[Denied]Dark Pokemon

However, I'm going to be that guy who goes and says "it isn't canon, therefore won't happen".

I'm always that guy, so I'm going to agree with Strych here.

PokeMMO shouldn't be like every other Pokemon MMO that has spawned over the years.

The thing I enjoy so much about it, is that it doesn't stray from what it is - Pokemon.

>Implying the anime is canon.

I was working so now I am going to loop all the way back to this.

I would expect that the anime and the games have an equal level of canon. In fact, often the anime/movies are given higher canon ratings than games *cough* Star Wars *cough*.

I don't think shinies would be de-valued from this at all. To be honest, they have already become slightly de-valued (a jolly aerodactyl with good IV's would probably have the most value at the moment. Even more so if it is shiny). a lot of people don't care about shinies anyway.

Oh yeah, add the in-game search bar.

Good point, but in terms of plot details, all anime should be considered canon.

I lol'd:

'Ash was able to pick up Larvitar despite it weighing more than 150 lbs (70 kg), according to game data. Hippopotas is also similar, due to the fact that there are 109 lbs (49 kg) of weight is bearing down on Ash's head and neck. Someone of similar stature in the real world would be prone to serious (if not irreparable) head, back, and/or neck injuries.'

Hey guys. I think this is racist. Team rocket holding black Pokemon?First white people now team rocket catching slaves?You know I'm black.this stuff is just too racist.I mean I'm just eating a apple as a a black pikachu.Then team rock shows up(white men) and I get caught for entertainment and I am abused! I don't support slavery cuz they black bro.

We aren't catching African-American Pokemon though.

Ahh, come on. The GC games had shadow pokemon. How is this not canon.

Shadow Pokemon are an entirely different story. (Although called 'Dark Pokemon' in Japan)

They are Pokemon modified by Team Cipher, who shut their hearts artificially, so they could be used for wrongful acts.

In addition to this, they can only use shadow type moves, a list of which is here;

http://bulbapedia.bu...iki/Shadow_move

Only one shadow Pokemon is different aesthetically, and that is Shadow Lugia, or XD001.

And the reason for this is because they considered it their 'perfected' creation, of which could not be purified (Of course, Michael, the protagonist of Pokemon XD- Proves this theory to be false, although it was quite the difficulty.)

The other Shadow Pokemon looked exactly the same, and were only distinguishable by their Shadow Aura -

Rui - The female companion in Pokemon Colosseum has the ability to see this Aura, for whatever reason, and she notifies Wes (The protagonist) that that Pokemon is a Shadow Pokemon, and using the snag machine he stole from the team he left - Team Snagem, he is able to catch them.

As seen here;

07:09

And in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Michael's Mother works as a scientist, who develops for him some kind of goggles, so he is able to see the aura's of a Shadow Pokemon.

Such as here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npS3tfrKLoM&t=10m16s

10:16

Which the average person would not have access too.

Not to mention, Shadow Pokemon have never existed outside of the Orre region.

Team Cipher do not exist within Kanto.

They do not have a different colour pallet, and Cipher put all they had into developing the XD001 Shadow Lugia, which is the only Shadow Pokemon with a colour swap, it is very unlikely that even if they did exist within Kanto (which they don't) anybody would be able to see that they are Shadow Pokemon, or any of them would have a Shadow Pallet Swap.

Also there is the fact that nobody would even be able to capture them, as they already belong to a trainer, unless they had access to a snag machine - Which they don't.

Wes stole his from Team Snagem and Michael's was made at his Mother's laboratory.

This is why it is not canon.

Canon - it is important.

I'm always that guy, so I'm going to agree with Strych here.

PokeMMO shouldn't be like every other Pokemon MMO that has spawned over the years.

The thing I enjoy so much about it, is that it doesn't stray from what it is - Pokemon.

It goes both ways though. Opinions on the topic differ. A large amount of people will eventually grow tired of this MMO if nothing unique is ever added.

Also, I don't recall dark pokemon being a part of any other Pokemon MMO. PWO, Pokemonium, and I believe there was maybe 1 or 2 more. Dark pokemon were never added to any of these. The web page based ones don't count. They're not MMO's lol..

It goes both ways though. Opinions on the topic differ. A large amount of people will eventually grow tired of this MMO if nothing unique is ever added.

Also, I don't recall dark pokemon being a part of any other Pokemon MMO. PWO, Pokemonium, and I believe there was maybe 1 or 2 more. Dark pokemon were never added to any of these. The web page based ones don't count. They're not MMO's lol..

Pokemon Crater had Dark and all sorts of other non-canon variations of Pokemon.

Also the web page based ones do count, because they were indeed Mass Multiplayer Online games.

I think, if anything, this can easily be implemented as an event.

For example, next Halloween everyone's pokemon will be greyscale'd until the end of the event.

Greyscale'd sounds boring though, why not just make them all candy corn colored.

Even that would get negative feedback though, because then people would be killing shinies left and right due to them not actually showing up shiny.

For example, next Halloween everyone's pokemon will be greyscale'd until the end of the event.

then people would be killing shinies left and right due to them not actually showing up shiny.

Meh, going to be a uguu and point that out, but I think when he said Everyone's he meant caught Pokemon.

Hey guys. I think this is racist. Team rocket holding black Pokemon?First white people now team rocket catching slaves?You know I'm black.this stuff is just too racist.I mean I'm just eating a apple as a a black pikachu.Then team rock shows up(white men) and I get caught for entertainment and I am abused! I don't support slavery cuz they black bro.

Pardon me, but what? The pokemon are not black. They just have the term "Dark" in front because that word is often associated with evil, or a bad spirit. I'm very unsure how you got racism into such a game. would that mean pokemon like Umbreon or Claydol are slaves because their color is black? Would that make normal "white" trainers racist or something of the such?

forgive me but really that whole comment is out of the blue, I think you're just thinking on it too hard. :)

Its true this, nor my edit of making it an event, will ever get implemented, but I thought we were all discussing it anyway?

I think a week of greyscaled Pokemon wouldn't piss off any shiny collectors. We could even reskin shinies into something less-grey and more freaky.

Pokemon Crater had Dark and all sorts of other non-canon variations of Pokemon.

Also the web page based ones do count, because they were indeed Mass Multiplayer Online games.

I don't classify those in the same category as PokeMMO. Two completely different paradigms. In my opinion, an irc chatroom doesn't render simple webpage scripts as an MMO. Pokemon Crater was awful, nonetheless.

I'm referring to MMO's with a client, rather than simple arrows that refresh the entire webpage when pressed. lol

I feel like this idea could be used like this;

You clone a pokemon you wish to clone, and distribute its IV's while keeping the nature and ability, but the catch is that it would lose like 30 total IV's to distribute or it could have max of 25 IV's on one stat.

This would be a "dark" pokemon. (of course this whole thingy would cost something, perhaps the original pokemon or a lot of poke$)

I feel like this idea could be used like this;

You clone a pokemon you wish to clone, and distribute its IV's while keeping the nature and ability, but the catch is that it would lose like 30 total IV's to distribute or it could have max of 25 IV's on one stat.

This would be a "dark" pokemon. (of course this whole thingy would cost something, perhaps the original pokemon or a lot of poke$)

God no