I wanna be the very best...

LSDestroy

Hi guys. My name is LSDestroy. LSDestroyy in game. Ive been playing pokemmo for a couple of days now. Just finished both regions with the exception of the battle frontier. Now that I have that out of the way I have decided to give competitive Pokemon a try for the first time in my life. I started breeding a 6x31 Gengar and got 4x31 before doing some research on competitive play. Probably just wasted some money cause I haven't passed a nature yet and the fact he is in uber tier. So I wondering if I could get some advice. What tier should a pick Pokemon for. I want be active and hit as many tornys as I can. So which is the most popular. Also how much money should a plan on spending on a comp team? Any advice is appreciated thanks

Hey, welcome

PokeMMO is going to be updated to Generation 5 (B/W; Unova) any time now, so my advice would be to carry on breeding that Gengar because it goes to OU when the update drops. (However, I'd make it 5x31 (all IVs except Attack) instead of 6x31 because Gengar doesn't use physical moves that much).

In terms of what tier to play, pick any; they all have different styles. OU has the largest player-base and so it would be easiest to find matches to practice in compared to Doubles, UU, NU and Ubers, but it's a trial and error process when it comes to deciding which is your favourite/which you're best at. 

To see the predicted OU, UU and LC tier listings for Gen 5, have a look at this thread: 

Do bear in mind that they are subject to change until the meta settles, though. If you have any further questions then I'd be happy to help :]

22 hours ago, LSDestroy said:

Hi guys. My name is LSDestroy. LSDestroyy in game. Ive been playing pokemmo for a couple of days now. Just finished both regions with the exception of the battle frontier. Now that I have that out of the way I have decided to give competitive Pokemon a try for the first time in my life. I started breeding a 6x31 Gengar and got 4x31 before doing some research on competitive play. Probably just wasted some money cause I haven't passed a nature yet and the fact he is in uber tier. So I wondering if I could get some advice. What tier should a pick Pokemon for. I want be active and hit as many tornys as I can. So which is the most popular. Also how much money should a plan on spending on a comp team? Any advice is appreciated thanks

Good evening LSDestroy, I hope you enjoy your stay.

I see that you have a desire to play competitively. Do you want to see some competitive pokemon in action plus commentary? If that is the case, then stay tuned to my brief commercial (I put your interest in bold).

Roy Rogers News: Headlines, tournament coverage and commentary, and update reportage!

Roy Rogers Tutorial: Helping you know the game just a bit better.

Roy Rogers Walkthrough: Navigation through the storymode while locating hidden items courtesy of RysPicz!

Roy Rogers Life: Personal stuff.

Spoiler

Roy Rogers Inc wants to change how you view my video content. I would like to give a taste of what RRI is looking at. I has already implemented a new fresh face by introducing thumbnail software so pictures are more appealing to look at and you might even get a chuckle when you look at the thumbnail.

Another thing that is looking to change is a new and fresh editing software with more toys for RRI to play with. If you want a taste of that, you might want to check out the Roy Rogers Walkthrough series in Hoenn. Once I am done with the Hoenn Walkthrough from that channel, then I am going to look at adding that editing software to the tool lineup.

There are two places where change is not going to happen. The Headline segment of Roy Rogers News and the What is Roy Thinking? series on the Roy Rogers Life channel. I want headline thumbnails to feature you as the thumbnail! Your the reason why headlines video are published. The older software is faster to do since I am familiar with the tools available there, so if I do change the software, it is going to take a while.

As for Roy Rogers Life, it is on the back burner because I do not have a big ego. I am going to keep this short since Roy Rogers Life is an afterthought channel.

I look forward to implementing a newer and fresher appearance to the Roy Rogers brand.

Edited by Bestfriends
Clarifying the description.
23 hours ago, LSDestroy said:

Best advice I can give you as a starter is to find a decent team that can help you get better and learn as you play.

Welcome LSDestroy glad you are venturing past the storyline ending into the competitive scene. One thing that I would agree with @epicdavenport on is a team is essential there is so much to learn and so many options on building a team depending on the tier you want to focus on. It is very competitive so practice as much as you can you will get better as time goes on.

On 11/11/2017 at 2:44 AM, LSDestroy said:

also u just in time to breed gengar because soon will back ou because in 24h we will get unova ^^

• 3 weeks later...