LF guide.

Luxury Ball my friends...

"The Luxury Ball is a PokéBall that has no added Capture Rate. Instead, it helps increase the Pokémon that is within the Pokéball's happiness. For each 1 Happiness point it normally would earn, it instead earns 2, thus doubling all Happiness earned."