Tell Players How Breeding Rate Works

Pythonhier

Question

I am tired of standing infront of this man spamming his chat line till I get an Egg.  There is a forumla to knowing when he spawns an egg, why do players not have this to optimize their gameplay?  This is supposed to be an mmo, not me going afk watching shows, and then clicking to talk to this old guy every 1-2 minutes.

I had planned to test to see what the Breeding Rate is in Pokemmo, but after asking staff about what contributes into what determines the time it takes before you get a chance to spawn an egg there seems to be a lot more then just OT, and Species.  Even if you just tell us a full list of what contributes to the timer then we can do the testing ourselves and make a guide on it.

6 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Pythonhier said:

I am tired of standing infront of this man spamming his chat line till I get an Egg.  There is a forumla to knowing when he spawns an egg, why do players not have this to optimize their gameplay?

Because there isn't really.

There is currently a set interval that decides whether the player has created an egg or not.

There are various small influences the player can have on this decision (Whether or not they're breeding two of the same species  or whether the player is the OT for example) but nothing at all significant.

There is no secret we're hiding from anyone, it's largely RNG based.

Awhile back I requested this time either cap out or be a set period, although this isn't something we have looked at.

Whether or not it's something we revisit I don't know, but there really is no secret to egg creation that isn't already common knowledge.

6 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Because there isn't really.

There is currently a set interval that decides whether the player has created an egg or not.

There are various small influences the player can have on this decision (Whether or not they're breeding two of the same species  or whether the player is the OT for example) but nothing at all significant.

There is no secret we're hiding from anyone, it's largely RNG based.

Awhile back I requested this time either cap out or be a set period, although this isn't something we have looked at.

Whether or not it's something we revisit I don't know, but there really is no secret to egg creation that isn't already common knowledge.

The mager difference here is that your players don't know when that interval is, and your players don't know of the "small influence" that same species, OT, and anything else they added (I was told that the encounter rate also is considered in how long it takes to have a chance at an egg).  If all of these facts were player knowledge then a player could do something else for the time it takes to get a chance to get an egg. Then check back with the old man, before continuing to just do something else.  For example. I just put two pokemon on, know that I don't have a chance for an egg till 2 minutes after calculating it on the current formula, so I go fish magikarps till the egg has a chance to spawn. Go back check with the man, get an egg = great, don't get an egg, go back to fishing for two minutes. Much better then just standing there going "I wonder when I will possibly get an egg" a, a, a, a, a, a, a.  5-10 minutes later a, a, a, a, a, a.

Edited by Pythonhier