[Implemented] Move Tutors: Reteaching Moves

What: Exactly what the title says.

How: 50,000 pokedollars for the first reteach plus an additional 10,000 for every reteach after that, up to a cap of 100,000.

Why: 1: To teach moves to a pokemon again or teach them to multiple pokemon, of course.

2: To add another use for pokedollars; this game could use some money sinks, and although this isn't exactly a big one, every little bit helps.

3: About the scaling money: as the user relies on move tutors more, they've been playing the game longer, earning more money in the process. Spending 50k during their 2nd week of playing this game would feel about the same to them as spending 100k during their 3rd or 4th week of playing.

What do you think?

Yes, there was already a thread for this, but at nearly 2 months old, bumping it would've been necroing.

Also, more than half of the thread was arguing about forum etiquette instead of discussing the suggestion.

Not what I meant, but I do appreciate the help.

Move tutors being able to teach a move multiple times would allow them to teach it to not just 1 mon on your character, but an infinite amount of mon on your character, for a price. Because of this, using up a move tutor's one and only use on a mon you later realize you don't want on your competitive team would be a thing of the past.

EDIT: Also, I just checked: pokemon who are taught a move that they don't learn by leveling up, such as by a TM, cannot be retaught that move via that guy on Two Island, if you replace that move.

Not what I meant, but I do appreciate the help.

Move tutors being able to teach a move multiple times would allow them to teach it to not just 1 mon on your character, but an infinite amount of mon on your character, for a price. Because of this, using up a move tutor's one and only use on a mon you later realize you don't want on your competitive team would be a thing of the past.

Ah. These were implemented in Emerald. Battle points from the battle frontier was used to purchase them.

I feel like this should be more of maybe a weekly/monthly thing where you only get 1 use per move tutor, but a week later they reset and you can use them all again, but it doesn't stack up.

This would just force people to have many alts or make new ones whenever they needed a certain move ASAP.

I don't agree with the cost, which I feel should be a Pokemon drop (Like Stardust or Pearls), but am in full support of the idea itself.

Well, I was thinking they made mushrooms purchasable just so the older members with a large amount of competitive Pokemon wouldn't be overwhelmed by mushroom farming. However, now that we essentially relearned moves for free for the last month, it would make sense to remove it.

We = The community. If you have Pokemon that you want to relearn a move and haven't done so already, that's your own issue.

Well, I was thinking they made mushrooms purchasable just so the older members with a large amount of competitive Pokemon wouldn't be overwhelmed by mushroom farming. However, now that we essentially relearned moves for free for the last month, it would make sense to remove it.

We = The community. If you have Pokemon that you want to relearn a move and haven't done so already, that's your own issue.

You do realise new people join every day right? RIGHT?

No pls. You don't speak for everyone.

You do realise new people join every day right? RIGHT?

New people wouldn't have an excess of competitive Pokemon that are awaiting the relearner like we all have for the last few months. Did you even read my post? The point is that we got our (relatively) free relearning, now that we're all on an even playing field they remove the mushroom vendor.