A Staff Member's Birthday = Increase their Mascot's Shiny Rate

I have a suggestion that just might blow people's minds, we can celebrate the birthdays of staff members. I'll give an example:

Noad's Birthday = 30% increase for shiny Skitty rate.53a91c8827fe200aa5482bab7fc60ce8.png

RacheLucario's Birthday = 30% increase for shiny Pidgey rate.b1094744e361d1fdc0bf62e9b8b687f5.png

I would say that this would make players more aware of their surroundings and overall increase the enjoyment of shiny hunting as a whole. Having a birthday shiny is like eating a birthday cake in a real life birthday party. For donor status users, things get even BETTER! Shiny rates could increase to 50% encounter rate for a birthday shiny! This can only be in affect when the birthday starts until it ends.

I would love to hear the pros and cons of this suggestion. I would like to lay out one pro and con before we start the discussion.

Pro: People can become more aware of whose birthday it is and might create a more friendly enviroment around us.

Con: Might tweak the economy for that particular shiny.

Spoiler

If there is anything that is good or bad I missed, please tell me. I love to discuss ways to better phrase or compromise my idea to make it more suitable.

This is a cute idea, but I'm afraid it won't be happening. The game doesn't revolve around us and the majority of the community know nothing about us. This would be both an unnecessary and difficult to convey feature. Some staff members may not enjoy the amount of attention this would draw to them either, and the roster changes frequently, which could lead to some confusion when a shiny day doesn't happen or one happens that players don't expect. We're happy enough being here as we are and don't need a special mechanic like this dedicated to each of us.

• Rache locked this topic