[Denied]Dark Pokemon

This idea might have actually gained traction in this thread: https://forums.pokem...73-shiny-paint/

However, I'm going to be that guy who goes and says "it isn't canon, therefore won't happen". Since it doesn't add any usability or function to the game other than aesthetic, I don't see how the effort needed would pay off in the end result.

Shinies don't offer anything but aesthetic value, but they are still in the game.

Dark pokemon is a good idea as it makes up for the massive decline in the value of shinies.

Shinies don't offer anything but aesthetic value, but they are still in the game.

Dark pokemon is a good idea as it makes up for the massive decline in the value of shinies.

Yea, I feel like...there just needs to be something rarer. Sure, there are a few shiny starters, shiny chanseys, scythers, etc., but there needs to be something else. That we can all go for equally.

Yea, I feel like...there just needs to be something rarer. Sure, there are a few shiny starters, shiny chanseys, scythers, etc., but there needs to be something else. That we can all go for equally.

Ahaha then it would be impossible to afford them if shiny spookies weren't enough

However, shinies were in the game to begin with. Therefore they are canon. These would be a completely new addition unlike anything that exists in any Pokemon game.

But what happens when these "dark pokemon" become common? We have even darker ones? It seems just like a cycle of rarity.

These would be a completely new addition unlike anything that exists in any Pokemon game.

They did in the 4th Pokemon movie

Dark_Tyranitar_Screenshot.jpg

This guy was called 'Dark Tyranitar'

The issue of it just being a continuous loop of adding even more rare pokemon also crossed my mind. But as Nebula said:

I think making them substantially rare will make up for it in the long run.

They did in the 4th Pokemon movie

>Implying the anime is canon.

It's a cool idea and I love it much more than "lets make shiny paint but lets not make it shiny colours, lets give every Pokemon a brand new palette". This would be much easier to do than that idea, as far as recolouring goes.

The main issue with me is still the fact that there will be a point where (however long it will take is irrelevant) they become common enough to become a commodity. This would also have a huge detriment on the value of shinies, as someone has previously pointed out.

The main issue with me is still the fact that there will be a point where (however long it will take is irrelevant) they become common enough to become a commodity. This would also have a huge detriment on the value of shinies, as someone has previously pointed out.

As an everyday player, I don't see this hurting the value of shinies, really. I just don't. lol

I also believe that this game needs something to set it apart from the handhelds. It's great that it's so much like them, but it also has so much potential for additions.

As an everyday player, I don't see this hurting the value of shinies, really. I just don't. lol

I also believe that this game needs something to set it apart from the handhelds. It's great that it's so much like them, but it also has so much potential for additions.

I like how you say it has potential for additions, I agree, if people don't want additions they can leave and go back to the original games on the handheld devices. This game has already added in things that weren't in the original handhelds, so why stop?

The problem is we aren't talking simple, useful features that add to the gameplay. We're talking purely aesthetic changes that have the potential to confuse new players.

Edit: I still think you should post in that "Shiny Paint" thread though.

The problem is we aren't talking simple, useful features that add to the gameplay. We're talking purely aesthetic changes that have the potential to confuse new players.

Then, now don't hate on me for saying this, add a search engine ingame, that way people would type what they need and then it saves the trouble of them surfing the internet for 4 minutes, sounds stupid I know but sometimes... you gotta go for it.

Then, now don't hate on me for saying this, add a search engine ingame, that way people would type what they need and then it saves the trouble of them surfing the internet for 4 minutes, sounds stupid I know but sometimes... you gotta go for it.

POKEBAR ~ Hosted by Google*

Not a completely bad idea, trust me things *similar to this idea* are being worked on.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean this in the vaguest of terms. Nothing is planned as of yet.

Not a completely bad idea, trust me things *similar to this idea* are being worked on.

Nice idea and seems good. This is a MMO with a pokemon faceplate and I love this game and can't wait to see what's next.

They are the supreme rulers and they can do whatever the hell they like, :)