[Denied]Dark Pokemon

I think, if anything, this can easily be implemented as an event.

For example, next Halloween everyone's pokemon will be greyscale'd until the end of the event.

That's sorta what I was thinking. I like the idea, and to make it work I think it would be best to only give out some dark Pokemon as rewards for contests and whatnot.

And on a side note...dark shiny Pokemon...DUN DUN DUN lol

instead of dark pokemon what about the shadow pokemon from XD and XD gale of darkness?

Shadow Pokemon are an entirely different story. (Although called 'Dark Pokemon' in Japan)

They are Pokemon modified by Team Cipher, who shut their hearts artificially, so they could be used for wrongful acts.

In addition to this, they can only use shadow type moves, a list of which is here;

http://bulbapedia.bu...iki/Shadow_move

Only one shadow Pokemon is different aesthetically, and that is Shadow Lugia, or XD001.

And the reason for this is because they considered it their 'perfected' creation, of which could not be purified (Of course, Michael, the protagonist of Pokemon XD- Proves this theory to be false, although it was quite the difficulty.)

The other Shadow Pokemon looked exactly the same, and were only distinguishable by their Shadow Aura -

Rui - The female companion in Pokemon Colosseum has the ability to see this Aura, for whatever reason, and she notifies Wes (The protagonist) that that Pokemon is a Shadow Pokemon, and using the snag machine he stole from the team he left - Team Snagem, he is able to catch them.

As seen here;

07:09

And in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Michael's Mother works as a scientist, who develops for him some kind of goggles, so he is able to see the aura's of a Shadow Pokemon.

Such as here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npS3tfrKLoM&t=10m16s

10:16

Which the average person would not have access too.

Not to mention, Shadow Pokemon have never existed outside of the Orre region.

Team Cipher do not exist within Kanto.

They do not have a different colour pallet, and Cipher put all they had into developing the XD001 Shadow Lugia, which is the only Shadow Pokemon with a colour swap, it is very unlikely that even if they did exist within Kanto (which they don't) anybody would be able to see that they are Shadow Pokemon, or any of them would have a Shadow Pallet Swap.

Also there is the fact that nobody would even be able to capture them, as they already belong to a trainer, unless they had access to a snag machine - Which they don't.

Wes stole his from Team Snagem and Michael's was made at his Mother's laboratory.

This is why it is not canon.

Canon - it is important.

Even though it may not be implemented at all, I'd like to suggest a rarity of 1/65536 (2 to the power 16) rather than the shiny's regular 1/8192 (2 ^13) as I don't think 1/12000 as suggested is substantially high enough. A rarity on this scale would put anyone "hunting" for these things as completely insane. Shinys would still stay as valuable as they currently are.

Just accept that if you got a dark tangela, nobody would want/be able to afford it anyway. If you're lucky enough to get a dark pokemon - you can just have it follow you around for "omg that guy got dark poke" status. I don't think a huge market surrounding them would take off except for exclusive "dark for dark" trading, with maybe a lucky egg or two in the mix to sweeten any deal.

I think 1/65536 would do it. I don't see any major damages to the economy with those odds.

But feel free to disagree.

this does seem cool, but I dont agree with them being harder then shinies. if they are supposted to be another variant, just make them the same odds. It's just a sprite change, after all, and honestly, 1/8192 is plenty, something THAT high would just be outrageous. shinys are hard enough as is >.<

1/8192 is plenty, something THAT high would just be outrageous. shinys are hard enough as is >.<

With the number of players on the server, 1/65536 would be low enough so that SOME would turn up here and there.

I thought these were SUPPOSED to be stupid rare.

Rarer than dis steak.

grilled-rare-steak.jpg

With the number of players on the server, 1/65536 would be low enough so that SOME would turn up here and there.

I thought these were SUPPOSED to be stupid rare.

Rarer than dis steak.

grilled-rare-steak.jpg

Now that's one rare stake :o

And yeah, if dark pokemon were implemented the odds of finding one would have to be insanely low.

Sonnitude: 1/8192 just won't cut it I'm afraid.

First off Shadow or Dark pokemon seem like a good idea but make them A LOT different to shinies, second off what is canon?

The rules, storyline, and 'reality' in the PokeUniverse.

As Palpatine has stated above, this is judged on the games and games alone.

Essentially what 'really' happened in the Pokemon storyline, happens in the games.

Not the anime, and not the card game.

However;

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/pokemon-directors-finally-answer-the-eternal-questions#disqus_thread

Speaking of the movies and consequently the TV show, do the cartoons and the movies and the video games overlap? Is that all one Pokémon world, or are they two separate universes?

Masuda:

Basically, it’s the same place. Looking at it as a parallel world, or in some select spots being a parallel world might be more accurate.

However this doesn't apply to this topic either.

The anime doesn't feature Dark Pokemon either.

And I've already stated above as to why Shadow Pokemon cannot be used.

I'm terribly sorry. Pls forgive.

Yes they do

Dark_Tyranitar_Screenshot.jpg

(Pokemon the 4th movie. The Celebi one.)

That's not a bad point, but that being said, they still can't exist within Kanto.

And that movie took place in the past.

Plus they were only made Dark via the use of special balls.

That's not a bad point, but that being said, they still can't exist within Kanto.

And that movie took place in the past.

Plus they were only made Dark via the use of special balls.

With this in mind, everyone could just get 1 Dark Pokeball that turns w/e is caught into a Dark Pokemon.

its not pokemon's its just pokemon and stop being so negitive

Didn't realize using actual logic and facts behind my reasoning was being so negative. Especially since this idea is complete crap. Actually, your horrible idea of actually including Shadow Pokemon made the whole Dark Pokemon idea look slightly less awful by comparison.

I'll take it that after that first reply you realized that yes Shadow Pokemon's hearts open as they bond with the trainer, but they still don't gain experience until after being purified.

Hypothetically speaking, if they were to include dark pokemon, technically they would not have to include the fact that they gain no experience and just make them act like regular pokemon with a different color.

I will also say with the way the shiny market is going eventually they will fall way down in price same with lucky eggs, so I think we should start a new topic about ways to fix that first then discuss about dark pokemon even though it has been debated to death. There will also be some exceptions to that like the rare to encounter and catch pokemon, like chansey.

Nebula and Fabray please stop fighting over something complete unrelated to the thread.